Korean Running Man idea

Started by egrrr, March 06, 2014, 08:14:14 PM

egrrr

Sadly due to time/fund restrictions, I won't be doing this panel this year. 

YiJun

Hey I think that's a good idea! I would like to participate in the hide and seek game (the one in the shows) , of course it would be slightly modified but I think it would be fun. Where it's two teams and on team searches with bells tied to their feet while the other team hides and try to achieve their goal and have some sort of communication (ie walkie talkie or phones) and when the searching team finds or sees the hiding team, they try to chase and take off their name tags.

TsukiYuu

o-oh my fudgecakes, this makes me so happy to see running man fans asdfghjkl <3
I would love to join in on this if possible ; A;
Fanime 2016 cosplay lineup!

~Kamui from Fire Emblem
~Hana from Prison School
~Umaru from Himouto Umaru chan

Mizuki

I'm not staff this year, but this is how it's been for awhile to my knowledge.

No crazy running around the con, the idea sounds fun, but running = danger to others.

egrrr

Quote from: YiJun on March 11, 2014, 07:12:58 PM
Hey I think that's a good idea! I would like to participate in the hide and seek game (the one in the shows) , of course it would be slightly modified but I think it would be fun. Where it's two teams and on team searches with bells tied to their feet while the other team hides and try to achieve their goal and have some sort of communication (ie walkie talkie or phones) and when the searching team finds or sees the hiding team, they try to chase and take off their name tags.
Quote from: TsukiYuu on March 11, 2014, 09:19:06 PM
o-oh my fudgecakes, this makes me so happy to see running man fans asdfghjkl <3
I would love to join in on this if possible ; A;

The idea is to branch out and make more connections throughout the weekend of fanime, seeing as how it's the beginning of March and there's hardly any info of what panels or guests are gonna be might as well make our own fun.  It's awesome that there's a few people interested.  We're grabbing our name tags from Beefcake clothing, I'll send a link if anybody is interested.  Now what I'm debating is if I wanna wear my nametag on regular clothes or a Kigurumi outfit...

Quote from: Mizuki on March 12, 2014, 08:09:52 PM
I'm not staff this year, but this is how it's been for awhile to my knowledge.

No crazy running around the con, the idea sounds fun, but running = danger to others.

This was one of my primary concerns when trying to initiate this thread, I know the safety of other con goers is first to the Fanime staff but if we were going to have hide and seek game or even the name tag ripping game then there's other areas such as the nearby parks surrounding the con.  It can be safe and fun if it's done properly.

airanimechiic

to alleviate running issues, perhaps it might be better to stick it to a specific portion of the venue rather than the entire con?
like "participants are restricted to inside X building, cannot enter exhibit hall/panel/workshop/guest/etc rooms, blah rooms, and blah places".
aaand of course, it could be discussed if we should wait until nighttime like how the actual show is to lessen the amount of crowd even more xD (and availability of hour slot options)
a way to keep track/keep contact would be cell phones or walkie talkies?
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

Mizuki

Might work, I'd ask rovers still though.

TsukiYuu

Just looked up the site... So amazing ; A;
(Man, why is the $tress hat sold out </3 )

Anyways, I think the idea of doing it outside the con, or what airanimechiic said, would work ^^

~Kamui from Fire Emblem
~Hana from Prison School

egrrr

Quote from: Mizuki on March 13, 2014, 10:02:39 AM
Might work, I'd ask rovers still though.

I'm trying to look for a way to ask anyone in a rover/staff  as to what we can see what is and it isn't allowed to do. And I'll update whenever I get an answer.

However, this kind of thing is being set up by a group of adults that have been to Fanime that attended the con for the past five years.  We are aware of the rules and regulations and as a group we've never have had an issue with the rovers or fanime staff.  I am aware that the safety of the con goers is first and once there's a large amount of people common sense comes into place as to what one can and cannot do.

This is the idea so far, if a small group is interested we'll be doing a small scavenger hunt utilizing the snapchat app which is basically a game of find the SPY that we'll leek out areas he/she will be in. 

Quote from: airanimechiic on March 13, 2014, 02:21:34 AM
to alleviate running issues, perhaps it might be better to stick it to a specific portion of the venue rather than the entire con?
like "participants are restricted to inside X building, cannot enter exhibit hall/panel/workshop/guest/etc rooms, blah rooms, and blah places".
aaand of course, it could be discussed if we should wait until nighttime like how the actual show is to lessen the amount of crowd

I like this idea for crowd control but It'll be discussed later if a big enough groups is interested because if we get up to 10 people, then a small area for this game should suffice.

Motoko

Ah wow, Running Man~
I didn't know there were other fans, but this is a pretty cool idea.
Definitely "bell hide and seek" would be fun.
At least you don't have "Sparta" Kooks/Kookie/Commander chasing after you...
I do know that's his character though hahaha

Maybe if Bell Hide and Seek isn't possible, there are other ideas that could work as well.
Like little games they play at late night like coin tossing, taking the right photo, coin flipping on a book, late night tea, etc.
We could also use Running Balls and punishment games like forehead flicking or chopsticks to the forehead, hahaha~
I really would like to see "drawing in sequence" as well. ^_^
(I'm such a running man nerd girl....)

Just other ideas to try as well.
Would be fun to even just watch.  =)

TsukiYuu

Quote from: Motoko on March 15, 2014, 06:09:48 PM
Ah wow, Running Man~
I didn't know there were other fans, but this is a pretty cool idea.
Definitely "bell hide and seek" would be fun.
At least you don't have "Sparta" Kooks/Kookie/Commander chasing after you...
I do know that's his character though hahaha

Maybe if Bell Hide and Seek isn't possible, there are other ideas that could work as well.
Like little games they play at late night like coin tossing, taking the right photo, coin flipping on a book, late night tea, etc.
We could also use Running Balls and punishment games like forehead flicking or chopsticks to the forehead, hahaha~
I really would like to see "drawing in sequence" as well. ^_^
(I'm such a running man nerd girl....)

Just other ideas to try as well.
Would be fun to even just watch.  =)

I'm with you on that ^^
But the bell hide and seek would definitely be fun to play~
Punishment game of wearing underwear >:)

~Kamui from Fire Emblem
~Hana from Prison School

Motoko

Well, if the organizer is able to clear it with staff, I think this would be great.
Probably made harder if it's at night since less people around.
But we could also film it like RM does, hahaha~
I think if everything can be properly organized and such, it will be a good event to participate in.
Looking forward to it (if it's done). =)

egrrr

Well, I just got off my lazy bum and started the entire process, the form has been submitted to Fanime for a Fan Event.  Hopefully we'll get an approval soon.  We'll let everyone know what we know when we know it.

As far as the event itself I was thinking a small gathering of (hopefully) 2 teams of 7, we'll have the Djakki game, Rock paper scissors and whatever other games we can play that follow Fanime's guidelines (in which I'm still researching).  The object of the games is to declare a winner/winners that will have an advantage for the last game which is a Nametag ripping game outside the con area if people are comfortable enough to do it.  Losers will get vague clues and winners will get a pic or a detailed message via Snapchat.  I want to make a Nametag a requirement for those that want to play the last game, we are trying to come up with a prize or prizes for those that win.

We will have our own name tags that we got through shopbeefcake.myshopify.com and NO I am not affiliated with this website, this was the best one I found on the internet.  There are a few vids on Youtube on how to make your own, but if you're lazy like me, just buy 'em.

I am always happy to hear suggestions as to what games people want to play, keeping in mind that this is just a small group of fans running this joint.

icilby

Idea:

Winners of the games prior to tag-ripping are given first choice at cards for "Super Powered" nametag ripping. Except the super-powers are channeling Running Man member powers. For instance, the Giraffe card will be the super power to secretly switch one name tag of their choice with another name, for secret, ultimate betrayal. The Gary card will the LOL-LOL power and he's able to recruit anybody at the con to do his nametag ripping for him, etc.

The other games before the final game should probably be Ddakji where you're not given any raw material and have to scavenge for material to make your Ddakji, a mission game which involves recruiting a certain number people for a group mission (for instance, find 6 people who are cosplaying), and make the challenge be something super stupid but funny like playing a communal Pocky game or something, and probably a Running Man trivia game somewhere where we do the hidden spoon game where you have to drink, say instant lemon tea but have to use as much powder that fits on the sppon.

Lets do thissssss.

Motoko

Interesting ideas icilby.
I think some of these though have to take into consideration the people around us too and how busy they may be.
Of course some of this has to be realistic and what the organizer is thinking as well and catering to what people participating would be capable of doing and such.
The trivia game wouldn't be bad and the spoon-drink game.
Perhaps others can be considered as well.
It also depends on the time of day this is held.
But plenty to consider and think about. =)

toraraven

Omg a bunch of my friends and I cosplayed as running man people for a con earlier this year! It was so nice to get recognized and connect with others who liked it. I'm so in on whatever plans you guys have. I'd love to do something Running man related.

Motoko

I wonder if there has been any new developments with this idea.
It's coming down to the wire in terms of time to prepare and such.
Maybe I'm just paranoid thinking that time is running out hahaha~

egrrr

This is still in the process of finalizing and I'll update this as soon as I get a time or date about the room.  As far as the games goes, I'm also finalizing a list of the games we can play inside the room and around the con.

TsukiYuu

Well Fanime is in around 30 days ^^ ;;

~Kamui from Fire Emblem
~Hana from Prison School

Motoko

I'm sure it'll be fine since egrrr is doing his/her best to get it set up.
It's why I was wondering myself on it.

I'm curious though....are shirts or something with name tags going to be required?
Otherwise the name tag ripping event may not be a viable option if not everyone is properly 'equipped' so to speak.
Just asking out of curiosity.