Website suggestion

Started by Kuudere, March 03, 2014, 10:29:33 AM

Kuudere

I just realized that there is actually no way to find the forums for Fanime attendees (other than brief mentions of specific threads on Facebook and maybe google search). Would it be possible to add a link to the forums on the fanime.com placeholder page? I know it'll be on the full website itself, but since we don't have an estimated date on its release, it'd be nice to at least have some form of direction for people who want to talk about Fanime with other attendees. I think it could also be beneficial to make a link to it on the social media's static pages ("about" page) so that people can find it.

Let's get some new people in here and remind the older ones where to find us!

SquishyK

I was also just about to suggest this. Many departments are already posting event tryouts/registration on the forum. This seems rather unfair to new attendees that might be interested in joining these events but wouldn't know to look here for information.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

Purelovely

Can someone just please put the website up? It's frustrating.  :-\

It's also true that new attendees won't think to google "Fanime Forums" to find this information here.
Fanime Con 2018 Cosplay:
Fri: No cosplay
Sat: ??
Sun: No cosplay
Mon: No cosplay because I'm going to Disneyland!

SquishyK

Please post a link to the Fanime Forums on the website home page (only page). This was mentioned on the suggestion board but I really think it bears repeating.

Many departments are already posting event tryouts/registration on the forum. This seems rather unfair to new attendees that might be interested in joining these events but wouldn't know to look here for information.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

Admiral Donuts

There really should be a top-level site that's up year round with links to the forums, location, etc...

ewu

Quote from: pitin on March 05, 2014, 02:09:52 PM
Please post a link to the Fanime Forums on the website home page (only page). This was mentioned on the suggestion board but I really think it bears repeating.

Many departments are already posting event tryouts/registration on the forum. This seems rather unfair to new attendees that might be interested in joining these events but wouldn't know to look here for information.

I have directed this to our webteam already, but I expect that they are quite busy getting the main page prepared and launched.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Eric
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

pantsu

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on March 05, 2014, 02:46:01 PM
There really should be a top-level site that's up year round with links to the forums, location, etc...

This.  There is no reason for a splash page not to be up year-round with pertinent links to the facebook, forums, etc.

ewu, can you light a fire under the webteam's collective butt??  because we're less than 100 days out from the con and having NO WEBSITE at this late in the game is really inexcusable for a con of Fanime's size.
2018 lineup:
Fri - Miss Frizzle
Sat - Oren Pierre Alfonso (KR Gaim)
Sun - General Leia (SW: TFA)
Mon - Samwell jersey (OMG Check Please!)

ewu

Quote from: pantsu on March 06, 2014, 01:12:05 AM
ewu, can you light a fire under the webteam's collective butt??

I will pass on the message.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Admiral Donuts

Maybe you could pass it onto the Clockwork Alchemy web team, those guys seem like they're on the ball.  :|

ewu

I have been informed that this functionality has been added.

Thanks,
Eric
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Kuudere

Quote from: ewu on March 09, 2014, 12:02:06 AM

Thanks,
Eric

Thanks! I'm glad to see that some other links are up there, too! I hope for next year they leave these up, because I know questions like "how do I apply for staff" are frequently asked (and I know there's never enough staff, so it's important to make it easy to apply).

M

Quote from: Kuudere on March 09, 2014, 12:35:26 AM
Quote from: ewu on March 09, 2014, 12:02:06 AM

Thanks,
Eric

Thanks! I'm glad to see that some other links are up there, too! I hope for next year they leave these up, because I know questions like "how do I apply for staff" are frequently asked (and I know there's never enough staff, so it's important to make it easy to apply).
For next year, the current plan is to just transition onto next year's theme without a silly one-page landing page.

(Also, as the Webteam's manager, I assure you that the fire under our butts are just keeping us warm. ;))
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Harlock012

So as I am sure you guys have gotten constant emails about the website but I am curious what time frame are we looking at for the website? I understand there is usually some odd tech issue, not to mention this being the 20th year I am sure you guys are wanting to do it big. I just want to know because I have a lot of people including myself that is a bit frustrated by it all. Mind you this is my fourth year coming so I know this isn't a common thing for it to be so late. If this is taking awhile for the site to be ready for public viewing. Maybe someone can create a document with the lists of events and such things happening this year. I would even be down to help with that. Let us know what you need! this is by fans for fans and I am sure if you honestly put a all call for help for a specific project a few will gladly help.

megamanjoe415

Hello and good day,

So this is an idea I had. Why not use one of the old websites as a template temporarily until the official website is up. This shouldn't be that hard to make another site or use an older site. For example: 2010.fanime.com2011.fanime.com2012.fanime.com and 2013.fanime.com are still up and running as the previous fanimes are already over.

People want to know whats up!!!

Rewrite a little coding, change the skin/background/layout and add some info for us fans to be updated.

Anime_Files

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: megamanjoe415 on March 30, 2014, 11:38:28 AM
2010.fanime.com,  2011.fanime.com2012.fanime.com and 2013.fanime.com are still up and running as the previous fanimes are already over.

What? Where?

megamanjoe415

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on March 30, 2014, 11:42:50 AM
2010.fanime.com,  2011.fanime.com2012.fanime.com and 2013.fanime.com are still up and running as the previous fanimes are already over.

What? Where?

Type it in the browser.
Also 2010.fanime.com was an error, that doesnt exist anymore.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: megamanjoe415 on March 30, 2014, 01:51:27 PM
Quote from: Admiral Donuts on March 30, 2014, 11:42:50 AM

What? Where?

Type it in the browser.
Also 2010.fanime.com was an error, that doesnt exist anymore.

Figures, that was the one I was trying :P

CatToy

Are you guys ever going to get around to putting a schedule on the website?

echoshadow

Quote from: CatToy on May 16, 2014, 04:41:53 PM
Are you guys ever going to get around to putting a schedule on the website?
In Fanime schedule tradition (this will make the 4th consistent year)They will, on the 20th some time after 7:00pm. Heaven forbid they put it over the weekend or Monday. A full day before day zero is plenty of time for attendees to plan out their weekend. /sarcasm. 
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

CatToy

About the Maps section.

Why is the DoubleTree map on the top?

This is the Fanime website, if we were interested in the layout for CA, wouldn't we be on their website?