Korean Running Man idea

Started by egrrr, March 06, 2014, 08:14:14 PM

egrrr

Quote from: Motoko on April 24, 2014, 12:15:03 AM
I'm sure it'll be fine since egrrr is doing his/her best to get it set up.
It's why I was wondering myself on it.

I'm curious though....are shirts or something with name tags going to be required?
Otherwise the name tag ripping event may not be a viable option if not everyone is properly 'equipped' so to speak.
Just asking out of curiosity.

I hope to have the games finalized this weekend, I have some free time and I'll be dedicating it to complete the games we can play during FANIME.  I'm a dude Motoko, but i have a small group of people helping me plan out the games.  As far as the shirts or nametags I won't be providing either.  I bought my tags from this website - http://shopbeefcake.myshopify.com/  I put my order last month and I received it in two weeks, they are shipping from Singapore so if you're thinking of ordering I suggest do it now.

There are some Youtube DIY videos on how to make your own, if you wanna go for it.  The tags will be required to do the last game.  One of the reasons I don't provide them is because I don't know the amount of people that are going to attend and those that will participate, plus I don't know the size people are and the names they'll want.

Quote from: TsukiYuu on April 23, 2014, 10:43:01 PM
Well Fanime is in around 30 days ^^ ;;

I understand it's in less than a month and with that, I've only received vague information form Fanime about the room, thus I haven't said anything because I want to have all the information before posting anything.  When Fanime gets back to me I'll post it. 

TsukiYuu

nice~! good luck and keep us updated as much as possible <3

And these are the ones we're to get right if we want to play? http://shopbeefcake.myshopify.com/collections/running-man-apparels/products/running-man-nametag
Fanime 2016 cosplay lineup!

~Kamui from Fire Emblem
~Hana from Prison School
~Umaru from Himouto Umaru chan

egrrr

Yea, the standard black and white are the ones I got.  The shipping is $20 so just to give u a heads up. 

TsukiYuu

WOAAHHAA $20 shipping is so expensive! haha!
Fanime 2016 cosplay lineup!

~Kamui from Fire Emblem
~Hana from Prison School
~Umaru from Himouto Umaru chan

Motoko

@egrrr - that's why I said him/her, cause I didn't want to assume anything. But alright, if the nametags are needed for the last game, I suppose I can try to figure something out. Do you have a back up plan in case not everyone can get them?

@TsukiYuu - yeah, $20 is a bit expensive for a $5 item. But then again it's coming from overseas and usually that can get a little hefty.

Too bad we don't have the "thief cards".
I saw them on the site and wanted to get them, but were sold out.
Maybe they'll come back some time soon.

egrrr

Quote from: Motoko on April 28, 2014, 02:07:54 PM
@egrrr - that's why I said him/her, cause I didn't want to assume anything. But alright, if the nametags are needed for the last game, I suppose I can try to figure something out. Do you have a back up plan in case not everyone can get them?

Too bad we don't have the "thief cards".
I saw them on the site and wanted to get them, but were sold out.
Maybe they'll come back some time soon.

As far as name tags, they will be needed and I just posted how it's a requirement for the hide and seek game.  I do not have a back up plan for them at the moment, but I don't expect people to buy them off the website if they don't have the  funds or the time it takes for them to get here.  I would be more impressed if people made their own.  And the thief cards would've been great to play with, but they've been unavailable since February (when i found out about the site). 

egrrr

Btw I updated the first entry laying out the way I wanna run the event.  Please read. Thank you.

egrrr

new update!! We have a time and date for this event now, it is currently scheduled to held on Friday early evening from 6-8pm.  That's two hours people!! Now I gotta think of more games to play.  As far as the hide and seek game I still want to have it on Saturday early afternoon, what do you guys think?  what time would it work for those that are going to participate?  let me know! in the poll http://goo.gl/FtohH1

egrrr

new update with times and revised game list!!!!  possible nametags available!!!

egrrr

LAST UPDATE before the con!!

We will be having the games inside the Valley Room in the Fairmont hotel on Friday 23, between the hours of 6-8.
  The Valley Room is located between Panels 3 and Panels 4 on the second floor of the Fairmont Hotel.

On Saturday the 24th we'll be having the hide and seek game outside on the Cesar Chavez park.  Name tags will be mandatory for this event but we'll give you a chance to earn one during the games on Friday, but keep in mind that there is a limited amount of nametags that I can provide.

So stop by, have some fun, rip some name tags and possible win some prizes.

airanimechiic

One last question- do we have to stay for the duration of the entire game?
I will also be in cosplay and on rollerblades (but i'm proficient in them)- will that be safe?
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

egrrr

Not if u don't want to.  Theres a con happening!!!! So go ahead and enjoy it.

airanimechiic

kk ill only be there from 6-7, but my more important question is- im not allowed to wear rollerblades inside the convention center itself, but can i wear them outside?
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

egrrr

I dont see y not.  Outside its a public area so were not under rover supervision.  As far as the hide n seek game I want to do it on saturday in the early afternoon.   The games are all going to happen inside the valley room in the fairmont.

egrrr

Big shout outs to all that attended to the event on Friday night and Saturday morning!  I can honestly say that I was shocked on the amount of people that showed up and I felt really bad when there wasn't enough sitting or when in all honesty I stumbled through the games.

But thanks to the team I had (which they really helped me out) we pulled it off, I am all in your guys' debt.  I also want to say thanks for those that participated and helped me through the event.  This was a newbie running it and I am going to try and run it once again, but this time I'll be a bit more prepared and will do something about the games as well as the overflow of people.

I will be putting up pics and video of the event soon so check this forum once in a while for it.

seolm

I played on both Friday and Saturday (the handcuffed girl lol), and it was so much fun! I loved participating in the games and meeting new people at my first con. Thank you so much for organizing, and I can't wait for the videos/photos! :D

icilby

^lol sorry you got stuck with my loud BS :P

Hope I gave you stupid footage of me yelling for advertisements next year lol

egrrr

Quote from: seolm on May 27, 2014, 10:38:16 PM
I played on both Friday and Saturday (the handcuffed girl lol), and it was so much fun! I loved participating in the games and meeting new people at my first con. Thank you so much for organizing, and I can't wait for the videos/photos! :D

Congrats on your first con, I hope that I helped in you having an exciting time.  The album has a few pics of the event and all he video that was taken.

http://s769.photobucket.com/user/eggieINbasket/library/Running%20man%20event%20-%20FANIME%202014

Quote from: icilby on May 28, 2014, 06:29:04 PM
^lol sorry you got stuck with my loud BS :P

Hope I gave you stupid footage of me yelling for advertisements next year lol

Nah, I had fun.  True that it was chaotic but still lots of fun.  I will be planning better next year and hope I get to see everybody once again. 

Here is a link for the facebooks https://www.facebook.com/edgar.pina.796 if you want to add me.  Also we did a small project with a lot of other cosplayers after Running Man, maybe we can do something like this next time around.  http://youtu.be/pHysdT3hXRo

Once again, thanks for everybody that showed up and I'll see you guys again in FANIMECON 2015.

egrrr