Has your waitlist for hotel been accepted yet?

Started by Purelovely, March 05, 2014, 07:44:28 AM

Purelovely

I know it's probably early but has anyone gotten their waitlist hotel approved yet?

I'm looking for a glimmer of hope that mine will be soon. ^^;
Fanime Con 2018 Cosplay:
Fri: No cosplay
Sat: ??
Sun: No cosplay
Mon: No cosplay because I'm going to Disneyland!

davidnguyen408

Mine did  ;D! Well for Thursday because I got lucky and booked the Fairmont from Friday - Monday after the site calm down. Then right after I called housing to put me on waiting list for Thursday May 22 and a week later I got it  ;D.

Purelovely

Quote from: davidnguyen408 on March 05, 2014, 08:31:28 AM
Mine did  ;D! Well for Thursday because I got lucky and booked the Fairmont from Friday - Monday after the site calm down. Then right after I called housing to put me on waiting list for Thursday May 22 and a week later I got it  ;D.

Lucky! That's awesome. We have a few days at the Fairmont but I'm really wanting the Marriott since we've been there every year since 2004. Hope you have a great time at Fanime 2014.  :D
Fanime Con 2018 Cosplay:

davidnguyen408

Fairmont is so nice and the room is big too.

Here's the photos of what the room look like.

Purelovely

Quote from: davidnguyen408 on March 05, 2014, 08:52:31 AM
Fairmont is so nice and the room is big too.

Here's the photos of what the room look like.

That is a pretty nice room. We'll stay at the Fairmont if we can't get our waitlist approved. It's just easier and safer for me at the Marriott because if my partner goes to sleep I can just go down to the con myself. I don't particularly feel safe walking the distance from the Fairmont to the hotel at night by myself but that's just me.
Fanime Con 2018 Cosplay:

Barnes

Yep, I got into the Ramada room that I asked for :)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Purelovely

Quote from: Barnes on March 05, 2014, 10:56:20 AM
Yep, I got into the Ramada room that I asked for :)

That's great. I'm trying to be optimistic for our waitlist. Hope you have a great Fanime Con 2014!
Fanime Con 2018 Cosplay:

heeroyuy135

I got my Thursday room at the Marriott, so now I have a full Thurs-Mon room

Konekogami

Still waiting ;_; .. I currently have Friday-Tuesday at the Saint Claire, and I'm on the waitlist for the Fairmont. 

Come on guys! The Saint Claire is closer!  Trade with me! *slapped* uu.. *keeps her fingers crossed*

Purelovely

Quote from: Konekogami on March 07, 2014, 10:12:11 AM
Still waiting ;_; .. I currently have Friday-Tuesday at the Saint Claire, and I'm on the waitlist for the Fairmont. 

Come on guys! The Saint Claire is closer!  Trade with me! *slapped* uu.. *keeps her fingers crossed*

If my Marriott waitlist goes through I hope you get the Fairmont which is what I currently have.
Fanime Con 2018 Cosplay:

Konekogami

Quote from: Purelovely on March 07, 2014, 10:22:30 AM

If my Marriott waitlist goes through I hope you get the Fairmont which is what I currently have.

Good luck to both of us then.   I come to Fanime from Colorado, and staying at the Fairmont is actually kind of part of my experience/Fanime tradition.

Purelovely

Quote from: Konekogami on March 07, 2014, 11:09:44 PM
Quote from: Purelovely on March 07, 2014, 10:22:30 AM

Good luck to both of us then.   I come to Fanime from Colorado, and staying at the Fairmont is actually kind of part of my experience/Fanime tradition.

I totally understand I'm coming from Indiana and ever since 2004 it's been our hotel to be at. We've had times where it's just a couple days on the waitlist and we get it but this time it's the whole trip we're waiting for. I'll be there from Thursday to Wednesday. It would be fine no matter I guess but it's been a tradition for so long.  ::keeps being hopeful::
Fanime Con 2018 Cosplay:

xxdaveyxx

I have a couple of questions about the housing ._.
How do we get on the waitlist for the hotel rooms?
When we email housing at "[email protected]" what should go in the email? What should I say?
Is it better to call or to email?
This is my first time having to sign up for the waitlist, and I'm really confused.
Please help ;c

Purelovely

Quote from: xxdaveyxx on March 10, 2014, 09:35:15 AM
I have a couple of questions about the housing ._.
How do we get on the waitlist for the hotel rooms?
When we email housing at "[email protected]" what should go in the email? What should I say?
Is it better to call or to email?
This is my first time having to sign up for the waitlist, and I'm really confused.
Please help ;c

The best way is to call CMR Housing. The number is:
(800) 924-4232
(415) 979-2282

I've heard that you need to have a hotel already to get on the waitlist though. Example: I am at the Fairmont but I want the Marriott so I am waitlisted for that hotel.
Fanime Con 2018 Cosplay:

SweetNiar

wow, if they just hurry and give me my Hilton room you can have what i currently have at the Fairmont! XD  I got someone coming with me thats in a wheel chair and those light rail tracks plus the street/curb transitions are terrible to go over, especially with tons of people waiting at the corner doesnt help ^^.

sjamison1427

I haven't received notification yet for mine. Then again, I wasn't able to call to be placed on the waiting list until much later in the day as I was stuck at work.
Fanime 2014 Cosplays
========================
Watson - Sherlock Holmes
Ichigo  - Bleach
Zorro [lost a bet!]

Atikal

Me and my friends are still waiting and are starting to freak out. We have a room for Saturday to Monday, but we really need Thursday and Friday as well.  :'(

Purelovely

Quote from: Atikal on March 24, 2014, 02:51:13 PM
Me and my friends are still waiting and are starting to freak out. We have a room for Saturday to Monday, but we really need Thursday and Friday as well.  :'(

I'm wanting a completely different hotel and I need Thursday through Wednesday.
I hope you get the dates you need soon.
Fanime Con 2018 Cosplay:

Admiral Donuts

When's the last day to cancel? Rooms should start opening up then.

Purelovely

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on March 24, 2014, 06:29:04 PM
When's the last day to cancel? Rooms should start opening up then.

I know that the Fairmont (hotel that I currently have but I want the Marriott) has a cancellation date of April 25th. I don't think many people are going to cancel their reservations though. The people that took multiple rooms might.
Fanime Con 2018 Cosplay: