Official Swapmeet FAQ (Fans Ask Questions)

Started by Decantus, February 26, 2014, 10:49:20 AM

yoshikochan

Help! I'm now listed as Valid but my Seller 2 is not valid. It reads "Badge Information Does Not Match" but I've double checked with my friend and I'm sure it does.

Anon

correct email entered for the actual badge registration?

Vasyenka

I've never sold at a swap meet in California before, but I have some questions!

1) Since I am not selling anything handmade nor do I sell frequently, to clarify I am able to put EXEMPT on my Seller's Permit form, right?

2) The next step in regards to this says "However, you must also contact the Swap Meet staff, and submit California's BOE-410-D form to claim this status.". Does this mean I e-mail the BOE-410-D form to the Swap Meet staff? Are they the only ones I send this to, or am I supposed to send that form elsewhere as well?

I'm really sorry if these questions are simple, but as I've said I've never sold in California (I'm from New Mexico), so this is my first time for dealing with this sort~ ;w; Thank you so much in advance!
Fanimu 2022 Cosplay Lineup:
[Rutile] [Zhongli] [Sakuya Izayoi] [Tifa Lockhart] [Chain Chompette]

Anon

Quote from: Vasyenka on May 16, 2014, 10:03:57 PM
I've never sold at a swap meet in California before, but I have some questions!

1) Since I am not selling anything handmade nor do I sell frequently, to clarify I am able to put EXEMPT on my Seller's Permit form, right?

2) The next step in regards to this says "However, you must also contact the Swap Meet staff, and submit California's BOE-410-D form to claim this status.". Does this mean I e-mail the BOE-410-D form to the Swap Meet staff? Are they the only ones I send this to, or am I supposed to send that form elsewhere as well?

I'm really sorry if these questions are simple, but as I've said I've never sold in California (I'm from New Mexico), so this is my first time for dealing with this sort~ ;w; Thank you so much in advance!

1) yes
2) just fill it out and bring it with you, you'll turn it in during the check-in process

yoshikochan

Yes, positive. ~.~ At this point, I'd be fine with deleting seller 2 to make sure I can get my space, but I don't know if I can do that. That and she will be my seller 2, so...

Decantus

So at this point, if you are still not able to get past step 5, we will be manually approving.  Please sit tight and you should be notified when this has been done.
Patrick Romani
Swapmeet Head

swapmeet <at> fanime dot com

warbearer

Vasyenka

Quote from: Anon on May 16, 2014, 10:07:44 PM
1) yes
2) just fill it out and bring it with you, you'll turn it in during the check-in process

So I needn't submit anything else, just print it/fill it out and bring it to the con (I've already paid for my spot~)? My apologies, I just want to be extra sure!

KoruKinshi

I'm #740, and I still have yet to see any activity.  Stuck at step 5.  What's going on back there?  I don't want to lose my spots because of system difficulties...

yoshikochan

I have friends who told me they're done and paid. I'm not one of them. :(

Anon

Quote from: Vasyenka on May 16, 2014, 10:11:50 PM
So I needn't submit anything else, just print it/fill it out and bring it to the con (I've already paid for my spot~)? My apologies, I just want to be extra sure!

yes. You'll be turning in 2 forms during check-in: the BoE form and the Swap Meet Agreement form

Vasyenka

Quote from: Anon on May 16, 2014, 10:15:06 PM
yes. You'll be turning in 2 forms during check-in: the BoE form and the Swap Meet Agreement form
Awesome, thank you so much!

PacificPikachu

Quote from: Decantus on May 16, 2014, 10:11:11 PM
So at this point, if you are still not able to get past step 5, we will be manually approving.  Please sit tight and you should be notified when this has been done.

Thanks for the update! I'll be waiting for the notification.

Yaminogame

Thanks for that NONexisting 48 hour notice we were promised.I didnt know about the swap meet going up at 7pm and totally missed it. I really needed a spot...:(

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: Yaminogame on May 16, 2014, 10:20:35 PM
Thanks for that NONexisting 48 hour notice we were promised.I didnt know about the swap meet going up at 7pm and totally missed it. I really needed a spot...:(

It was posted in the thread and the OP was edited.

Edit: Also Facebook and Twitter. Granted, they should have put something on the actual website...

warbearer

yoshikochan

Finally registered!

Guys, try hitting "Refresh"

Rather than hitting refresh, I kept pressing "update badge info" then "return to step 5" and the status wasn't changing. I was afraid it was like Comic-con's system where refresh might screw you over. But finally I hit refresh and it worked.

... That or they finally got around to manually approving Step 5 and that was a total coincidence.

Ruzuki

Well, didnt get selected. Forgot till WAY too late. Oh well, next year I can plan better for it!

Yaminogame

It was said there was going to be a 48 hour warning. Not a 4 hour warning. I was checking the website not facebook

Yaminogame

Wait i see it now on facebook on may 14... it's still wasnt announced well at all! It's really not that fair...
:( I really needed swap meet to make money before my boyfriend comes from Japan to visit me. :( is there anyone who would share part of their space with me?