Unofficial Lolita Gathering 2014

Started by Lizchan33, February 12, 2014, 03:49:19 PM

Lizchan33

EDIT: Looks like I'm too late again to be listed in the gathering list. This will be unofficial then.

Hey there everyone!
With the delays last year and not being in the gathering list I'm making an effort this year to post early and be involved!
I will be posting this in other locations as well but I'd like some input on possible changes to the gathering.
Please post here if you have comments or concerns and look out for new posts on other boards or forums posted by me, Claudia Ethos or Lizchan33!

Day:Saturday May 24th 2014
Time: 2:00pm - 3:30pm
MP: offsite location - Monopoly Park
L: Offsite - Monopoly Park

Who:
Anyone that would like to attend may, as long as they dress elegantly (lolita, kodona, etc) and are polite! (Includes cosplays similar to kuroshitsuji and the like)

UPDATE
*We are officially NOT supplying food... but you can bring your own to munch on (wink wink)

List of those going!
Claudia Ethos (Lizchan33) *host

SkylerKarashi

My girlfriend is doing a lolita maid dress verison of cloud strife (final fantasy) with me in a tux like outfit as zack fair (also final fantasy.) Would they count?
My Cosplay For Fanime 2024:
Thursday: Closet Kaminari/Yuri (BNHA/Yuri On Ice)
Friday: Goth (Boyfriends)
Saturday: Red (Pokemon & Smash Bros)
Sunday: Casual Kaminari (BNHA)
Monday: Goth (Boyfriends)

halfyoumu

Maybe some useful info for con-goers dressing in lolita or other fancy wear for fanime 2014:
Um so there's this really cute tea party place in downtown San Jose, not too far from the con called Satori Tea Company (http://www.yelp.com/biz/satori-tea-company-san-jose) and I've been there the decor is super pretty and they have great scones and SO MANY tea choices!

So if any lolitas wanted to get together and have a tea party, its a perfect place! It is kinda small, so I would maybe get a reservation if that is possible but they should be able to accommodate a medium sized group what with the outdoor space too. It is kinda hard to find? its by Peggy Sue's and the entrance is IN the parking lot??

I know this wouldn't work for the gathering but its just an idea for a place to have an elegant tea party like maybe after the gathering??. idk if I'm helping sorry.
☆ Maybe I was born so that I would meet you ☆

Lizchan33

Quote from: halfyoumu on April 02, 2014, 10:55:22 AM
Maybe some useful info for con-goers dressing in lolita or other fancy wear for fanime 2014:
Um so there's this really cute tea party place in downtown San Jose, not too far from the con called Satori Tea Company (http://www.yelp.com/biz/satori-tea-company-san-jose) and I've been there the decor is super pretty and they have great scones and SO MANY tea choices!

So if any lolitas wanted to get together and have a tea party, its a perfect place! It is kinda small, so I would maybe get a reservation if that is possible but they should be able to accommodate a medium sized group what with the outdoor space too. It is kinda hard to find? its by Peggy Sue's and the entrance is IN the parking lot??

I know this wouldn't work for the gathering but its just an idea for a place to have an elegant tea party like maybe after the gathering??. idk if I'm helping sorry.
Thanks for the insight! I'm not from San Jose so I don't know everything in the area.
For the main gathering it doesn't sound like much is going on the forums on this so I'm going to go off of what the other lolitas in the facebook groups wanted.

We are looking at Saturday afternoon, 1pm :)