Lines on Day 0

Started by EJAY420, March 12, 2014, 10:46:52 AM

EJAY420

Day zero last year:    get at the convention center/fairmont hotel at 9am. Wait in line until 11pm. Yes 11 fkn pm. TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT. Get you badge EARLY EARLY FRIDAY MORNING.
Most Impressive.

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: EJAY420 on March 12, 2014, 10:46:52 AM
Day zero last year:    get at the convention center/fairmont hotel at 9am. Wait in line until 11pm. Yes 11 fkn pm. TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT. Get you badge EARLY EARLY FRIDAY MORNING.

...did I really just read that?  It look 14 hours to get your badges at the Fairmont last year on Day 0?  I find that a bit hard to believe =/.

Kuudere

Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on March 12, 2014, 03:50:41 PM
Quote from: EJAY420 on March 12, 2014, 10:46:52 AM

...did I really just read that?  It look 14 hours to get your badges at the Fairmont last year on Day 0?  I find that a bit hard to believe =/.

It's a little misleading. He lined up hours before registration [staff] even started [giving out badges], which if I remember right was somewhere around 7 pm. So that length of a wait was partially by choice. I also showed up for day zero, and waited 6 hours in line, showing up about an hour before [pre-] registration [booths] opened [to give out badges]. Honestly, the wait wasn't really the terrible part for me because I had friends and entertainment. It was having to stand outside in the cold dark for the majority of the wait time. Hopefully we'll get more indoor space in the new area for registration.

To keep on subject, last year was the first year I have ever attended day zero, and despite that line, I will probably continue going on Thursday for however long I attend the convention. Getting the basics like hotel and badge out of the way before the convention starts, and having a little bit of downtime was just really, really nice. Fridays are way too hectic.

[edited to clarify what I was saying...added parts are in brackets]

EJAY420

Really? I KNOW i wasnt the only one. There were hundreds waiting in line all day.   7pm line started? What are you smoking?!  someone just talking outta their asses.

Lmao@me lining up before REGISTRATION even started? Wtf?!

Its not registration numbnuts, its badge pickup for ppl who pre reg.   You moght NOT want to believe it but YES, ppl were waiting 10 plus hours.

Misleading? Try doing some research, like ASKING around. Reading old posts on the forums.....i just dont know what to say,  but to get yo shit straight before opening your mouth about ppl misleading others. Idiot.
Most Impressive.

Kuudere

Quote from: EJAY420 on March 12, 2014, 05:49:16 PM
Really? I KNOW i wasnt the only one. There were hundreds waiting in line all day.   7pm line started? What are you smoking?!  someone just talking outta their asses.

Lmao@me lining up before REGISTRATION even started? Wtf?!

Its not registration numbnuts, its badge pickup for ppl who pre reg.   You moght NOT want to believe it but YES, ppl were waiting 10 plus hours.

Misleading? Try doing some research, like ASKING around. Reading old posts on the forums.....i just dont know what to say,  but to get yo shit straight before opening your mouth about ppl misleading others. Idiot.

By registration, I meant the lines for pre-registration to get their badges, which was the line I was also in. I do not doubt you waited that long, but to my recollection, badges were only being handed out from 7pm on, so anyone who waited earlier than that were waiting just to get a good place in line. I'm not saying that was a stupid thing to do or anything, if you have the time to do it, go for it. You're not lying about waiting that long, but it seemed like you were implying that 11 hours was the standard wait time for Thursdays, which from my personal experience, was not true. I showed up at around 6 pm, and left at around 12 am. The line began moving around 7:30ish, because that was when they began to hand out badges on Thursday.

I'm actually not sure what I said that warranted such an aggressive response from you...but whatever it was, I didn't mean to offend you.

EJAY420

Whatever homie, just get yo shit checked before calling others liars.  Not knowing what you said to piss me off? Now THAT IS MISLEADING.
Most Impressive.

ewu

This was split off from the day zero thread. It got off topic and not too constructive. It is now locked.

And cuz i am the moderator, I get the final word. Reg hours on Thurs was 7pm-10pm.

Byes:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Kuudere

The word "misleading" could mean that it was either intentional or unintentional, whereas "lying" is intentional, so the words are not synonymous. I do not believe you were lying. I believe that what you were saying could unintentionally give people the wrong impression of what the standard wait time to expect for Thursday badge pickup to be. But semantics aside, I apologize for offending you with my word choice.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on March 12, 2014, 03:50:41 PM

It's not impossible, there are people who get in line super-super-early so they get their badges early. My friend and I usually get in line in the afternoon, sometime between 3 and 4 o'clock. Last year we got our badges fairly late, pretty sure it was sometime between 11 and midnight.

ewu

I guess I cut Kuudere and Admiral Donuts off... new posts added to this thread too:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom