Badge Pick Up Line

Started by freewayangel092, February 11, 2014, 01:35:20 PM

freewayangel092

Have the issues and problems of last years line to pick up badges been handled???
Are we going to have to spend hours and hours in a line???
Have pick up times for badges been posted???

Admiral Donuts

Not a member of staff, but here's my guesses:

Probably not.
Probably yes.
No.

Roguemagus

From what I heard, the line was bad last year because 7 of the 8 badge printing machines broke down on Thursday. It will probably not happen again this year, but things can always happen.

Purelovely

I hope it gets fixed this year. I fly in from Indiana that day so I'm already exhausted and that line last year was a nightmare. We were in line for 8 hours and then I had leg pain all throughout the con because of a medical condition. I even saw someone had to be taken away by ambulance.
Fanime Con 2018 Cosplay:
Fri: No cosplay
Sat: ??
Sun: No cosplay
Mon: No cosplay because I'm going to Disneyland!

EJAY420

I always get my badge on early early early friday morning, when the line is somewhat short. NEVER GET YOUR BADGE ON DAY ZERO. Not worth it waiting over 11 hours to get it.
Most Impressive.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: EJAY420 on February 12, 2014, 10:13:02 AM
I always get my badge on early early early friday morning, when the line is somewhat short. NEVER GET YOUR BADGE ON DAY ZERO. Not worth it waiting over 11 hours to get it.

Personally I'll still be getting my badge on Day 0, but there's no big advantage to it. The only event they run on Thursday is Day 1 of Swap Meet, and last year it didn't require a badge to gain access.

SOawesomeness

Quote from: freewayangel092 on February 11, 2014, 01:35:20 PM
Have the issues and problems of last years line to pick up badges been handled???
Are we going to have to spend hours and hours in a line???
Have pick up times for badges been posted???
We will and have done all that we can do in order to mitigate the problems we had in previous years. This will include ramping up the number of stations we have, and hopefully doing more prep-work before Fanime even starts. However, there are and will always be limitations and unforseen circumstances.

The Registration team which plans all of the work for both at-con and pre-con have increased this year and has more support than it potentially ever has had.

I cannot comment on how many hours you will have to spend in the line as it ultimately relies on:
1. When you decide to pick up your badge
2. How many other people decide to pick up your badge at that time
3. How many people decide to wait hours before Registration even opens to pick up your badge
Note that even in previous years, our most busiest and record-number of pickups per hour times still had a wait time of 2 hours or more. We hope to break the previous record this year.

Pickup times will be announced soon... expect them to come up once the Fanime website does. It should be around the same as last year's times, but of course, everything is tbd until it is announced.

For those of you who are curious, the entire registration flow will be detailed in May on the forums so you know what to expect when you arrive at the convention center.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

OGIGA

There's supposedly a new system in place. Will it be better than the previous system? It better be! But nobody knows until time comes.