Official Swapmeet FAQ (Fans Ask Questions)

Started by Decantus, February 26, 2014, 10:49:20 AM

Swizzlstik Cosplay

I'm #779 and I got both nights. Also stuck at Step 5, but I'm also a staff member so I'm waiting not only for verification for moving on, but an e-mail oking me to keep going.

Now we play the waiting game.
The only thing constant in life is that life is constantly changing.

yoshikochan

Thanks Ben!

:'> I have to go to dinner now. Hoping to come back to a fixed reg site.

Decantus

Hello Everyone,

When entering your badge ID, please instead use your Confirmation number from the email that was sent to you by Badge Registration.

Sorry for the confusion.
Patrick Romani
Swapmeet Head

swapmeet <at> fanime dot com

Xeluu

Quote from: Decantus on May 16, 2014, 08:05:09 PM
Hello Everyone,

When entering your badge ID, please instead use your Confirmation number from the email that was sent to you by Badge Registration.

Sorry for the confusion.
You mean the number that starts with the letter A from the post-card e-mail, right? For group people is it all the same number? And what if you've already done that?
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

keitoghostie

If we're waiting for the panelist/staff/etc instructions, how long should we expect to wait for them?

PacificPikachu

Quote from: keitoghostie on May 16, 2014, 08:07:24 PM
If we're waiting for the panelist/staff/etc instructions, how long should we expect to wait for them?

Yes, I'd like to know this, too. I think my spots for both days are reserved (and I sure hope so), but I'd love to get it paid for and totally done as soon as possible!

time4chowder

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the confusion.

1. Does "In Process" mean we obtained a spot in Swap Meet?

2. Should we keep staring at our computer screen's for a confirmation email so we don't lose our spot?

3. What should the badge ID be if the seller is Press or Staff since they have no actual badge ID?

Thank you!

Black_Convoy

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the confusion.

I'm guessing this has nothing to do with advancing to step 6?

Shinsengumi

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the confusion.

The one with a letter and 7 numbers right?
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

time4chowder

Quote from: Shinsengumi on May 16, 2014, 08:27:25 PM
Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the confusion.

The one with a letter and 7 numbers right?

I presume yes because that's the only Confirmation Number on the entire email.

Anon

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the confusion.

Yep, did that, still waiting at step 5. Has anybody completed the process yet or has everybody already given up and gone to do other things on a Friday night?

BunofGovt

EDITED:  I got Thursday and not Friday, which I can live with. I think there was another link I was supposed to click on but I was trying to confirm a helper/seller so missed it.  Missed the link to pay (really anxious to get through the process my bad).  Logged out and just now logged back in to finish paying, glad that was still available!

Now the question is, someone asked a few pages back but I didn't see an answer, can we have someone (not a seller/helper) with us in line to help us get our stuff into the center?  Could they help me move my bins in line, and watch my stuff while I go back and forth taking my stuff to my spot?
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

kill3rsushi

Hey there, sorry to be an ass, but I'd like to formally complain about how this just went down. I was sitting there refreshing the forums and events page like an idiot only to find out second hand from a friend via text message that the link was posted somewhere (FACEBOOK???) and now I am waitlisted. I didn't even stand a chance of getting in because I wasn't looking in the right places.

I have been doing Swap Meet for years now, and it's basically how I finance the convention and one of the major highlights for me. The delay in posting information is forgivable since it can be out of the organizer's hands if there's other bureaucratic  crap that might be someone else's fault, but posting a public link on Facebook without updating the main website or forum community who cared enough to ask questions (SOME EVEN MONTHS IN ADVANCE) just seems downright wrong. Last year, communication from organizers was great and while signups went up waaaaaay later than they should have, it all worked out. This was not the case this year, and from what I am reading here now, it looks like being online at the right time on the right page might not even have been enough.

The worst part? I moved out of my parent's house this year, and instead of donating/ebay listing all my extra stuff, I bought a little storage unit thinking it would be worth it to store until Fanime came around. Now I am out the $130+ I spent on storing my stuff, and I won't be able to sell at all probably... all because nobody bothered to post something on the forum or official site about which link to use.

I'm beyond disappointed. I am livid. If swap meet doesn't pan out for me this will have to mark the end of my time going to Fanime con, and that's a damn shame after 8 years. This is an OK con, but at $75 for a ticket and the other investments involved (hotel, transportation, storage, food, time off from work, time in lines, etc) it's just not worth the trouble anymore as it's not as good as it used to be. Swap Meet was just about the last major draw for Fanime for me and now it's blown away.

Again, I hate to sound self centered and entitled in all this, but I feel uncontrolably upset. I just spent an hour refreshing the wrong pages while on a family vacation with nothing to show for it. I'd like some communication or reassurance about how this happened and why.

Anon

Quote from: kill3rsushi on May 16, 2014, 09:21:37 PM
Hey there, sorry to be an ass, but I'd like to formally complain about how this just went down. I was sitting there refreshing the forums and events page like an idiot only to find out second hand from a friend via text message that the link was posted somewhere (FACEBOOK???) and now I am waitlisted. I didn't even stand a chance of getting in because I wasn't looking in the right places.

I'd have to agree with this, the only reason I managed to get in on it just in time was because I decided to check twitter for a possible update. The first post of this thread was not updated, nor was the main Fanime site entry at http://www.fanime.com/events/#swap-meet

On a different note, I can say I completed the process for payment and got the links for the 2 forms we'll be needing.

PacificPikachu

Quote from: Anon on May 16, 2014, 09:29:40 PM

I'd have to agree with this, the only reason I managed to get in on it just in time was because I decided to check twitter for a possible update. The first post of this thread was not updated, nor was the main Fanime site entry at http://www.fanime.com/events/#swap-meet

On a different note, I can say I completed the process for payment and got the links for the 2 forms we'll be needing.

How did you manage to do that? Did you receive an e-mail, or refresh the page, or...?

Admiral Donuts

This is why I asked a few hours in advance what the URL was. It was posted on Facebook and Twitter a half-hour ahead of when it was posted here. the link should have gone out with the 48 hour notification.

Anon

Quote from: PacificPikachu on May 16, 2014, 09:33:48 PM
How did you manage to do that? Did you receive an e-mail, or refresh the page, or...?

yeah, left the page open and refreshed it. Didn't get any email or anything telling me I was clear for step 6 or anything

PacificPikachu

Quote from: Anon on May 16, 2014, 09:37:36 PM
Quote from: PacificPikachu on May 16, 2014, 09:33:48 PM

yeah, left the page open and refreshed it. Didn't get any email or anything telling me I was clear for step 6 or anything

Thanks! Still no luck here. Just gotta keep waiting and refreshing I suppose.

warbearer

Me neither. I am still stuck at step five. I just fix my confirmation number. I hope I still get space for the two days

svchan

I refreshed my page (which was still open) about 3 minutes ago when I saw Anon getting to step 6 (didn't get any notification saying that it was clear to go to step six) and was able to pay and complete the application.  My number was 732.