Can I pick up the badge I payed for that is not me?

Started by Malocide, February 11, 2014, 02:37:19 PM

Malocide

I wanted to group reg but it said min 5 so I had to do individual reg but I want to pick up the badges I payed for since the person whom's badge it is will be at work till Friday night and will have no way to get into anything if I can't pick it up. Last year I was able to pick it up fine but now I am concerned I will not be able too since it was not a group reg. Anyone know if there is anyway I can pick up his badge?

SkylerKarashi

Ive tried asking them already. They said the person whoes name is on the badge has to be the one to pick it up. :/
My Cosplay For Fanime 2024:
Thursday: Closet Kaminari/Yuri (BNHA/Yuri On Ice)
Friday: Goth (Boyfriends)
Saturday: Red (Pokemon & Smash Bros)
Sunday: Casual Kaminari (BNHA)
Monday: Goth (Boyfriends)

Admiral Donuts

Unfortunately, no. Maybe you can find three more people and try and get them to put you in under a group?

Malocide

This is so awful I have never had a problem with this. There is no way I can find random people to be in my "Group" I don't see why it would hurt them to have people pick up someone else badge if anything it should help keep the lines smaller and make things quicker.

Admiral Donuts

the problem is that they have to go through everyone's badges to match them together, which takes longer, I guess.

OGIGA

It's worth a shot to request consolidation be emailing [email protected]

PLEASE post your results afterwards, for the benefit of everyone understanding Fanime's practices (and policies).

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Malocide on February 13, 2014, 11:35:28 AM
This is so awful I have never had a problem with this. There is no way I can find random people to be in my "Group" I don't see why it would hurt them to have people pick up someone else badge if anything it should help keep the lines smaller and make things quicker.

It would be wrong IF someone claims to pick up someone's badge and when the actual person comes to pick it up to find out someone else did, who are you going to blame for this mistake? In honestly, this is the BEST policy to make sure all attendees can get their paid badges. This policy has been like this ever since I went to Fanime for more than 10 years.

I've actually did find friends of friends to help me with the group registration to get the minimum.

EllaMit24

I sent them an email, I really want to know if there is absolutely no way to pick up a badge that you paid for for someone else. I paid for my husband, we have the same address and I used my card information for both. He works Thursday and will be unavailable to pick up the badge. There's is absolutely no way he can come with me. He can give me one of his id's though, you would think that would be sufficient? Furthermore if I pay for another person's ticket with my own money and card info I really think I should be able to pick it up myself.

What about parents registering their children who would need their parents to pick up the badge anyway. Are you guys saying that the child would HAVE to be present to pick up their own badge even though through Fanime rules their parents have to purchase badges for minors as well as be present picking them up. That to me makes absolutely no sense. I really want to hear what Fanime has to say about this situation because I'm a little annoyed if I have to drag my husband out of work just to get his badge.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: EllaMit24 on February 26, 2014, 03:22:40 PM
I sent them an email, I really want to know if there is absolutely no way to pick up a badge that you paid for for someone else.

It used to be that you could do group reg for any number of people, but now it's a minimum of five, and that's the only way you can pick up a badge for someone else. I'm not staff or anything, but I've never seen them deviate from the policy before.

What about parents registering their children who would need their parents to pick up the badge anyway. Are you guys saying that the child would HAVE to be present to pick up their own badge even though through Fanime rules their parents have to purchase badges for minors as well as be present picking them up. That to me makes absolutely no sense.

Parents don't have to purchase badges for minors. That's just an option for people under 18 without legal ID.

Just to be sure you know, you can pick up your badge at any time during the con, it's just that Thursday is the first time you can pick it up.

ewu

I understand it is an inconvenience, but I would suggest that your husband register his membership and pick up his badge when it is convenient for him and he can be physically present. He can register at anytime between Thursday and Monday when registration is open. You do not need to be present.

The Fanime staff understand your predicament, but unfortunately the person registering the membership and picking up the badge must have ID that matches the name on the membership. This is first and foremost a liability issue, but also to ensure someone is not picking up someone else's badge without their permission. For example, an ex-boyfriend picking up a badge for an ex-girlfriend without her permission. I know that it is not likely for your situation, but we can not allow an exception in your case. Making special exceptions would require us to make exceptions in similar borderline cases. Among other problems, allowing special case exceptions would simply slow down the process and contribute to the long lines that we have already and are diligently working to dispose of. One of the methods to decrease the lines is to streamline the process and minimize such special cases.

Please email registrationATfanimeDOTcom if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Eric

I sent them an email, I really want to know if there is absolutely no way to pick up a badge that you paid for for someone else. I paid for my husband, we have the same address and I used my card information for both. He works Thursday and will be unavailable to pick up the badge. There's is absolutely no way he can come with me. He can give me one of his id's though, you would think that would be sufficient? Furthermore if I pay for another person's ticket with my own money and card info I really think I should be able to pick it up myself.

What about parents registering their children who would need their parents to pick up the badge anyway. Are you guys saying that the child would HAVE to be present to pick up their own badge even though through Fanime rules their parents have to purchase badges for minors as well as be present picking them up. That to me makes absolutely no sense. I really want to hear what Fanime has to say about this situation because I'm a little annoyed if I have to drag my husband out of work just to get his badge.

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

EllaMit24

I suppose that makes sense as far as liability. However it still saddens me. I really did feel like being able to register 2 people in a group just flowed so much better. But I DO see what you're getting at. I also had trouble finding more information on the site... then again I am old and the new layout befuddles me lol. I will just have to find a time that works for him, or I'll just forget about the ticket I mean 55 bucks really isn't that much.

I am not sure I understand how having each and every individual person who pays for registration being there and present when picking up their badge shortens the line wait time however? With group registration it made it possible for only the group leader to be present to pick up the group's badges versus every single individual being present. This year each and ever single person who registers will have to be physically present to pick up their badge, which would naturally mean more bodies in the line. For example if a group of 3-4 friends want to attend together, in years prior the group leader would wait in line while some of the other group attendees handled the hotel setup. It saved a lot of time and saved space in line, but this year those same friends have expressed that they'll all be standing in the line at the same time Thursday morning together so they can get their badges at the same time. Which makes 3-4 bodies in the line instead of only 1.

I haven't attended the con in probably 3 years so I'm still lost to the changes. But I am hoping they all work for out for all the congoers. Hoping it'll be just as fun this year.

Thank you for your help and I look forward to attending the con.

KyraEnsui

Quote from: EllaMit24 on February 27, 2014, 12:20:43 AM
I suppose that makes sense as far as liability. However it still saddens me. I really did feel like being able to register 2 people in a group just flowed so much better. But I DO see what you're getting at. I also had trouble finding more information on the site... then again I am old and the new layout befuddles me lol. I will just have to find a time that works for him, or I'll just forget about the ticket I mean 55 bucks really isn't that much.

I am not sure I understand how having each and every individual person who pays for registration being there and present when picking up their badge shortens the line wait time however? With group registration it made it possible for only the group leader to be present to pick up the group's badges versus every single individual being present. This year each and ever single person who registers will have to be physically present to pick up their badge, which would naturally mean more bodies in the line. For example if a group of 3-4 friends want to attend together, in years prior the group leader would wait in line while some of the other group attendees handled the hotel setup. It saved a lot of time and saved space in line, but this year those same friends have expressed that they'll all be standing in the line at the same time Thursday morning together so they can get their badges at the same time. Which makes 3-4 bodies in the line instead of only 1.

I haven't attended the con in probably 3 years so I'm still lost to the changes. But I am hoping they all work for out for all the congoers. Hoping it'll be just as fun this year.

Thank you for your help and I look forward to attending the con.

There's no absolute solution for making the line any smaller or faster as long there is a huge demand for attending it. Look at Comic Con or Anime Expo. I've waited a good two hours in line at AX and that was only on Day 0. It's nice that most cons I've attended has Day 0 to pick up the badge only and able to lessen most of the lines.

It shouldn't be stressful as is. 

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: EllaMit24 on February 27, 2014, 12:20:43 AM
I really did feel like being able to register 2 people in a group just flowed so much better.

I'm not privy to what goes on behind the desk but I really don't think it did, hence them rolling out a 5-group minimum. My friend and I waited in line together last year; I had my badge to pick up, she had hers and her husbands. For whatever reason, it took about ten extra minutes for hers to be ready. I know that's only one incident but it might be why everyone being present is supposed to go faster.