Cosplay Masquerade 2014 Competition Rules

Started by Erik_anderson, March 17, 2014, 04:16:48 PM

DivineVTDragon

So, I'm assuming that since nothing has been announced it'll be midnight the 30th instead of 29th?

PrincessSquib

I just sent an email, anyway... XD

- Princess Squib
A.K.A: Sailor Venus, from the Burlesque Sailor Moon Skit
Fanime Masquerade Cosplay Spectacular 2014
Princess Squib Cosplay
Cosplays That I'll Be Making For Fanime 2018:
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

KuriQueenofFeels

I actually have a question about rules, ha!
I've been scanning through, and I can't seem to find:
1. what the max time for a walk on is? I'm trying to figure out what audio I want to play, and that is kinda important to know.
2. Also, is there some sort of rule against having an audio file with words in it for just doing a walk on?
What I'm wanting to do is play a piece of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF-FkWAmTPk (It starts around 8:34) as my audio file, because I'm planning to enter with the purple dress Lightning is wearing, but I don't know if that would just be weird or too skit like ^^; If it is I can easily just use the background music off the soundtrack.
Cosplay Lineup 2017
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
Friday: Death Scene Dress
Saturday: Kingsglaive
Monday: Casual Short Dress

Sunday: Vaporeon, with group

Elladancosplay

I may be reading it wrong but are online registrations march 29- May 23? Or just those days

Erik_anderson

Hi all,

Having a few technical difficulties, Please send your registration requests via email and I will respond with forms and your number as soon as possible.
~----------------------------------------------------------------------------~
An evil so refined that it knows which fork to use... but chooses not to.

PrincessSquib

Quote from: KuriQueenofFeels on March 29, 2014, 05:51:43 PM
1. what the max time for a walk on is? I'm trying to figure out what audio I want to play, and that is kinda important to know.
2. Also, is there some sort of rule against having an audio file with words in it for just doing a walk on?
What I'm wanting to do is play a piece of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF-FkWAmTPk (It starts around 8:34) as my audio file, because I'm planning to enter with the purple dress Lightning is wearing, but I don't know if that would just be weird or too skit like ^^; If it is I can easily just use the background music off the soundtrack.
Max time for walk ons are 1:30, I believe. Or 90 seconds. If your music has dialogye, you might want to consider a short skit. A skit can be 2:30 long, but it can also be shorter.
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

KuriQueenofFeels

Quote from: PrincessSquib on March 30, 2014, 04:26:50 PM
Quote from: KuriQueenofFeels on March 29, 2014, 05:51:43 PM
Max time for walk ons are 1:30, I believe. Or 90 seconds. If your music has dialogye, you might want to consider a short skit. A skit can be 2:30 long, but it can also be shorter.
Hmm... I've considered a short skit, but I'm afraid of boring people :/ Because my focus isn't performance, plus, I'm by myself and stuff >.<
Cosplay Lineup 2017
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
Friday: Death Scene Dress
Saturday: Kingsglaive
Monday: Casual Short Dress

Sunday: Vaporeon, with group

Motoko

Well I submitted my application twice, but here's hoping I'll hear back since I'm in a unique situation.
As for yours Kuri...my situation (if I did a solo) I thought the same since I'm doing a martial arts demo by myself.
Hope I don't bore others either.
But you know, I think it'll be fine.
You go out there and do your thing~ =)
I'm sure people will like it.
So don't give up~

PrincessSquib

You both should be fine!  There hasn't been many boring ones that I've seen. Those that were, went over the 2:30 mark, and it just seemed to drag on and on... But both of your ideas seem interesting!
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

CielloRegalo

Hi I feel silly but I am not sure where to go TO register for the Masquerade D: I tried emailing [email protected] twice and it did not go thru according to my email. I'm freaking out a little cause I really want to get my submission in!!Help :(

PrincessSquib

Quote from: CielloRegalo on April 01, 2014, 09:38:03 AM
Hi I feel silly but I am not sure where to go TO register for the Masquerade D: I tried emailing [email protected] twice and it did not go thru according to my email. I'm freaking out a little cause I really want to get my submission in!!Help :(

I believe it is [email protected] this year. You should look for the Forum that describes the masquerade, I'll see if I can find it for you.
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

PrincessSquib

Here is the first post from that thread:

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give you a heads up about Registration for Masquerade. We will be accepting applications on March 29th, 2014. Any submissions prior will not be answered until the 29th. Rules and Regulations will be posted as soon as possible.

If you have any problems with Registration for Masquerade, you can send an email to [email protected] with:

Name
Contact Info
Skit Name
Group Name
Any other specifics about your Skit/Walk-on (i.e. lighting, stage ninjas, sound, etc.)
Please be sure to attach your sound file in the email as well so we can get that all squared away early.

A confirmation email will be sent back to you with the forms needed for entry into Masquerade.

If you have any other questions, you can send an email to [email protected].

Thanks for your patience
~*~From Masquerade Team~*~
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

CielloRegalo

Quote from: PrincessSquib on April 01, 2014, 10:39:19 AM

Here is the first post from that thread:

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give you a heads up about Registration for Masquerade. We will be accepting applications on March 29th, 2014. Any submissions prior will not be answered until the 29th. Rules and Regulations will be posted as soon as possible.

If you have any problems with Registration for Masquerade, you can send an email to [email protected] with:

Name
Contact Info
Skit Name
Group Name
Any other specifics about your Skit/Walk-on (i.e. lighting, stage ninjas, sound, etc.)
Please be sure to attach your sound file in the email as well so we can get that all squared away early.

A confirmation email will be sent back to you with the forms needed for entry into Masquerade.

If you have any other questions, you can send an email to [email protected].

Thanks for your patience
~*~From Masquerade Team~*~
Oh jeez thanks. I submitted to that email and it worked! Sorry I was confused :( Gosh thanks so much. I don't know what I'd do without you, Princess! I've been to so many cons but since it's my first time doing a skit I have been totally lost like a noob. You're the best. I will have to thank you in person.

PrincessSquib

No worries at all! Just enjoy the experience. If you have any other questions,  feel free to let me know. I'm not on the direct staff, but I have experience. I'd be happy to help.

-Princess Squib
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

SquishyK

I am also receiving a failed to deliver message for [email protected] so that is probably the wrong email address. This part also does not seem to be correct:
Quote from: Erik_anderson on March 17, 2014, 04:16:48 PM
•   ONLINE REGISTRATION: November 25, 2014 - May 23rd, 2014 midnight
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

PrincessSquib

Quote from: pitin on April 11, 2014, 04:52:02 PM
I am also receiving a failed to deliver message for [email protected] so that is probably the wrong email address. This part also does not seem to be correct:
Quote from: Erik_anderson on March 17, 2014, 04:16:48 PM
•   ONLINE REGISTRATION: November 25, 2014 - May 23rd, 2014 midnight

It is no longer masquerade@fanime. It is cosplay@fanime.
And I think that its just a time window.... registration has never been earlier than late december or early january...
Princess Squib Cosplay
-Neo Queen Serenity
-Shaina from Saint Seiya
-Pink Diamond & Jasper
-Rainbow Quartz

Erik_anderson

The Big question on registration: Please email your registrations in. 

KuriQueenofFeels
QuoteI actually have a question about rules, ha!
1. its 90 seconds and audio is required.  If you do not have your own audio we will work with you to find appropriate background music.

2. There is no rule against it, in fact I encourage people to put their audio introductions in a recording and sync to it.  Again we can help mix in some audio to help create the atmosphere you want.  Please send in an entry and stop by the Masquerade room early at the convention.

Motoko
I'' get back to you today, I deeply apologies, I have been off continent for the last several weeks. I'll email and call today.

CielloRegalo
I'll PM you with my personal email and you can send that to me.  I have a slot for you.

pitin
[email protected] is working for registrations.  There was some confusion on the dates  Registration will remain open even at the event, there will be a waiting list once we have reached 55 entries, though typically we lose a number and people will advance to the show after that.

SquishyK

Quote from: Erik_anderson on April 19, 2014, 12:20:27 PM

pitin
[email protected] is working for registrations.  There was some confusion on the dates  Registration will remain open even at the event, there will be a waiting list once we have reached 55 entries, though typically we lose a number and people will advance to the show after that.

I think it might be a good idea to edit the text on the first post of this thread to reflect the updated email address (it has the  old one in multiple locations). So that people don't try sending an email to [email protected] and then wonder why it didn't go through or possibly not even realize that it didn't go through and then wonder why nobody is getting back to them.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

CeruleanRogue

Question on Craftsmanship judging:

Last yea,r judging was open both the day before CS and the day of.  Will that be the case this year? Or will it only be the day of Masquerade?

Erik_anderson

Hi CeruleanRogue,

QuoteLast yea,r judging was open both the day before CS and the day of.  Will that be the case this year? Or will it only be the day of Masquerade?

Yes, this year you can register for a time with the craftsmanship judges on Saturday and Sunday unto the time of the competition.  Its encouraged to do it early.