Badge Refund?

Started by EllaMit24, February 26, 2014, 03:53:07 PM

sjamison1427

Quote from: Kuudere on March 02, 2014, 10:11:36 PM
And if there were a way to abuse the system, usually it's not something that people flash around everywhere because then the loophole would be closed because it would be brought to the attention of those in charge.
Well then that is just why there was no harm in the previous poster's suggestion because it has brought the subject to the present attention of the Fanime staff who will now be better prepared to handle any attempted fraudulent claims. They know now to closely monitor all of the chargebacks being made which makes attempting to "pull one over" on the convention next-to-impossible to pull off.

Because, like you said, if it was brought to staff attention they would seek to stamp it out before it became an issue. Which they are currently doing.

In summary, everyone in this thread agrees that it would be a very foolish and time-consuming error to try and attempt this suggestion as a "loophole".   :)

- Scott
Fanime 2014 Cosplays
========================
Watson - Sherlock Holmes
Ichigo  - Bleach
Zorro [lost a bet!]

Kuudere

Quote from: sjamison1427 on March 02, 2014, 10:24:56 PM
And if there were a way to abuse the system, usually it's not something that people flash around everywhere because then the loophole would be closed because it would be brought to the attention of those in charge.
Well then that is just why there was no harm in the previous poster's suggestion because it has brought the subject to the present attention of the Fanime staff who will now be better prepared to handle any attempted fraudulent claims. They know now to closely monitor all of the chargebacks being made which makes attempting to "pull one over" on the convention next-to-impossible to pull off.

Because, like you said, if it was brought to staff attention they would seek to stamp it out before it became an issue. Which they are currently doing.

In summary, everyone in this thread agrees that it would be a very foolish and time-consuming error to try and attempt this suggestion as a "loophole".   :)

- Scott

Oh I agree that it's a good thing that the risk is being assessed. I just think that the Fanime staff have much better things to be doing with their time than sifting through every single charge back that they could possibly be faced with just to dispute it and fix it. So I really hope that it won't be an issue they have to spend time dealing with!

Yep, I think we're in agreement with it being a poor choice to reverse charges in certain situations. :)

thepsynergist

Quote from: Kuudere on March 02, 2014, 10:32:46 PM
Quote from: sjamison1427 on March 02, 2014, 10:24:56 PM

- Scott

Oh I agree that it's a good thing that the risk is being assessed. I just think that the Fanime staff have much better things to be doing with their time than sifting through every single charge back that they could possibly be faced with just to dispute it and fix it. So I really hope that it won't be an issue they have to spend time dealing with!

Yep, I think we're in agreement with it being a poor choice to reverse charges in certain situations. :)
That time could be better spent getting the website up, and revealing some semblance of a schedule.

sjamison1427

I was under the impression that the website was already up, the only things missing are misc registrations. Time could be better spent? Of course it could be! But let us just be realistic here for a moment. How many people do you really think are going to try and use this as a loophole? They would have to either know about the option prior to the forums, which in that case the forum post means absolutely nothing, OR they would have to come here and read through everything, see everyone stating that it won't work and is a waste of time and then foolishly try to attempt it anyway.

Now even if a handful of people are dumb enough to do that most banks as I stated a few posts back will not allow false refunds. I imagine most of those claims would be stopped at a bank level first before they reached Fanime Staff. Essentially it shouldn't be too difficult for a staff of Fanime's quantity to handle. I would also give more credit to Fanime con-goers, the majority of them would not want to do anything to harm or scam the convention they've been attending for years and risk the resulting consequences.

- Scott
Fanime 2014 Cosplays
========================
Watson - Sherlock Holmes
Ichigo  - Bleach
Zorro [lost a bet!]

KyraEnsui

Quote from: kyunaHARU on March 02, 2014, 11:18:00 AM
kyraensui: i posted this earlier but yeh they only added that link to the t and c sometime yesterday probably cause of complaints. i even have a screenshot from a week ago for when i was saving all my fanime information. the only thing in the t and c was the no refunds policy there was no link to the forums with the rules. you DID get rules in your email but in order to get that email you have to pay first. i can understand why ppl were upset for sure.

Actually, I didn't paid for my badge until last week, but the week before last week, I just registered without paying. I did a group reg so I'm guessing it's different for paying individually.

Kuudere

Quote from: sjamison1427 on March 03, 2014, 08:21:17 AM
I was under the impression that the website was already up, the only things missing are misc registrations.

Ignoring the other parts of your post (because I think I've already pretty much exhausted my argument, people can take it or leave it as they wish), the website is far from up. It's currently just a placeholder for hotel and badge registration at this point, so people are justifiably worried/upset. But I'll leave my opinions on that matter out of here to avoid derailing this topic.

sjamison1427

I don't understand why people would be either worried or upset. They have the ability to register, obtain a hotel, and participate on the Fanime forums for additional information which is being updated daily. There is also a Facebook link and a Twitter link where updates are being posted. The rest of the site should come together smoothly, as far as I know there have never been any issues with putting it together in the 20 years that Fanime has been running.

I have faith in the reliable and professional Fanime staff to take care of any and all minor issues that arise. They've done a fantastic job for 20 years and this year will be no different. There really is no need to discuss it, the staff moderator Ewu has already posted that they will be monitoring chargebacks. If it turns into a larger issue they are more than capable of either deleting the posts made by kyunaHARU or they can also lock any threads that become problematic. Personally I am hoping they lock this thread to prevent further issues because the main question in this topic, the issue of badge refunds, has already been settled, there are no refunds. Apologies to EllaMit24 for the derailment of your initial question.

- Scott
Fanime 2014 Cosplays
========================
Watson - Sherlock Holmes
Ichigo  - Bleach
Zorro [lost a bet!]