Cosplay Masquerade 2014 Registration Info

Started by MagicMan1525, March 16, 2014, 03:30:56 PM

PrincessSquib

Quote from: CielloRegalo on March 31, 2014, 08:30:29 PM
Quote from: PrincessSquib on March 31, 2014, 10:38:25 AM
Quote from: CielloRegalo on March 30, 2014, 08:10:20 PM
Question: We are not 100% certain what song we are using can we submit the song at a later time or send one in but we might change it?
We've changed our song twice already.  XD I'm sure you can change it later. Just make sure they have the right song when you go to check in.
You're the best!!!! I'm glad Fanime is okay with changes
They understand that things happen. :) The people on the Masquerade crew are wonderful, occasionally disorganized, but very accommodating.
Princess Squib Cosplay
Cosplays That I'll Be Making For Fanime 2018:
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

Motoko

Just wanted to ask...(cause now I'm feeling a little nervous).
PrincessSquibs, I used your template from last year to write my applications.
I didn't exactly follow the format listed above in the first post though all the elements are there.
Just in a different order.
But I have everything: Name, contact info, my group name and solo name, skit name (kind of the same), and of course we don't have a need for stage ninjas and I attached all my music.
Would it be a problem if it's NOT in the order listed in this first post?
Or if anyone can answer that, that would be helpful.
Would like to hear from Erik_Anderson due to his involvement as head of Masquerade if plausible.

PrincessSquib

Quote from: Motoko on April 02, 2014, 02:31:57 PM
Just wanted to ask...(cause now I'm feeling a little nervous).
PrincessSquibs, I used your template from last year to write my applications.
I didn't exactly follow the format listed above in the first post though all the elements are there.
Just in a different order.
But I have everything: Name, contact info, my group name and solo name, skit name (kind of the same), and of course we don't have a need for stage ninjas and I attached all my music.
Would it be a problem if it's NOT in the order listed in this first post?
Or if anyone can answer that, that would be helpful.
Would like to hear from Erik_Anderson due to his involvement as head of Masquerade if plausible.
No. I don't believe the order would matter. As long as each section is named, as to not arouse confusion. As long as the information is there, all should be well.
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

wolfdaemon

Has anyone heard back after submitting an entry?  I haven't gotten anything in my e-mail and was curious to see if I'm alone in this wait.

Motoko

I haven't heard back yet.
I'm sure that they're busy and going over all the entries.
Give them a little bit and I'm sure they'll get back to us when they can.

KuriQueenofFeels

Quote from: Motoko on April 04, 2014, 01:00:36 AM
I haven't heard back yet.
I'm sure that they're busy and going over all the entries.
Give them a little bit and I'm sure they'll get back to us when they can.

Quote from: wolfdaemon on April 03, 2014, 11:03:14 PM
Has anyone heard back after submitting an entry?  I haven't gotten anything in my e-mail and was curious to see if I'm alone in this wait.
I heard back, but I sent in an email the night it was supposed to open. Though. they said they would be emailing out an official signup paper and such which I haven't gotten yet, so yeah I think they might just be busy or something.
Cosplay Lineup 2017
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
Friday: Death Scene Dress
Saturday: Kingsglaive
Monday: Casual Short Dress

Sunday: Vaporeon, with group

CeruleanRogue

My only question was my audio wasn't ready yet (still working out the editing bugs), but I went ahead and submitted my info with a note promising the audio when it's ready.  I hope that will be okay.

mistercomb

So I sent an email on the 29th and have since talked so a team member from Fanime but all they said was that they would forward me to the masquerade department and I haven't heard anything back from anyone on the matter.
I would really like to participate in the masquerade this year but I haven't heard anything about the registration for it beyond these threads so I if anyone knows anything it would be really nice to get an update.

Jazqui

I've yet to receive anything either. I originally sent the information at midnight on March 29th (1 AM March 29th, late March 28th, whatever you will), and Erik responded saying he had touched down in London, but I haven't heard from him since and have no confirmation of whether or not I'm actually registered when I've followed up twice in the last week and some days. I'd really like to know if I made it through before I set to serious work on props/set and whatnot for the event. I understand things are busy right now, but this is kind of dropping the ball....

Motoko

I agree with bisouspapillon.
I had done the same, in fact, I sent it on the night of and then also a day later (twice).
I'm not certain whether my team has been set.
And I would not like to give them the news we can't perform as they have all been looking forward to it.

I will stick with my belief that things are busy for all of the staff.
But the sooner we know, we sooner we can begin our own preparations.

DivineVTDragon

Same for me; I have yet to receive anything as of yet. I sent my application when I didn't see anything that looked like a registration (because... I played by the rules and hoped they would have it up). It's the same with everyone who sent in an application, we would like to know what is even happening so we can make our plans around it and start with the props and costumes.

In my case, I would like to edit and add in more/subtract some members, but I'm too afraid that if I sent one in now I would be in the bottom pile.

Is there anyone staffing who could tell us... anything...? I'm REALLY hoping this isn't a sign that a repeat of last year's masquerade will happen.

PrincessSquib

Let us hope, all things turn out alright. :/
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

Alex Of Hyrule

I sent in my registration to the cosplay email that was on Erik's first post on this topic, but i haven't heard back yet. I sent in my registration on the 29th at around 5:00. I saw that someone said that he answered her back about her registration. I'm getting a bit nervous that either I didn't get in or I emailed the wrong email address  :/

UsakoMinako

I hope we hear something- because we start our skit every august and thats a whole lot of planning. Most likely we're waiting for a whole package deal to be sorted an put together once and for all- but its been over a week. Being in the dark is nerve racking sometimes.

PrincessSquib

Muah~! I think everyone who has posted about it should get an automatic slot. :0
It's scary to think we may not be able to participate.
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

Motoko

It wouldn't be good if none of us got to participate.
I'm sure that won't be the case, but it has been ages since we heard from anyone about it...anyone with information anyway.
So here's to hoping that it won't be an issue.

PrincessSquib

Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

reimijahanna

I heard back, and they told me that they would contact me soon with my "registration number" I saved the email just in case if anything happens in the shipping of stuff. I'm stull currently waiting for this "registration number". I heard back from them a few days after I submitted my info to the cosplay department the night the submissions opened.

SquishyK

If they are handling submissions via email do you think they should link to this forum topic on the Fanime website (under Cosplay Spectacular on this page: http://www.fanime.com/events/)?

I'm really getting frustrated with the fact that everything seems be getting handled in these forums and not properly publicized.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

PrincessSquib

Quote from: pitin on April 11, 2014, 08:47:26 AM
If they are handling submissions via email do you think they should link to this forum topic on the Fanime website (under Cosplay Spectacular on this page: http://www.fanime.com/events/)?

I'm really getting frustrated with the fact that everything seems be getting handled in these forums and not properly publicized.

I think it might help. :-\
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz