[2014] Mekakucity Actors/Kagerou Project Gathering

Started by a-yano, February 24, 2014, 10:58:38 PM

a-yano

Hey, everyone! :)

With the arrival of Mekakucity Actors, I'm looking forward to seeing many Kagepro cosplayers this year, so my friends and I thought that it'd be a great idea if we could have a gathering at Fanime. It seems as if I'm in charge of managing the gathering on the forums, so please offer your suggestions/preferences for a specific day, time, and location, and I will take them into consideration when submitting a gathering request. (Even though I checked, I'm hoping that nobody's posted a thread for this already. But if so, please notify me so I can request to take this thread down!)

~ Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed. ~

GATHERING DETAILS (FINALIZED)
Day: Sunday
Time: 2:00-2:30PM
Meeting Place: G4 (The Hub/Riser Stages)

LIST OF ATTENDING
Mekakushi Dan
Ayano Tateyama -- a-yano, angiekurashiki, h2oaru, AdriaticCosplay, ayano-tateyamas
Tsubomi Kido -- Kiba, kurohah, faildogg
Seto Kousuke -- AstroDuckling, Arianna, hazuza, faildogg's friend
Shuuya Kano -- Kris10chan
Mary Kozakura -- hakurei, Arianna's friend, gollydoka
Momo Kisaragi -- otsukimirecital
Ene -- neetpride, blakeeon
Shintaro Kisaragi -- h2oaru's friend, neetpride's friend
Hibiya Amamiya --
Konoha -- meilinnobaka

Non-Mekakushi
Takane Enomoto -- InsaneChan
Haruka Kokonose --
Hiyori Asahina --
Ayaka Tateyama --
Kenjirou Tateyama --
Kuroha -- NyaaNeko
Azami --
Shion --
Tsukihiko --

PHOTOGRAPHY ORDER

• Group Photo
  • Mekakushi Dan
  • Pairings/Sub-Groups
  • Requests

*EXTRA INFORMATION*

• If you want to add a non-forum friend to this list, please provide their Fan Name, nickname, etc. in your post.
  • We highly encourage that you advertise this gathering to friends who are also interested in attending and on other social networking sites such as Tumblr, Twitter, and Facebook!
  • To make it easier for us to track photos, prospective attendants, and additional information, please use "#kagefanime" when tagging your posts related to this gathering.
  • If you'd like to assist with this gathering or have any questions, feel free to PM me here or shoot me an ask on my tumblr.

angiekurashiki

suuuper happy to see this thread up! :^) i'll be sure to reblog this on tumblr too, ahaha.

please put me down for ayano tateyama, and i'll be sure to edit this post with available times, considering i'm also attending the fe13 gathering, aha.
tumblr @ yournamewasangie
twitter @ oceanblogging
fanime '14: ayano tateyama, noire (fe13), minako arisato (p3), chiaki nanami.

a-yano

Hmm... I might just set the date for this gathering to Sunday, I guess. MAN, WE REALLY NEED MORE PEOPLE...

hakurei

wowow just saw this! As long as the gathering isn't Saturday (hosting 2 gatherings.. lol..) or Sunday morning I can come as Ayano or Mary! IDK if I have time to make a new costume before Fanime or else I would come as Azami because no one cosplays her... u_u Also is there a tumblr post for the gathering yet? I can reblog it to help advertise!
tumblr | facebook
kiryuuin satsuki / wadanohara

a-yano

Quote from: hakurei on March 08, 2014, 02:30:10 PM
wowow just saw this! As long as the gathering isn't Saturday (hosting 2 gatherings.. lol..) or Sunday morning I can come as Ayano or Mary! IDK if I have time to make a new costume before Fanime or else I would come as Azami because no one cosplays her... u_u Also is there a tumblr post for the gathering yet? I can reblog it to help advertise!

!!! Thanks for the reply! Optimally, if nobody's against it, I'd like to have the gathering around Sunday afternoon (like 2 or 3-ish). Alsooo, the tumblr post is here, thank you so much! Good luck with your own gatherings, too! \o/

hakurei

yayy reblogged it!! Also thank you, good luck with yours too ;o; Let me know if you need any help!

Sunday afternoon sounds perfect for me! As for location suggestions, the outside of the con center is now all concrete and really cool looking so maybe out there? There's a woodsy area to the side too but I'm not sure if they demolished it or not. Hopefully not though!
tumblr | facebook

a-yano

Quote from: hakurei on March 08, 2014, 04:10:41 PM
yayy reblogged it!! Also thank you, good luck with yours too ;o; Let me know if you need any help!

Sunday afternoon sounds perfect for me! As for location suggestions, the outside of the con center is now all concrete and really cool looking so maybe out there? There's a woodsy area to the side too but I'm not sure if they demolished it or not. Hopefully not though!

Thank you so much for your help again! ;w;

That sounds like a good idea! To be honest, I'm not so familiar with the new layout of the convention center so I'll have to take a look at the most recent map. I'll take your word for it though! Also, just in case we don't establish a photoshoot location before the con, we can just have an easy-to-find meeting location and go somewhere else from there (depending on what's suggested) on the day of the gathering..

Ahh I totally forgot to ask earlier but would you like me to add you on the character list right now, (if you've decided on who to cosplay, that is)?

hakurei

Quote from: a-yano on March 10, 2014, 12:03:25 AM
Thank you so much for your help again! ;w;

That sounds like a good idea! To be honest, I'm not so familiar with the new layout of the convention center so I'll have to take a look at the most recent map. I'll take your word for it though! Also, just in case we don't establish a photoshoot location before the con, we can just have an easy-to-find meeting location and go somewhere else from there (depending on what's suggested) on the day of the gathering..

Ahh I totally forgot to ask earlier but would you like me to add you on the character list right now, (if you've decided on who to cosplay, that is)?

The map that's uploaded on the gathering submission post is actually outdated by a year orz. It's basically the same but the plaza at the front of the con center is open again and the construction area is now a big ballroom extension building. I'll be in the area next week and I'm taking some pics to show my own gathering people so I can link them here too! :> Also that would be a good idea! If you do decide to do that though, definitely post it on tumblr because I think most of the Kagepro people are on tumblr anyway and check the tag during cons, haha.

Put me down as Mary for now, please! If I have time to get Azami done I'll let you know~
tumblr | facebook

InsaneChan

Oh! I'm so happy there will be other Kagerou fans at Fanime :'D I'll be cosplaying as Headphone Actor version Ene/Takane. I was planning it for Sunday too so that works for me ^^

Also, because the anime premiers before Fanime, I was actually thinking about applying for a Kagerou panel. I was just unsure how popular it would be, since it's hard to say if the anime will be well-known to the general public by then. But if there's interest, I'd really like to give it a shot!
Love. Life. fANIME.

Kris10chan

2015 Planned Cosplays:

Asseylum (A.Z)
Dlanor (Umineko)
Hinata (Haikyuu!!)
akuma!Homura (PMMM)
Chaika (HnC)
Kotori (Love Live!)

a-yano

Quote from: hakurei on March 10, 2014, 12:27:29 AM
The map that's uploaded on the gathering submission post is actually outdated by a year orz. It's basically the same but the plaza at the front of the con center is open again and the construction area is now a big ballroom extension building. I'll be in the area next week and I'm taking some pics to show my own gathering people so I can link them here too! :> Also that would be a good idea! If you do decide to do that though, definitely post it on tumblr because I think most of the Kagepro people are on tumblr anyway and check the tag during cons, haha.

Put me down as Mary for now, please! If I have time to get Azami done I'll let you know~

OH OMg thanks for telling me that! So there aren't that many major changes it seems like...
!!! That would be great if you posted photos! Then, hopefully, we can at least get the meeting place settled.

Quote from: InsaneChan on March 10, 2014, 01:50:23 AM
Oh! I'm so happy there will be other Kagerou fans at Fanime :'D I'll be cosplaying as Headphone Actor version Ene/Takane. I was planning it for Sunday too so that works for me ^^

Also, because the anime premiers before Fanime, I was actually thinking about applying for a Kagerou panel. I was just unsure how popular it would be, since it's hard to say if the anime will be well-known to the general public by then. But if there's interest, I'd really like to give it a shot!

AAAAA AWESOME! By all means, I think you should definitely apply for one! At the moment, I'm guessing the main issue is getting these events publicized to as many Kagepro Fanime attendants as possible. Although, with time and the con approaching, I'm sure more of them will turn up anyway... AAhhh good luck! \o/

Quote from: Kris10chan on March 12, 2014, 08:17:47 AM
I'll be cosplaying as Shuuya Kano!

Thanks!! I'll add you to the list! :')

a-yano

Sorry for double-posting, but I added a few more names to the list!

hakurei

I..... forgot..... to take photos......... OMFG. OOPS ;_; I didn't realize until after we left San Jose too...

http://instagram.com/p/lHFII4OtuS/ here's a photo I shared with my gathering a few days ago that one of my friends took though...;;;;;;; I might be back in the area in two weeks so I can try to get pics then!! I'm sorry ahhhh ;_;
tumblr | facebook

a-yano

Quote from: hakurei on March 16, 2014, 10:48:09 PM
I..... forgot..... to take photos......... OMFG. OOPS ;_; I didn't realize until after we left San Jose too...

http://instagram.com/p/lHFII4OtuS/ here's a photo I shared with my gathering a few days ago that one of my friends took though...;;;;;;; I might be back in the area in two weeks so I can try to get pics then!! I'm sorry ahhhh ;_;

OH THAT'S ALRIGHT LOL You said the general convention layout was nearly the same, so it's fine! :) I already sent out the submission request to BSaphire with our top choices for dates, times, and locations... so for now we just wait for the gatherings+events schedule to update, right?

hakurei

LOL. ..... ... I feel bad though u_u I'll def try to get some shots soon-ish since I'll be back there but I know the front plaza has a lot of neat settings for Kagepro now. There's also a little wooded area to the side for Mary and if we ever get a Seto.

Yep!! She got back to me in a day or so, so I'm sure she'll put this up soon!
tumblr | facebook

a-yano

Quote from: hakurei on March 17, 2014, 09:26:24 PM
LOL. ..... ... I feel bad though u_u I'll def try to get some shots soon-ish since I'll be back there but I know the front plaza has a lot of neat settings for Kagepro now. There's also a little wooded area to the side for Mary and if we ever get a Seto.

Yep!! She got back to me in a day or so, so I'm sure she'll put this up soon!

It's alright! You don't have to if you don't want to ;n; That's really good to hear, though!

OOOH okay! :D

EDIT: BSaphire replies to the SR, right? :o She made changes to the gatherings schedule today and I sent my SR yesterday...

a-yano

So how long do I have to wait for BSaphire to get back to me on the SR PM? I sent it on the 16th and I've still yet to see the gathering to be updated on the list, or at least, hear some sort of reply from her... I'm a little worried if we won't get our preferred time slot, to be honest...

hakurei

ahh sorry didn't see your edit! She replies to them yep but maybe you should resend yours? I accidentally sent mine via email the first time because the icons underneath the user icon are really unclear. The letter icon sends to email and the chat bubble icon sends to PM. That might have been why she didn't see it.
tumblr | facebook

a-yano

Ah I'm pretty sure I sent it through PM, and I've sent the same message twice already, too. :( If I had incomplete information, would she have replied saying so?

hakurei

I think she would have yeah! I would give her another day or so to reply and then PM her again if she doesn't. I hope she replies soon u_u
tumblr | facebook