Beyond the Boundary / Kyoukai no Kanata Gathering 2014

Started by Kuudere, March 22, 2014, 12:51:18 PM

Kuudere

OFFICIAL FANIME PHOTOS HERE!!
We're just after the RWBY and Persona gathering photos, so keep scrolling. There's plenty of photos of everyone! Thank you to our Fanime photographers and thank you for everyone who showed up!

Day: Saturday
Time: 3:30pm (Please arrive on time! We want to make sure to get everyone in the photos and not linger into the next gathering's time. ...Fu-Fuyukai desu...)
Meeting Place: G4 (MAP)

Characters:

Megameganman, kurishieru, TsukiYuu, Jets

Dimm, nateb39007 (Idol Version)

Kuudere

Kuudere's friend

kaemis?

Other Characters:
(Will fill in if there is interest in any other characters)

Photography Order:
1. Individual characters
2. Literary club
3. Spirit Warriors
4. Idols
5. Youmu
6. GLASSES group shot (everyone included, please bring glasses!)
7. Suggestions (pairs, groups, ships)

** Please use #knkfanime to tag your photos to make it easy for others to see them!

Disclaimer:
Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Kuudere

I've got a map to make it easier for people to find the location.

It should be fairly easy to locate. It is inside the convention center on the ground floor. You just go through the main entrance of the convention center and walk past the stairs until you reach the back of the first floor. If you're still unsure, ask staff at the gatherings table by the entrance and they will be able to help!

Dimm

Chiming in as said friend going as Akihito Kanbara  ;D

megameganman

Kuudere's friend here! I'm going as Mirai! I like the idea for #6 photo op, it should be a lot of fun! 

kurishieru

Kuudere

I've got everyone added so far!

And as for details, I'm still awaiting a reply for a question I had about the gathering locations but I will be updating that information as soon as I get that answer.

nateb39007

Possible Fanime 2014 cosplays:
Onoda Sakamichi (Yowapedal)
Kuroko Tetsuya (KnB)
Akihito Kanbara (KnK)
Ken Amada (P3)
Makoto Naegi (DR)
N (Pokemon B&W)
Armin Arlert (AoT)

kaemis

I want to go as Sakura, but I'm having trouble finding a shirt that looks like hers. Any ideas on where to look? (Either her normal blue/black striped shirt or any other outfit she wears, for example this white striped shirt: http://31.media.tumblr.com/e47c1a785c7cb44813073b2f116049c4/tumblr_mwkrxnKjiU1ri2kwbo1_500.png) Thanks!

Kuudere

Quote from: kaemis on March 27, 2014, 09:37:51 PM
I want to go as Sakura, but I'm having trouble finding a shirt that looks like hers. Any ideas on where to look? (Either her normal blue/black striped shirt or any other outfit she wears, for example this white striped shirt: http://31.media.tumblr.com/e47c1a785c7cb44813073b2f116049c4/tumblr_mwkrxnKjiU1ri2kwbo1_500.png) Thanks!

My friend had gotten a near-identical blue/black shirt from Old Navy at one point, but they're probably long gone by now. My recommendation would be to stick with the blue/black one, because there are several options for that one... you can either search on ebay for it (there were a few that came up that would work when I looked, but I don't know your size), OR if you find a black/white striped shirt in a local store (since those colors are easier to find), it'd be pretty simple to just dye the white into blue. The black should hold up and likely not show the dye if it's dark enough.

If you're set on that pastel-looking striped shirt, find a white shirt in a similar style and fabric paint it, because it'll be pretty hard to find something exactly like that in a store. You can either do something like a screenprint of the color blocks or you can follow one of the many Homestuck tutorials for troll shirts. They should both work to get color onto a white shirt in the design you want.

TsukiYuu

Kyaa thanks for letting me know about this gathering kuudere ( ✧Д✧)
Been looking for some KnK cosplayers to hang with <3

Anyways I'll be going as Mirai!

(On that note, does anyone know any website/store that sells just the skirt for the uniform? ; A; I got the top, but the skirt came in a different colour and I'm planning on either buying one or just sewing one . n. )
Fanime 2016 cosplay lineup!

~Kamui from Fire Emblem
~Hana from Prison School
~Umaru from Himouto Umaru chan

Kuudere

Quote from: TsukiYuu on March 28, 2014, 12:11:09 AM
(On that note, does anyone know any website/store that sells just the skirt for the uniform? ; A; I got the top, but the skirt came in a different colour and I'm planning on either buying one or just sewing one . n. )

Here are some options, but they might be pricey:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyond-the-Boundary-Kuriyama-Mirai-Women-Cosplay-Sweaters-Costume-Custom-Made-/221341016289?pt=US_Costumes&var=&hash=item3388f3e0e1
or you can just get a whole new uniform for around the same price:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kyokai-no-kanata-Kuriyama-Mirai-cosplay-costumes-Beyond-the-Boundary-Cardigan-/181318426522?pt=US_Costumes&var=&hash=item2a376b9f9a

If you have the sewing skills, it looks like a simple enough design that it could be cheaper just to make it.

Kuudere

Okay, I got my response for the place I wanted to host it, which was the steps in the new area where construction was, but it looks like these may be full of people since registration will be located nearby. I thought I'd get some opinions on alternative places.

Any opinions or suggestions? I'll probably just decide on one of these by tomorrow, since the longer we wait, the less options we have.

I will also be adding a poll at the top for a few days, to see which dateeveryone likes. I'll do my best to avoid scheduling near times of other major gathering (Attack on Titan, for example). Friday is probably the best for this, just because the big events/gatherings are on Saturday/Sunday. If it happens on Friday, it'll have to be late afternoon/early evening because I know that people will likely be stuck in registration lines for some of the day.

TsukiYuu

Thanks, although, I'll probably just try and make it ^^
All the ones online look more on the green side (like the one I got is pretty green), but in the anime, its supposed to be more blue so ; u;

As for the place, I have no idea, sorry ; A;
It's only my second year and I only went for 2 days last year so I don't really know the building area that well </3

~Kamui from Fire Emblem
~Hana from Prison School

Kuudere

I made an official request for time/date/place. You have to list a bunch of times and so forth, but I listed my preferred time was 3:30 on Saturday, with the location being downstairs of the convention center where the old registration used to be. I tried to avoid the big gatherings (like Attack on Titan) for that day, so hopefully it's spaced enough away from that gathering's time to be doable for everyone.

I will update the first post when we get an approval.

Kuudere

Update: We are official. Please review the date/time/location!

I also borrowed the idea of hashtagging our pictures from the Kill la Kill gathering, since it'd be a pretty good way to show photos on hashtag-trackable sites like tumblr and instagram. So please use that hashtag to keep things uniform!

TsukiYuu

I have no idea where G4 is ; A;

Will there maps and stuff to direct me?

~Kamui from Fire Emblem
~Hana from Prison School

Kuudere

Quote from: TsukiYuu on April 08, 2014, 06:03:44 PM
I have no idea where G4 is ; A;

Will there maps and stuff to direct me?

I just added a map in the second post.  :D

TsukiYuu

Thanks <3 I'm actually going to be living in the Mariott so it seems pretty close *__*

~Kamui from Fire Emblem
~Hana from Prison School

Jets

Kuudere