Badge Designs?

Started by naisukachi, February 13, 2014, 12:10:00 AM

naisukachi

I noticed my previous Fanime years that some people had really nice designs badges. I thought it was a special thing with preordering, but I preordered last year and got just a regular 4 day con badge, the same one everyone else buying at the con.

I'm just curious, how do these people get the special badges? Sorry if its a dumb question!!

Kyra_Maverick

Did you pre reg or early reg last year? Only those who pre reg got the laminated badges.

Hachimitsu

my question i also want to ask is if it's possible to "REQUEST" an art that you like!..

the lady on the umbrella reallly looked amazing but when I pick up a badge.. i got something...less than the special image i liike O_O! (wtf a cat? / rabbit? / Dog? / insert bizarre animal.
am I the only strange person collecting an item that no one seem to care of?

Tsu

Sadly, no. Every year Fanime develops a series of images that go with the theme, and they put those on prereg badges. Theoretically if they keep doing what they did last year of having blank badges with labels affixed, you could request a specific badge, but I doubt they'd allow it. Imagine if they did and everyone wanted the hot girl and hot guy badges. They couldn't make people happy and folks would be disgruntled.

Anyway, just enjoy the randomness. Me and my friends have all had years where we love our badges and years where we don't.... but ultimately, as a memento, they'll probably become fonder to ya anyway.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

Barnes

Indeed, I once asked a staffer or con chair (I can't remember) about having choices of images for badges.

He told me "join Staff." XD
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Anix

Quote from: Barnes on February 13, 2014, 09:45:04 PM
Indeed, I once asked a staffer or con chair (I can't remember) about having choices of images for badges.

He told me "join Staff." XD

That is one of the benefits of joining staff is the customized art. Can you imagine the time it would take if they had to do it for 25k instead of a single k though.
We are a little mad here.
The question is are you going to use your powers for good or for awesome

naisukachi

mmm, so i just purchased my tickets, that means I'll get a nifty badge, right, I just don't get to pick?
Not the regular two-toned ones that people buying at the con would get?

Admiral Donuts

In 2010 and 2012 they had personalized badges, last year they had fancy badges but stickers... So who knows what this year will be.