When do Masquerade signups usually go up?

Started by KuriQueenofFeels, March 07, 2014, 03:06:18 PM

KuriQueenofFeels

I competed years ago in the Fanime Masquerade, and I remember that then it was hard to get a spot, so does anyone know the general time frame signups are? I keep getting myself into a panic that I'll miss the registration date >.<
Cosplay Lineup 2017
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
Friday: Death Scene Dress
Saturday: Kingsglaive
Monday: Casual Short Dress

Sunday: Vaporeon, with group

UsakoMinako

Usually, depending who is in charge, we are lucky enough on April first to get to sign up. It really depends on who is running the show this time ;)

PrincessSquib

They have a few announcements twards the end of march, and the signups will be in the beginning of April. I believe last years was on the 3rd. No need to panic over the date. I've been in the past three years, and though many of the groups sign up on the first date the registration is open, it doesn't fill up for a few weeks. People drop out, things happen, ect. After the first 50 spots are taken, there will be a waitlist. I was #17 on a waitlist two years ago, and still got to perform. So, no worries, though I suggest signing up the day it opens. Just check the site for announcements every other day.

Princess Squib Cosplay
-A.K.A. Sailor Venus from Sailor Moon Burlesque Group
Princess Squib Cosplay
Cosplays That I'll Be Making For Fanime 2018:
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

KuriQueenofFeels

Quote from: PrincessSquib on March 10, 2014, 12:42:52 PM
They have a few announcements twards the end of march, and the signups will be in the beginning of April. I believe last years was on the 3rd. No need to panic over the date. I've been in the past three years, and though many of the groups sign up on the first date the registration is open, it doesn't fill up for a few weeks. People drop out, things happen, ect. After the first 50 spots are taken, there will be a waitlist. I was #17 on a waitlist two years ago, and still got to perform. So, no worries, though I suggest signing up the day it opens. Just check the site for announcements every other day.

Princess Squib Cosplay
-A.K.A. Sailor Venus from Sailor Moon Burlesque Group

Oh ok cool ^^ yeah I was in 2010, so maybe things calmed down a bit. Thank you! ^^ I'm defiantly going to jump on signing up as soon as I possibly can. I'm putting a whole hell of a lot of work into into my Midnight Mauve cosplay, so I figure its time to at least try Fanime's masquerade again ^^
Cosplay Lineup 2017
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
Friday: Death Scene Dress
Saturday: Kingsglaive
Monday: Casual Short Dress

Sunday: Vaporeon, with group

PrincessSquib

No worries! I'm excited to see your costumes~! :D
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

UsakoMinako

Even when in the very last hour- at least 2-3 groups do not show. So, if you need a spot and you are on top of things you will  get one. Just keep checking back here in the forum, and I am sure that as the date gets closer there will be more support here.

CielloRegalo

I have never entered a masquerade of costume contest, ect. I was asking about the Cosplay Spectacular in another thread but also wanted to clarify here if the Masquerade also involves skits and if so how long is the allotted time? Thanks for any info!

UsakoMinako

Cosplay Spectacular = Masquerade
Based on past 3 years time allowed 2:30
Cosplay Spectacular Masquerade has skit entries and costume judging. Awards at the end

CielloRegalo

Quote from: UsakoMinako on March 15, 2014, 12:58:07 PM
Cosplay Spectacular = Masquerade
Based on past 3 years time allowed 2:30
Cosplay Spectacular Masquerade has skit entries and costume judging. Awards at the end
Oh, I know this is new stuff to me but I kinda wish there weren't different threads with similar questions posted called 'cosplay spectacular' and also 'masquerade' since it was confusing to me. Then again I am new to this so I don't mean to be pushy. Thanks for clarification.

PrincessSquib

It was just posted that sign ups will go up the 29th.
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

Erik_anderson

Hi all,

To address a few questions here. 

We renamed 'cosplay spectacular' to 'cosplay masquerade' in order to remove confusion between regular Cosplay events and to bring it more inline with the larger convention norms. 

In addition our intention was to have the new web site launched in November of last year, however there were some technical difficulties. Going forward you should be able to submit masquerade entry requests 1 month after the Convention for the following year.  At this time submissions will open on March 29th.

Rules have changes have been made so please review. 

If you have any questions please feel free to update this or make a new thread.
~----------------------------------------------------------------------------~
An evil so refined that it knows which fork to use... but chooses not to.
~----------------------------------------------------------------------------~