Registration for Attendee FAQ for 2014 - updated as of [5/20/2014]

Started by SOawesomeness, February 03, 2014, 03:12:01 PM

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

DangerHeart

Quote from: DangerHeart on February 26, 2014, 05:23:16 PM
Quote from: SOawesomeness on February 26, 2014, 05:03:50 PM
Quote from: DangerHeart on February 26, 2014, 02:25:41 PM
Is the first person who registers for the group automatically group leader? Its just showing up alphabetically I think, so I want to make sure since I'm the only who can pick them up on thursday night.
Actually, I'm not 100% sure. When I tested it, the first person who was registered was the one who was the group leader. It may have been changed but if you want more clarification, you should e-mail fanireg@cmrus.com for more information.

I'll do that know just to get a for sure answer, luckily I have until friday before I buy them all anyway. Thank for the reply!

Its been about 24 hours with no answer yet so I'm coming down to the wire before the price jump happens. Does anything know the answer to this?

fr0zendrgn

1. Is it okay if I make someone else in my group the group leader even though I'm paying for everyone's badges? Because I don't have a Government Issued ID, only a High school ID (last year they let me get my group's badges with my school ID but I don't wanna push my luck for this year...). I'm the only person in the group with enough money to pay for everyone.

2. Is the Group Leader picks up the badges rule going to be properly followed this year? Because last year your STAFF was giving me a hard time when I was picking up my group's badges. I had the paperwork and everything to show I was the group leader but they wouldn't give me my groups badges because I wasn't the "owner" of their badges. Luckily my group came with me on Day 0 so we were able to pick up our badges, but I really don't want to have to go this problem again.

3. Does the Group Name appear on anything (like our Badges)? I'm just wondering since we're running really low on time and can't decide on a group name lol.

DangerHeart

Quote from: fr0zendrgn on February 27, 2014, 06:42:45 PM
1. Is it okay if I make someone else in my group the group leader even though I'm paying for everyone's badges? Because I don't have a Government Issued ID, only a High school ID (last year they let me get my group's badges with my school ID but I don't wanna push my luck for this year...). I'm the only person in the group with enough money to pay for everyone.

2. Is the Group Leader picks up the badges rule going to be properly followed this year? Because last year your STAFF was giving me a hard time when I was picking up my group's badges. I had the paperwork and everything to show I was the group leader but they wouldn't give me my groups badges because I wasn't the "owner" of their badges. Luckily my group came with me on Day 0 so we were able to pick up our badges, but I really don't want to have to go this problem again.

3. Does the Group Name appear on anything (like our Badges)? I'm just wondering since we're running really low on time and can't decide on a group name lol.

(Not a staff member)
1. Yes I think you can, every year before this I've signed everyone in my group up and used my paypal to buy all badges, but have only been group leader one year. I don't see why you shouldn't be able too.

2. That seems really strange, we've never had problems getting everyone's badges so I can't explain that at all.....

3. I think I've read that the group name doesn't appear on the badge. Just the standard info that's on them every year.

Biblio

Quote from: fr0zendrgn on February 27, 2014, 06:42:45 PM
1. Is it okay if I make someone else in my group the group leader even though I'm paying for everyone's badges? Because I don't have a Government Issued ID, only a High school ID (last year they let me get my group's badges with my school ID but I don't wanna push my luck for this year...). I'm the only person in the group with enough money to pay for everyone.

Also not staff, but the first page of this thread which has the FAQs as they stand right now, say that they take student ID this year. (which is different from previous years, I know) Just something to consider in case it helps your situation.
Quote
Q: Who can pick up the collective group's badges? What does the leader need to pick up the badges?

A: Only the group leader can pick up the badges. No one else may pick up the group's badges- this is to prevent theft. The leader must have either a valid student ID or a valid government issued photo ID during pick-up- otherwise, no one can pick up their badges. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DISTRIBUTION OF THE BADGES TO THE GROUP MEMBERS. Any lost badges will result in a re-print fee.


codemaster

I have a few additional questions & issues that aren't covered:

1. The group registration page seems to be broken (https://www2.cmrreg.com/fan_teamview/)
2. Is there no way to pre-order a single-day badge online? It seems a bit backwards because of how long the lines can be...
3. Is there a way to group register for a single day? For example, if 4 people want to attend on Saturday only.
4. If registration opens at 12:01 AM, does this mean we can come as early as (hypothetically) 4 AM to pick up badges? Do you think this will reduce the crazy lines we saw last year?

Thanks.
I like programming and making stuff.

SquishyK

Quote from: codemaster on March 28, 2014, 12:04:07 PM
I have a few additional questions & issues that aren't covered:

1. The group registration page seems to be broken (https://www2.cmrreg.com/fan_teamview/)
2. Is there no way to pre-order a single-day badge online? It seems a bit backwards because of how long the lines can be...
3. Is there a way to group register for a single day? For example, if 4 people want to attend on Saturday only.
4. If registration opens at 12:01 AM, does this mean we can come as early as (hypothetically) 4 AM to pick up badges? Do you think this will reduce the crazy lines we saw last year?

Thanks.

The way I understand it is that the 12:01 AM time is FOR ONLINE day of registration. So you can pay online starting at 12:01 AM for THAT DAY and then pick up your badge at the con. The actual lines for badge pickup open at 8 AM. I have no idea about group same day registration I would email registrationATfanime.com and/or faniregATcmrus.com
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

phr34kish

In the past, Fanime hasn't offered one day badges during pre- or early-registration for individuals OR groups. One day badges have to be purchased at-con.

SquishyK

Quote from: phr34kish on March 28, 2014, 12:56:01 PM
In the past, Fanime hasn't offered one day badges during pre- or early-registration for individuals OR groups. One day badges have to be purchased at-con.

According to the first post on this thread, they are not offered during pre- or early- registration (terms fanime seems to be moving away from using). But you CAN pay for them online. You must still purchase them online on the SAME day you wish to attend and then pick them up at the convention center. (or clockwork alchemy)
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: codemaster on March 28, 2014, 12:04:07 PM
2. Is there no way to pre-order a single-day badge online? It seems a bit backwards because of how long the lines can be...

No, you can only pre-order the full-con badges online.

Quote from: codemaster on March 28, 2014, 12:04:07 PM
3. Is there a way to group register for a single day? For example, if 4 people want to attend on Saturday only.

I don't know, that might be an option once single day registration is up.

Quote from: codemaster on March 28, 2014, 12:04:07 PM
4. If registration opens at 12:01 AM, does this mean we can come as early as (hypothetically) 4 AM to pick up badges? Do you think this will reduce the crazy lines we saw last year?

FanimeCon is a 24 hour con, so yes, you can show up at 4 AM to line up for badges. Badge pick-up won't be available until 8 AM, though.

Admiral Donuts

#109
If you register online between April 1st and whenever online registration ends, are you still able to pick up on Day 0?

Edit: Also the FAQ is confusing, what's the difference between "Pre-Registration", "Prepaid" and "Early Registration?" Because all the terms are used in different contexts and different capitalization without there being any hard definitions.

Quote from: SOawesomeness on February 03, 2014, 03:12:01 PM
FanimeCon Early Online Registration Prices:
•   Registration opens:  $55
•   First price break (February 28, 2014 at 11:59pm PST):  $65
•   Early registration/At-con registration (March 31st, 2014 at 11:59pm PST):  $75
Quote from: SOawesomeness on February 03, 2014, 03:12:01 PM
Q: I Pre-registered at the convention last year and was wondering how I am able to confirm that.

Quote from: SOawesomeness on February 03, 2014, 03:12:01 PM
A: We will be open from Thursday to Monday of FanimeCon. Thursday, will be pick-up exclusively for Pre-Registration attendees only.
Quote from: SOawesomeness on February 03, 2014, 03:12:01 PM
A: No, Thursday is an additional option for prepaid members who wish to pick up their badge on that day.

Maybe you could start calling them "Reg Group A" and "Reg Group B" or something, or nail down what counts as what for clarity.

SquishyK

#110
Quote from: Admiral Donuts on March 31, 2014, 11:30:04 AM
If you register online between April 1st and whenever online registration ends, are you still able to pick up on Day 0?

Edit: Also the FAQ is confusing, what's the difference between "Pre-Registration", "Prepaid" and "Early Registration?" Because all the terms are used in different contexts and different capitalization without there being any hard definitions.

Quote from: SOawesomeness on February 03, 2014, 03:12:01 PM
FanimeCon Early Online Registration Prices:
•   Registration opens:  $55
•   First price break (February 28, 2014 at 11:59pm PST):  $65
•   Early registration/At-con registration (March 31st, 2014 at 11:59pm PST):  $75
Quote from: SOawesomeness on February 03, 2014, 03:12:01 PM
Q: I Pre-registered at the convention last year and was wondering how I am able to confirm that.

Quote from: SOawesomeness on February 03, 2014, 03:12:01 PM
A: We will be open from Thursday to Monday of FanimeCon. Thursday, will be pick-up exclusively for Pre-Registration attendees only.
Quote from: SOawesomeness on February 03, 2014, 03:12:01 PM
A: No, Thursday is an additional option for prepaid members who wish to pick up their badge on that day.

Maybe you could start calling them "Reg Group A" and "Reg Group B" or something, or nail down what counts as what for clarity.

This happens often when information is copied over from year to year and some things change. If the document isn't closely reviewed old terminology gets mixed in and it can be confusing. When they say "Thursday, will be pick-up exclusively for Pre-Registration attendees" This is likely an old term and should probably be replaced with "exclusively for prepaid attendees". However, "I Pre-registered at the convention last year" clearly refers to people who paid for their badge for next year's con at the end of last year's con. Using a term like "Pre-registered" is probably still antiquated terminology and should simply state "I registered for this year's convention at the end of last year's convention" or "I paid for this year's badge at the end of the convention last year". Also, they switch between "prepaid" and "pre-paid", google says it should be "prepaid", either way they should probably pick one and stick with it.

Since Fanime may be printing labels for badges at-con like they did last year it is possible that you might be able to pay for your badge Thursday morning (day 0) and pick it up that day when they open for badge pick-up. They would no longer have to print out all the "pre-reg" badges ahead of time (double checked and they do not seem to have a cut off time for online full-weekend registration). Also, it seems like they will have 2 lines for the rest of the con, paid online and pay at-con. Because they now allow even one day attendees to pay online the day of.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: pitin on March 31, 2014, 01:06:32 PM
Since Fanime may be printing labels for badges at-con like they did last year it is possible that you might be able to pay for your badge Thursday morning (day 0) and pick it up that day when they open for badge pick-up.

If that's the case it's a definite change from last year. Pre-reg will likely be closed sometime in early to mid-May.

philipwing

Why are we asked to choose between Fanime and Clockwork Alchemy at registration? It definitely gave me pause without a path for an answer. I interpreted it as we had to choose and would only be registered for one and not the other. Went through anyways.

FYI, no link on the convention webpage for this forum. Had to find it on Twitter.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: philipwing on March 31, 2014, 02:53:43 PM
Why are we asked to choose between Fanime and Clockwork Alchemy at registration? It definitely gave me pause without a path for an answer. I interpreted it as we had to choose and would only be registered for one and not the other. Went through anyways.

FYI, no link on the convention webpage for this forum. Had to find it on Twitter.

You're asked to pick con so they can give money to which one you want, and pickup location determines where you get it.

There's definitely a link to the forums on the webpage now, its the middle one.

Akita

I emailed Reg the other day, in regards to one of my friend buying an individual pass, and then wanting to add onto my group.  However, to my surprise, this process is not "allowed"; meaning I would have to add him into my group, and register him as a completely NEW person (paying the new fee, when he's already paid), while he get's reimbursed his early pre-reg money.  I think that's a bit screwed up in my opinion, since I am adding one less person to the line of thousands on Day 0.  Is this the ONLY way to do it?

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: Akita on April 02, 2014, 10:10:55 PM
I emailed Reg the other day, in regards to one of my friend buying an individual pass, and then wanting to add onto my group.  However, to my surprise, this process is not "allowed"; meaning I would have to add him into my group, and register him as a completely NEW person (paying the new fee, when he's already paid), while he get's reimbursed his early pre-reg money.  I think that's a bit screwed up in my opinion, since I am adding one less person to the line of thousands on Day 0.  Is this the ONLY way to do it?

If you've already e-mailed reg they probably have the final say.

That sounds like a dumb restriction, though. It probably has something to do with the way the reg system is set up.

ewu

Yes it is a systems restriction and not a policy we have set. Sorry!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: ewu on April 02, 2014, 10:41:07 PM
Yes it is a systems restriction and not a policy we have set. Sorry!

Couldn't his friend register as a new member with the group, get reimbursed, AND have Fanime credit him the difference so he's not losing any money?

ewu

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on April 02, 2014, 11:05:47 PM
Couldn't his friend register as a new member with the group, get reimbursed, AND have Fanime credit him the difference so he's not losing any money?

I would say email registration. registrationATfanime and not the faniregATcmrus address and tell them your situation. They may be able to help.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

kookiekween99

Have the times for Thursday badge pickup been announced yet?
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14