2014 Cosplay Spectacular~! Let's get excited~!

Started by PrincessSquib, March 10, 2014, 12:52:19 PM

What do you go to the Masquerade for?

The Costumes~!
5 (35.7%)
The skits~!
10 (71.4%)
So sing the pokemon theme song!
4 (28.6%)
To count like the count from Seaseme Street, ah ah ah~!
0 (0%)
I go because I feel like it.
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

PrincessSquib

Well, that was much better than last year.  ;D
Princess Squib Cosplay
Cosplays That I'll Be Making For Fanime 2018:
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

SquishyK

Quote from: Erik_anderson on May 28, 2014, 09:34:58 AM
QuoteIt did actually, on page 8 of the pocket guide they list times for many of the major events through the weekend including all events happening in the Civic Auditorium. "Cosplay Spec." was 5 - 8 on Sunday.

p.s. you can also look for the long line across the street from the con center on Sunday and that will be for the Cosplay Spectacular.

Next year both will be better, more on site and program book advertising and a new line system that gets everyone in with only a 25min maximum wait time in the line.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't really complaining about the line. Once they actually start letting people into the event the line moves pretty fast. It's just that people get in line 2 - 3 hours before the event is planned to start. So unless you plan on letting people into the event space 2 - 3 hours ahead of time I'm not sure what can really be done. And honestly I've never had a problem waiting in line for the Masquerade myself as long as I happen to be in shade, and there is quite a bit of shade on the side of the building that we line up at. Masquerade line is kind of a tradition, I meet new people and usually bring my lunch/dinner to eat in line and sometimes a new manga I picked up in the dealers hall. It's one of the few opportunities I take to just sit and chill. On the other hand, since the masquerade is still pretty early in the evening I can imagine that people in heavy costuming and makeup might have a harder time of waiting in the afternoon heat (I tend to be sensible about my costume choice on this day). Also, I sometimes wonder if the line is a deterrent to some people seeing the event. They might see the long line and think that it will fill up before they can get in or that it will be over crowded.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

PrincessSquib

I wish It was advertised a bit more this year though.
Princess Squib Cosplay
Cosplays That I'll Be Making For Fanime 2018:
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz