Official Swapmeet FAQ (Fans Ask Questions)

Started by Decantus, February 26, 2014, 10:49:20 AM

Decantus

Quote from: dunpeal on May 14, 2014, 03:42:56 PM
Paying for our spots, is it going to be like last year where when we registered we payed online? Or like the year before when we payed as we checked in at the con?. Just asking so we know if we have to pay immediately on the spot.

Payment will be online again.
Patrick Romani
Swapmeet Head

swapmeet <at> fanime dot com

Michi

I'll be at a group dinner... Maybe we'll be wrapping up by then so it won't be too rude when I pull out my phone to register for swap meet.  :-X

Quote from: Kiara on May 14, 2014, 03:45:10 PM
Just Awesome.

I will be in the middle of nowhere with no cell reception on a camp-out Thursday-Sunday. 48 hours is nowhere near enough notice. I've done the swap meet for the last 3 years, the 48 hour announcement is ridiculous.

Maybe ask if a friend can sign up for you?
~ don't dream it, be it ~

Facebook / Twitter / Tumblr

warbearer

Looks like I will be able to register on time.

Oniko

Got my permit for AA, do I need one for Swap meet?  Worried I wont have enough time to get it.
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

Yaminogame

So swap meet is going to be 2 days this year? Thursday and friday? For thursday what time does it start...?

And I am confused. Are you saying we need a seller's permit this year? I never had one before for swap meet.

ash

Quote from: Yaminogame on May 14, 2014, 11:17:11 PM
So swap meet is going to be 2 days this year? Thursday and friday? For thursday what time does it start...?

And I am confused. Are you saying we need a seller's permit this year? I never had one before for swap meet.

As far as I can remember swapmeet has always been both days. On Thursday it starts at 6:30 for sellers.  And no you do not need to buy a permit to sell at swapmeet but youwill have to fill out a temperary sellers form like its always been.

Decantus

Quote from: Oniko on May 14, 2014, 07:46:38 PM
Got my permit for AA, do I need one for Swap meet?  Worried I wont have enough time to get it.

If you have a Seller's Permit for Artist Alley, that will apply for Swap Meet.

If you do not have a Seller's Permit, you can fill out the Occasional Seller's Permit that is provided during the reg process.
Patrick Romani
Swapmeet Head

Decantus

Quote from: Yaminogame on May 14, 2014, 11:17:11 PM

Swap Meet is Thursday and Friday, Seller's check in starts at 6:30pm, buyers are let in at 7:30pm.  At 8:30pm we will start assigning no shows to the wait list.  Reg closes at 9pm.

You don't need a Seller's Permit.  Having one is nice if you're in AA, because it applies to both.  The Occasional seller's permit is what you have filled out in the past, a link is provided during the reg process for you to fill out and bring with you.
Patrick Romani
Swapmeet Head

Oniko

Quote from: Decantus on May 15, 2014, 10:09:15 AM

If you do not have a Seller's Permit, you can fill out the Occasional Seller's Permit that is provided during the reg process.

I should have been more clear, I meant I have a temp sellers permit.  AA is one event.  Swap meet would be my second event.  (More than 2 events a year you need a full permit)  Can I sill just use my AA temp permit?
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

seerakosumosu

I think you can have Fanime count as one event instead of counting various events that occur during Fanime as different events.

Ruzuki

Swap Meet is ONLY Thurs and Fri? Im not even going to arrive in San Jose till 6:30 on Fri... Im going to have to rush to get there before 7:30, but if I take a cab from the hotel I probably can pull it off.....

This may have already been answered, but are we going to be required to actually have our badge to sell Friday? I dont know if Ill have time to get my badge if I have to get there quickly to not lose my spot...

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Ruzuki on May 15, 2014, 08:41:45 PM
Swap Meet is ONLY Thurs and Fri? Im not even going to arrive in San Jose till 6:30 on Fri... Im going to have to rush to get there before 7:30, but if I take a cab from the hotel I probably can pull it off.....

This may have already been answered, but are we going to be required to actually have our badge to sell Friday? I dont know if Ill have time to get my badge if I have to get there quickly to not lose my spot...

My understanding is the Thursday swap meet is non-badged, but Friday will require a badge.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Admiral Donuts

Decantus

To sell you have to be badged.  If you need special arrangements to be made, please email swapmeet at fanime dot com after getting into the reg site.
Patrick Romani
Swapmeet Head

Decantus

Quote from: Oniko on May 15, 2014, 01:09:13 PM
Quote from: Decantus on May 15, 2014, 10:09:15 AM

I should have been more clear, I meant I have a temp sellers permit.  AA is one event.  Swap meet would be my second event.  (More than 2 events a year you need a full permit)  Can I sill just use my AA temp permit?

If you're using the Occasional Seller's Permit for AA, you will need to fill out a second one for Swap Meet.
Patrick Romani
Swapmeet Head

Decantus

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on May 16, 2014, 01:30:00 PM
Is there a URL yet for the reg site?

It will be up and announced Today at 7pm.
Patrick Romani
Swapmeet Head

bsan89

Wait, so we can't bring our own dolly or cart to haul our stuff?
I have 4-6 boxes of stuff to sell. I can carry 3 at most if i stack up to my head...

Any suggestion if this is the case?

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: bsan89 on May 16, 2014, 03:35:03 PM
Wait, so we can't bring our own dolly or cart to haul our stuff?
I have 4-6 boxes of stuff to sell. I can carry 3 at most if i stack up to my head...

Any suggestion if this is the case?

Maybe talk to other sellers and find someone to help you out if you do the same for them?

Ruzuki

Quote from: Decantus on May 16, 2014, 02:06:41 PM

To sell you have to be badged.  If you need special arrangements to be made, please email swapmeet at fanime dot com after getting into the reg site.

Thanks, I will do that.

yoshikochan

Since swap meet won't be in the convention center, I'm worried about foot traffic.

For Friday, could you let anyone in (without badges) like you do on Thursday? That would also help if reg is anything...like...last...year.....