The Call of the Fairies! - Fairy Tail Gathering 2015

Started by Swizzlstik Cosplay, March 12, 2014, 01:02:37 PM

Did you attend Fanime 2014's Fairy Tail Gathering and did you enjoy it?

Yes and I had a blast!
6 (75%)
Yes and I enjoyed it, but I would like to see a few things changed.
0 (0%)
Yes and I did not enjoy it at all. (please tell me why in the comments)
0 (0%)
I wasn't able to attend because I didn't hear about it in time. But I want to attend this year's gathering.
1 (12.5%)
No I did not attend last year's gathering.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Swizzlstik Cosplay

Quote from: a_pitcher on April 02, 2014, 08:30:52 PM
Quote from: Swizzlstik Cosplay on April 01, 2014, 11:56:23 AM
Quote from: a_pitcher on March 29, 2014, 05:02:39 PM
Alright! I'm glad we have lots of people on the list already. I'm excited!
Also, my friend is for sure going as Pantherlily. Just confirming that.

And last, would it be alright if I brought along some Fairy Tail stickers to pass out to the people at the gathering? I'm making them myself, just for fun!

I don't see why not, as long as they're family friendly. We want to be able to represent Fairy Tail as best we can and show all of Fanime what they're missing out on!
Of course they'll be family friendly! And sweet, thank you. :D

Excellent. I can't wait to see them! ^^
The only thing constant in life is that life is constantly changing.

xac

I take it back. It looks like I'll actually be able to get Rogue done, so you can expect a Sting and Rogue!!! ^^

ZannieRock

My boyfriend and I would like to join the meet up. I am playing Lightning Empress Erza and he is playing Mystogan.

Swizzlstik Cosplay

Quote from: ZannieRock on April 26, 2014, 04:00:55 PM
My boyfriend and I would like to join the meet up. I am playing Lightning Empress Erza and he is playing Mystogan.

Excellent! Can't wait to see you both at the gathering! I've got you added to the list.

thrdplanet

I should have my Levy cosplay done by fanime so I'll be at this meetup!!!!
Fanime 2014 Cosplay Lineup:
Levy Mcgarden (fairy Tail) | America (Hetalia) - Lauren Mallard (WTNV) | Levy McGarden (fairy tail) - Punk!Crockertier Jane (homestuck) | Punk!Crockertier Jane (homestuck)

Swizzlstik Cosplay

Quote from: thrdplanet on April 28, 2014, 10:35:07 PM
I should have my Levy cosplay done by fanime so I'll be at this meetup!!!!

Excellent! Can't wait to see you!

Swizzlstik Cosplay

You know what guys, I can't believe I didn't see this before, but we don't have a Dragon Slayers Wizard photo group! We have so many coming, it would be a shame not to.

Since I clearly missed that, is there any other groups that you guys would like to see at the gathering?

Swizzlstik Cosplay

Holy crud, it's the final countdown to Fanime! So as we all sew furiously and sob over last minute projects, let me just say I am really looking forward to this and can't wait to see you all!

Safe travels and I hope you all have an excellent Fanime!

xac

Let's do this thing!!!

I'll just leave this here... Consider it incentive for a TOTALLY AWESOME GATHERING this year!!!!

Swizzlstik Cosplay

Quote from: xac on May 18, 2014, 07:53:37 PM
Let's do this thing!!!

I'll just leave this here... Consider it incentive for a TOTALLY AWESOME GATHERING this year!!!!

Ah! Thank you so much for sharing, what a great shot! I'm the Juvia with the dark blue hair, who else was at last year's gathering?

xac

zeroelement

Little Late but ill be Mystogan One staff as well. Trying a new approach (cloth instead of sports tape, and some sew into cloths that falls to easily) so mine might not look as good as the other, but ill be there!!!

Im the mystogan from the last gathering.
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

kataweenie

Sorry for such late notice but I will be going as Loke (Lucy's celestial spirit) and my friend will be going as Lucy Heartfilia.

camilynch

My kids will be there as a young Erza and young Natsu!!!  They are super excited!!!

zeroelement

Hey guys. If you want to share pictures i have made a group for Fanime fairy tail.
Fanime Fairy Tail   :   https://www.facebook.com/groups/894249730592468/     (hope that works)
I have made it open so people can view the pictures without giving away their Facebook information if they do not want others adding them.
Those who are feel free to join and share the pictures from BOTH gatherings. (10:30am and 4pm and the epic Snake/table battles!)
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

MasakiSays

Hey everyone! My girlfriend and I were the Alzack and Bisca at the 10:30 gathering. Our Natsu was supposed to be taking pictures for us, but... yeah.
So we don't have any. If you got any shots of us, I would greatly appreciate a link! Thank you, and btw, you were all awesome! Great meeting.

somegirlkatie

Hi everyone! I was the Robe of YĆ«en Erza Scarlet!

I had a great time meeting you all, thank you for a great gathering! :)

Swizzlstik Cosplay

Oh my freaking gosh you guys! That was such a phenomenal gathering! I hope everyone had as much fun as I had. It was so exciting to see everyone come out for the gathering, we had close to 50 cosplayers throughout the entire day (including the unofficial mini-gathering later in the day) and I could not have asked for a better event. Thank you again for joining me on Sunday and absolutely making my con.

Let me know what your favorite moment at the gathering was! I'd love to hear everyone's feedback so we can make next year's gathering even bigger and better!

xac

The whole day was fantastic! It was great seeing everyone there!!!!

Firefury Amahira

Sadly, I wasn't in costume (mostly was support for my sister and her hubby sorta XD ) but I had a blast at both gatherings. Especially the unofficial afternoon one, which I think was more relaxed and goofy since there wasn't the time crunch like at the official one. Mad props to that Daenerys cosplayer for being such a good sport when the unofficial gathering flagged her for that "Dragonslayers vs Mother of Dragons" shot.

Hoping one of these days to get the funding and free time together to do an Erza cosplay. x_x
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?