Assassin's Creed at Fanime 2014!

Started by SuperSchwiizer, February 26, 2014, 03:12:29 PM

SuperSchwiizer

Ready your blades, Assassins! It's time for the Brotherhood to gather at Fanime 2014! After attending a few other West Coast conventions, I have been seriously disappointed at the lack of Assassins I've seen wandering about. In an attempt to remedy that, I'll be running the Assassin's Creed Meetup and Photoshoot!

ATTN: Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Gathering Need-To-Know
Day: Saturday, May 24th
Time: 5pm
MP / Location: G2

Order of Photos
Group Photo- All together
By Game-
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed: Liberations
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
By Character
Altair
Ezio
Connor
Edward
Modern Assassins
Group Photo 2
Special Requests

Attendance List
Current Confirmed Attendance: 30
Estimated Attendance: 50

Assassin's Creed- SuperSchwiizer as Kadar Al-Sayf, demetria656 as Malik Al-Sayf, Gwydion as Malik Al-Sayf (+1 Altair)
Assassin's Creed II- thepharaohinleather as Ezio Auditore, K&K4ever as Noble Ezio
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood- luffy77 as Ezio Auditore
Assassin's Creed: Revelations-
Assassin's Creed III- DJXtremist as Connor Kenway
Assassin's Creed: Liberation-
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag- junkeemunky as Blackbeard, shuraiya as The Lady Black, tasukigirl as James Kidd / Mary Read
Modern Assassins-

Other Info
Cosplay.com Fanime Thread
Facebook Event
Fanime 2015
King!AU Altaïr
FIFA Switzerland
Switzerland
Mary Read
* = Pending

thepharaohinleather

Hoping to come as Ezio in his ACII outfit~ See you all there!
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

demetria656

Fanime 2014:
Ms.Fortune- Skullgirls
Ms.Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Noiz- DMMD
Red Robe- Journey
Beat- Jet Set Radio
Satsuki- Kill La Kill
Kida- Atlantis
Malik Al-Sayf- Assassin's Creed
Sasha & Eren- SNK

K&K4ever

I'll be going as young Ezio from the beginning of AC2
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

SuperSchwiizer

Looking forward to seeing you guys! And don't forget to spread the word; we're gathering the Brotherhood no matter what it takes!
Fanime 2015
King!AU Altaïr
FIFA Switzerland
Switzerland
Mary Read
* = Pending

Gwydion

Another Malik and his Altair for you. My friend is dragging me into this as I'm getting her to cosplay Nordic Hetalia with me. ^^

luffy77

I will be there as Ezio from Brotherhood as long as it is doesn't interfere with the One Piece gathering.

SuperSchwiizer

Oh boy, I'm so glad to know we'll have a good representation of ACI at this gathering! Sometimes the original gets overlooked, but that doesn't seem to be the case! The main post has also been updated, now with the attendance list sorted by game. c:
Fanime 2015
King!AU Altaïr
FIFA Switzerland
Switzerland
Mary Read
* = Pending

srsartistkat

Hello fellow Assassin's Creed fans!

My name is Kat and I'm a professional photographer. I love Assassin's Creed, and I'm coming to Fanime to do awesome photoshoots with cosplayers who are into the same stuff I love.

I don't have a schedule set yet, and don't know where I'll be and when, and don't know if I can make this specific meet-up - but if I can, I will!

But I'll be at the con Friday the 23rd until Monday the 26th, and in the Northern California area for the following week as well. I'm a big fan of Assassin's Creed, and so I'd love to take photos - especially if we can find some really good locations that are appropriate to the characters!

One possibility is two parks near the convention center (one near the Hilton, the other across the street from the Sainte Claire, in front of the Tech museum), another is some of the glass and metal hallways in the convention center itself, and then there's the Egyptian museum, which is 2 miles away from the convention center:
http://www.egyptianmuseum.org/rosicrucianpark

I think the last one would be particularly epic if we could get together a group of Assassin's Creed 1 cosplayers - but even Ezio or Desmond would fit in wonderfully there - and anybody else, well, we can just say they're all animus glitches  8)

If you want to see some of my work, you can check it out here. I'll be updating it soon with even more photos from last year's Fanime - including some taken at the Egyptian museum.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/96508358@N06/sets/

Anyway, I'll check back in this thread before the con of course, but if anyone wants to contact me, my email is [email protected].

Always excited to talk to fellow fans!

SuperSchwiizer

Thanks for the info, Kat! Hope you can make it to the meet-up!
Fanime 2015
King!AU Altaïr
FIFA Switzerland
Switzerland
Mary Read
* = Pending

SuperSchwiizer

UPDATE: We are now officially on the gatherings list and a location has been selected! The meetup will be indoors at G2 at 5pm on Saturday!
Fanime 2015
King!AU Altaïr
FIFA Switzerland
Switzerland
Mary Read
* = Pending

CielloRegalo

I do not have an AC cosplay but as a fan I will be there to take pictures and enjoy the show. I may request some poses or scenes if possible. In 2012 my friend was a Templar and stood up against all the assassins and it was a great scene. Then one by one each person assassinated someone until everyone was dead... then someone came and 'looted' all the bodies. This was the best thing ever and I wish I got it on film but I didn't :( It was all ad libbed! This year I will be prepared with camera so I am hoping some fun shenanigans will ensue after the traditional character and cast line up of photos.
I will have business cards ready as well so people can find the photos I post later. If you consider some requested poses I will love you forever and we'll get some great shots that everyone will have access to.

SuperSchwiizer

CielloRegalo- We're always open to requests after we've gotten the 'standard' groups out of the way! All the best shenanigans come from requests. :>
Fanime 2015
King!AU Altaïr
FIFA Switzerland
Switzerland
Mary Read
* = Pending

DJXtremist

I will be coming as connor from ACIII in the white with red coat
hope to see you all there!!!

SuperSchwiizer

Glad to hear we're getting a good variety of characters! And this thread is not dead; I've just been a little busy as of late c:
Fanime 2015
King!AU Altaïr
FIFA Switzerland
Switzerland
Mary Read
* = Pending

junkeemunky

I'm being (happily) dragged to Fanime and hopefully the AC gathering. If I'm able to make it, I'll be Blackbeard. My girlfriend (username "shuraiya") will likely be Lady Black. I'll update later if we change our minds.

SuperSchwiizer

Excellent! I'm so excited that we're gathering characters from across the games.
Fanime 2015
King!AU Altaïr
FIFA Switzerland
Switzerland
Mary Read
* = Pending

tasukigirl

I'll be there!  Put me down as James Kidd/Mary Read!

luffy77

Well I see nothing posted about a One Piece gathering yet and I am already going to the Shonen Jump gathering so I will be there for sure.

Sounds good Kat, can't wait to pose with a bunch of other assassins.

SuperSchwiizer

Glad to hear it luffy77! We are now t-minus one month from the con; who else is excited?!
Fanime 2015
King!AU Altaïr
FIFA Switzerland
Switzerland
Mary Read
* = Pending