Registration for Attendee FAQ for 2014 - updated as of [5/20/2014]

Started by SOawesomeness, February 03, 2014, 03:12:01 PM

SOawesomeness

Quote from: sael on February 03, 2014, 04:38:28 PM
My question got a little buried in that, so let me put it here at the end: Will badges that are added after the first 5 (if I pay for the first 5 before adding more) be charged to the same card, or can a different card be used?
Please e-mail [email protected] for more information on this!
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

SOawesomeness

Quote from: kookiekween99 on February 03, 2014, 04:43:47 PM
I have more questions (including how adding more people to the online reg line is supposed to help alleviate congestion) but I will wait until later after this initial rush of questions dies down.
We will add flexibility in our system in order to be able to change our registration stations from At-Con to Online Pickup depending on the demand! Regardless, there will always be a rush no matter what line- but with the ability to balance the load between at-con and pick-up will alleviate creating an unbalanced rush on either end of Reg.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

twilightookami

Quote from: SOawesomeness on February 03, 2014, 04:45:25 PM
Quote from: hikanteki on February 03, 2014, 04:34:44 PM
Quote from: SOawesomeness on February 03, 2014, 03:12:01 PM

Miscellaneous

Q: What are the wait times like?

A: Expect long lines on all of Thursday- bring snacks and drinks if you plan on coming on Thursday.
Friday may have very long lines as well.
Saturday from morning to late afternoon will be busy. The evening time tends to be fairly quiet.
Sunday morning until the afternoon will be busy but tends to get quiet after noon.
Monday is usually very quiet.

While I'm glad info is finally up, I'm saddened that this is the first official response we get after last year's registration.
I can promise that we are working on optimizing our system and it will be drastically different than previous years.

I really hope this is true. Having more than four or five volunteers working the booths to give out badges would be a good start.

Sable

QuoteA: This change will only affect you if you will need to book more than 2 rooms.
Each registered member will be allowed to book up to two rooms. If your group will need additional rooms, another group member will have to book the extra rooms.

I'm slightly concerned about this.
I have a group of about 30 people that travel seven hours from southern california together. We usually book our hotel rooms all in bulk under my name so we can skip the hassle of having ten people in different cars, arriving at different times etc and not having to worry about whether or not we're all going to be in the same hotel because someone didn't wake up on time, or we didn't arrive to the hotel in time etc.
Is there anything that can be done to insure that we will all be at the same hotel and within the general same area as each other?

We've been coming to this con for at least the past five years and we really want to make the trek up there again this year, but all these obstacles are piling up so quick!

edit: spelling.

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Sable on February 03, 2014, 04:56:57 PM
QuoteA: This change will only affect you if you will need to book more than 2 rooms.
Each registered member will be allowed to book up to two rooms. If your group will need additional rooms, another group member will have to book the extra rooms.

I'm slightly concerned about this.
I have a group of about 30 people that travel seven hours from southern california together. We usually book our hotel rooms all in bulk under my name so we can skip the hassle of having ten people in different cars, arriving at different times etc and not having to worry about whether or not we're all going to be in the same hotel because someone didn't wake up on time, or we didn't arrive to the hotel in time etc.
Is there anything that can be done to insure that we will all be at the same hotel and within the general same area as each other?

We've been coming to this con for at least the past five years and we really want to make the trek up there again this year, but all these obstacles are piling up so quick!

edit: spelling.

I would personally e-mail [email protected] and let them know of your situation. (Note: it may be fanihousing@ but I am unsure- if you ask them in the email, they should be able to direct you to the right people to talk to if it not them.)
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

SOawesomeness

Quote from: twilightookami on February 03, 2014, 04:56:30 PM
I really hope this is true. Having more than four or five volunteers working the booths to give out badges would be a good start.
;) We can always use more staff to help out!
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

SkylerKarashi

So lets say i buy my own badge, i know i can pick up my own. But what if i buy my girlfriends badge as single (non group) would she still have to be the one to pick it up? Or would i be able to since i paid for it.
My Cosplay For Fanime 2024:
Thursday: Closet Kaminari/Yuri (BNHA/Yuri On Ice)
Friday: Goth (Boyfriends)
Saturday: Red (Pokemon & Smash Bros)
Sunday: Casual Kaminari (BNHA)
Monday: Goth (Boyfriends)

SOawesomeness

Quote from: gary925 on February 03, 2014, 05:13:09 PM
So lets say i buy my own badge, i know i can pick up my own. But what if i buy my girlfriends badge as single (non group) would she still have to be the one to pick it up? Or would i be able to since i paid for it.
Our standing policy is that people cannot pick up other people's badges unless they are in a group. Things in the FAQ may change but we will announce any significant changes. Until then, please adhere to any standing policies!
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Olivine

If I wanted to pick up my badge at the Clockwork Alchemy location does that mean my badge would have their design? I want a Fanime badge but pick it up at their location.
Dead by Daylight gathering organizer

DuoDoUrden

This would be a Second time going To Fanime, its now become a Tradition for me and my Girlfriend. But I Fly in the day before due to schedule crunches and delays. But the fact we can not Register as a Group because its only 2 maybe 3 of us going was a huge let down let alone the LACK of information about changes and such on your social Media sites. If you change anything with the Group Rules and lower it to 2 or 3 can we get our single badges to Group. Because I don't want her waiting while I am in line because I get to wait because she could not get my badge. Due to my Plane being late.

obiwanivan

It was be awesome if you could offer a Premier badger like AX.  I would gladly pay extra not to stand in a 3+ hour line :)

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Olivine on February 03, 2014, 06:17:30 PM
If I wanted to pick up my badge at the Clockwork Alchemy location does that mean my badge would have their design? I want a Fanime badge but pick it up at their location.
If you have marked FanimeCon as your convention before selecting Clockwork Alchemy as your pickup location, we will try to get you a FanimeCon badge. However, we are still working on things logistically and this may turn out not to be the case so be prepared to be surprised!   :-X

We will attempt to have FanimeCon registrants who set their pickup location to Clockwork Alchemy the FanimeCon badge.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

echoshadow

Wow, glad to you guys decided to inform us a week before hotel reg went up.
You guys do know your site is going to get bogged down right?

I guess I can say I'm happy your guys are finally limiting people getting two rooms only. Not sure why this wasn't done years before.

In a way I'm glad you have to reg before you book a room. It sure prevents the room hoarders from booking 4+ rooms then dropping them by the April deadline.

As for the pre reg line will you guys have everything pre labeled and ready to be handed out?
Will there be more than 6 booths for the 10k+ people that show up?
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

sael

Hotel Changes for FanimeCon 2014

For FanimeCon 2014, we are trying something different in order to make booking a hotel room less of a headache and more fair for our attendees. It is now going to be a requirement for our attendees to have a FanimeCon 2014 membership in order to book a hotel room.

Does the name on the card being used to book a hotel room have to match the name on the Fanime membership used to book it?  My roommate, who isn't considering getting a badge at this time, has offered to charge the room bill to her card since I'm charging a bunch of badges to mine.

korsair

Q: I Pre-registered at the convention last year and was wondering how I am able to confirm that.

A: FanimeCon's Pre-Registration from the last day of FanimeCon 2013 accounts will be loaded into the server soon.

Will we receive an email when this is done? And this will be done prior to housing going live, right?

vralls13

My children are adults (20,22), never the less, I am still their parent. Can I still pick up all of our badges (as I have done for the last decade)? As you might expect we all have the same last name.

Avairrianna

What about the few of us on staff that are booking our own rooms? Will housing have that information when we try to book a room cause I have no information (numbers or such) other than I'm on staff?
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

vralls13

I think the two room limit is a good idea. Also having to be registered in order to book a room is probebly an even better one. thanks!  :)

My one concern is that a week might not be enough time to make sure that everyone who wants to book a room knows before hand. Because if you try to registar for a room without having bought a membership, see the error and go to fix it, by the time you buy the membership and get back to rooms, they will be all gone... Although, with the two room limit maybe not...

echoshadow

Quote from: vralls13 on February 03, 2014, 09:24:42 PM
My one concern is that a week might not be enough time to make sure that everyone who wants to book a room knows before hand. Because if you try to registar for a room without having bought a membership, see the error and go to fix it, by the time you buy the membership and get back to rooms, they will be all gone... Although, with the two room limit maybe not...
Sadly that's the method to this madness. Those that really want it will take time to do so. As the saying goes the early bird gets the worm.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Nyanko

"Hotel Changes for FanimeCon 2014

For FanimeCon 2014, we are trying something different in order to make booking a hotel room less of a headache and more fair for our attendees. It is now going to be a requirement for our attendees to have a FanimeCon 2014 membership in order to book a hotel room.

Q: Do I have to do anything different other than registering for a membership and then hotel room?
A: Since both of our registration and housing website is handled by CMR, this should be as simple as confirming your information on the housing website after you have registered for your membership"

1.OK so I am part of a group registration I am not however the leader of the group, does this affect my ability and speed to be able to book a hotel room?

2. Do I have to have my badge paid for to book a hotel room?

3. Upon booking besides having my info available do I need the info of my group leader I.e. name and fan name to book a room?

~Blood for betrayal~
http://nekae.deviantart.com/
Fanime2013
Penelo ff12
Sailor Moon