Official Swapmeet FAQ (Fans Ask Questions)

Started by Decantus, February 26, 2014, 10:49:20 AM

ash

Quote from: Decantus on May 02, 2014, 09:53:56 AM
Con Badge situation (Everyone)

Registration this year is more streamlined than ever.  The Registration team has put together a system that will cut reg down to 15-20 seconds per attendee.  But we are going a step further to make sure that you are going to be able to make it to swap meet check in.  If you get a space for Swap Meet, you are able to obtain a voucher from us that gives you access to the Priority Registration line that Artist Alley Vendors have.  You will need to come to Swap Meet Prior to getting your Con Badge, and I will give you this Voucher.

If I'm picking up my badge on Thursday, when and where can I get this voucher? For example, can I pick up my voucher at say 2:00pm or is there a set time that we can pick it up like 6:30 pm?

Thanks.

warbearer

I have a dumb question. When registering for swap meet, what is the minimum system or browser requirement? For example Safari, or Chrome versions.

PLUMPKIN

Any official word yet on when Swap Meet registration will take place?  I take it that it won't be tomorrow...

Christophe

If registration isn't tomorrow, there's only one Saturday left before the con itself and that happens to land on the Big Wow convention weekend; its the same venue as Fanime and has a decent amount of attendee crossover as a result.  I'll be willing to stay home until I make sure I get a swapmeet spot, but that's yet another burden on the local fans who likely want to participate in both.

With less than 2 weeks to go, there's precious few hours of free time left - people are trying to get their things together to take on their trips, to their hotel rooms etc.  Its at the point where the selection of the swapmeet goods will suffer because people won't have enough time between knowing they've got their spot and being able to round up the things they need to sell.

warbearer

I guess it is not up today...
You think it will be on the day of Big Wow Comic Fest?

They should open swap meet registration before Bigwow

Hachimitsu

This is starting to worry me a lot.
- So, we aren't getting a spot like last year due to curfew?
- Registration forms from swap meet administrator has been submitted but waiting on registration admin to respond back?
- very few Assistance on swap meet this year (heard from one of my friends)
- Swap meet is going to be held outside? (in the cold? wait... IS SWAPMEET in SOUTH HALL!?[so bringing a sweater])

@Decantus
Thank you for doing the best for registering swap-meet to the event. I really hope you are doing the best you can to get this through. I think I understand now how frustrating you must be feeling waiting from other staff members around you to recieve confirmation.

warbearer

Maybe the registration starts on the 13th. Just a hunch....

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on May 10, 2014, 03:04:51 AM
- Swap meet is going to be held outside? (in the cold? wait... IS SWAPMEET in SOUTH HALL!?[so bringing a sweater])

I think you misread Decantus' post:

Quote from: Decantus on May 02, 2014, 05:39:26 PM
I liked last years spot, but we can't get that one because reasons.  South Hall actually has a noise curfew of 10:30pm so we're not able to use it.

The one place Swap Meet won't be is South Hall, because South Hall has a curfew.

PacificPikachu

So... I guess it won't be up today? Darn, I was really hoping it would be. I work on Saturdays, but heard it would be up at noon on a Saturday so here I am on a work computer.

I'm relying on selling at Fanime's Swap Meet to help me save for a big Japan trip, so it's making me nervous that sign-ups haven't been posted. If I miss out on getting a spot, it's going to be a major issue for me. :(

Michi

I've had my swap meet goods sorted for a few months now, and the money I make will be going toward my honeymoon. :) I don't mind if registration is late as long as I can just register! Last year it was 10 days before the con, so it's looking like this year is even more last minute. :( Today would've been great but next Saturday I'll be at Anime Central and it'll be really difficult to get online and register! Oh well. I'll find a way. This will be my fourth swap meet in a row, I think. Wouldn't miss it! Not just for making money, I actually really enjoy the event and meeting people when they drop by my spot. :D
~ don't dream it, be it ~

Facebook / Twitter / Tumblr

Hachimitsu

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on May 10, 2014, 06:59:50 AM

I think you misread Decantus' post:

Quote from: Decantus on May 02, 2014, 05:39:26 PM
I liked last years spot, but we can't get that one because reasons.  South Hall actually has a noise curfew of 10:30pm so we're not able to use it.

The one place Swap Meet won't be is South Hall, because South Hall has a curfew.

sorry, i forgot about that post.. but thank you for the reminder Mr. donut...
so.. i found out artist show (gallery) has posted on twitter today and uhm.. that was kinda surprising O_O! because the registration on artist show supposedly during the convention days....

HOW did artist show got noticed and swap meet still puzzles me about..

ash

I wonder where decantus is its been a while hahaha that's last min cosplay for ya

warbearer

I hope it does not come up when I am on the plane

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: warbearer on May 12, 2014, 09:28:58 AM
I hope it does not come up when I am on the plane

Unfortunately it will most likely come up when I am on a plane.

ash

Just sign up from ur cell hahaha I mean come on what's more important the planes safty or signing up for swapmeet. The swapmeet. DUH! Hahahaha

Decantus

Good lord... I go away for a few days...

Okay!  So first off, I'm sorry for the delay in response.  Please forgive me.

Second, Registration will be going up this week one way or another.  The site is done, and just needs to be pushed to production.  I'm just pending a final OKAY so I can blast the date out on social media and have a 48 hour announcement period so people have equal opportunity to sign up.

Vouchers will be available only for people that have not picked up their badges.  The Vouchers will be handed out by me at the Swap Meet reg table which will be opening at 6:30 for Sellers.  This is probably more relevant for people that are going to be selling on Thursday since Badge reg isn't until later.

There have been people asking me about reg'ing with Panel or Industry Badges.  Please email me once the reg system is up so that I can make arrangements.  If you have an Industry badge, you can sell at Swap Meet so long as you don't qualify/sell in Dealer's Hall.

More to come soon.  I'm back so ask away.
Patrick Romani
Swapmeet Head

swapmeet <at> fanime dot com

Decantus

Quote from: kill3rsushi on May 06, 2014, 07:50:52 AM
I thought of another question. Since my friend and I were planning on selling in two separate spaces but plan on selling next to each other if possible and neither of us does this more than once a year, would it be possible to share the seller's permit we have to get? I don't know if they can get to a Board of Equalization office before the con, but I can, so if I put them down as my 2nd on my permit, would they be able to use their own spot?

Just fill out the Temporary Seller's Permit.  I don't think you will be selling enough to have to get a full Seller's Permit.

I have to say that you're probably NOT going to be next to your friend, sorry.
Patrick Romani
Swapmeet Head

Decantus

Quote from: warbearer on May 09, 2014, 09:50:28 AM
I have a dumb question. When registering for swap meet, what is the minimum system or browser requirement? For example Safari, or Chrome versions.

I think as long as you're not using Netscape you should be fine ^^
Patrick Romani
Swapmeet Head

Decantus

- Registration forms from swap meet administrator has been submitted but waiting on registration admin to respond back?
- very few Assistance on swap meet this year (heard from one of my friends)

@Decantus
Thank you for doing the best for registering swap-meet to the event. I really hope you are doing the best you can to get this through. I think I understand now how frustrating you must be feeling waiting from other staff members around you to recieve confirmation.

Okay fine.

We're in the Civic Center this year.

And don't worry about the size of my battalion, we'll have you covered.

Patrick Romani
Swapmeet Head

keitoghostie

Quote from: Decantus on May 12, 2014, 01:20:54 PM
We're in the Civic Center this year.

whoa, neat!
that sounds really promising, i'm excited!