Registering for Hilton or Marriot?

Started by mikasa-san, February 10, 2014, 10:43:45 AM

mikasa-san

Is there any chance that either the Hilton or the Marriott will be open for booking Thursday night thru Monday morning? Currently all that is listed as available is Saturday night with check-out being Sunday morning.

My friends are traveling from the central valley and will need to stay the weekend at a hotel in proximity to the con. Either St. Claire, Fairmont, Hilton, or Marriott.

Will there be more housing open later?
FANIME 2015 COSPLAYS:
Maleficent
Poland (for Gong Show)

Xia

That's strange. A few minutes earlier I was still able to book a room at the Marriotts for Friday to Sunday night via the hotel list page.

It was possible those options were the only one left for you - and by now all the hotels nearby are booked. Hope you managed to find something!

Gwydion

I was trying to get the Hilton for Thursday thru Monday as well and try as I might, couldn't get it at ALL to show up. Finally had to settle for Fairmont and Friday thru Monday. And I was trying exactly at 10am.

I'm wondering if there were ANY Thursday rooms at the Hilton. Hell, rooms at all...it never once showed up for me.

SkylerKarashi

Quote from: Gwydion on February 10, 2014, 11:41:31 AM
I was trying to get the Hilton for Thursday thru Monday as well and try as I might, couldn't get it at ALL to show up. Finally had to settle for Fairmont and Friday thru Monday. And I was trying exactly at 10am.

I'm wondering if there were ANY Thursday rooms at the Hilton. Hell, rooms at all...it never once showed up for me.
They did have them, cause i was able to book thursday thru monday.
My Cosplay For Fanime 2024:
Thursday: Closet Kaminari/Yuri (BNHA/Yuri On Ice)
Friday: Goth (Boyfriends)
Saturday: Red (Pokemon & Smash Bros)
Sunday: Casual Kaminari (BNHA)
Monday: Goth (Boyfriends)

mikasa-san

I tried at 10am and it showed nothing. I called Fanime housing to confirm and they stated that now, as of 11:48, there is nothing available for Thurs-Mon, or Fri-Mon for Hilton or Marriott and recommended booking at some of the hotels that are available near the airport area.

I tenatively booked the DoubleTree however I might be able to switch reservations at a later time. I am waiting for more information from a roommate of mine who actually works for the Hilton. He would have the best advice on the subject.
FANIME 2015 COSPLAYS:
Maleficent
Poland (for Gong Show)

Gwydion

Quote from: gary925 on February 10, 2014, 11:43:18 AM
Quote from: Gwydion on February 10, 2014, 11:41:31 AM

They did have them, cause i was able to book thursday thru monday.

So maybe they had very few, or it's a casualty of the website crashing every two seconds. That's annoying.

mikasa-san

Currently it is not a website error. I spoke with someone over the phone who confirmed that the two hotels ARE fully booked and you would need to be put on a wait list for the time being.

I ended up booking DoubleTree *shrugs* I have a very reliable vehicle with lots of room so I'm not concerned about getting myself or my friends back and forth between the con.
FANIME 2015 COSPLAYS:
Maleficent
Poland (for Gong Show)

SquishyK

Quote from: mikasa-san on February 10, 2014, 12:47:55 PM
Currently it is not a website error. I spoke with someone over the phone who confirmed that the two hotels ARE fully booked and you would need to be put on a wait list for the time being.

I ended up booking DoubleTree *shrugs* I have a very reliable vehicle with lots of room so I'm not concerned about getting myself or my friends back and forth between the con.

Don't forget that Fanime also provides a shuttle service from the DoubleTree, Holiday Inn, and San Jose Airport Hotel to the convention center.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

BunofGovt

Clockwork Alchemy will be at the DoubleTree, so you'll be closer to those events!
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

mikasa-san

Indeed also I have my car which I'll be using to drive myself and my roommates to and from the con (Psycho Donuts parking garage ftw... and the donuts too... also much win!)
FANIME 2015 COSPLAYS:
Maleficent
Poland (for Gong Show)