Formal introductions

Started by otakuya, March 23, 2014, 09:48:51 PM

otakuya

sjamison1427 suggested this and I'm surprised that it hasn't been done ever. Sticky?

>>>>>>Just tell us a little (or a lot) about yourself. Whatever you are comfortable sharing to the Fanime forums community.<<<<<<<<

My fan name is Otakuya and my real name is Daniel. I also go by Christian as it's my middle name and that's what they call me at work. I am 28 years old. Born and raised in San Jose, CA. I graduated San Jose State in 2008 with a degree in Recreation and minor in Kinesiology. I currently am attending New Charter University (online) for an MBA in Business Management (it's not going too well, but I'm working on it). I work at a golf store as of now as a golf equipment sales rep and I aspire to work for a professional sports team someday soon. Real soon.

I've been attending FanimeCon since 2000 and been a fan of anime since 1998. I've been interested in cosplay, gaming, and game shows at every convention I attend. I've been away from anime watching for a while now, but recently trying to get back into it. I've been more into gaming culture and "let's plays". My favorite anime include classics like Slayers, Pokemon, Ranma 1/2, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Initial D, and Hayate no Gotoku. Favorite games (all time) include Daytona USA, Initial D Arcade Stage, DDR, Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune, NBA Jam Tournament Edition, Mario Party, Para Para Paradise, Gran Turismo 4, Street Fighter 3 Third Strike, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and Sonic 3 & Knuckles (among those I can name right now). My cosplay highlights include Sandbag from Super Smash Bros., Shy Guy from Super Mario, and The Stig from Top Gear.

I am also into cars and sports. My personal car is a Toyota Matrix which I named "Peppy" because the gas and brakes are very sensitive. My dream cars are a Lexus LF-A, Nissan GT-R, Subaru Impreza WRX STi wagon, and a 1985 Chevrolet Corvette. I also follow a lot of sports; San Jose Sharks, Golden State Warriors, Sacramento Kings, SF Giants, SF 49ers, Oakland A's, L.A. Clippers, Chelsea FC, Houston Rockets, Joe Gibbs Racing (NASCAR), and Red Bull Racing (F1) are all my favorite sports/racing teams I follow. I am also really into fantasy sports. I play a little bit of sports for recreation and exercise, but I play golf most often with co-workers and boss.

whew

limDsage

Interesting. Very well, I shall partake on this one..

My fan name is limDsage, and it also serves as my tournament handle and social media profile. I also use the handle "sicse7en" for PSN and my Twitch account. In real life, my name is Limuel although I prefer being called, "Lim" since some people botch my full name 70% all the time. I'm turning 24 on the 7th of May. I was originally born and raised in the Philippines and I migrated to the US back in 2006. I'm currently working as a corporate IT helpdesk support for a software company located at South SF. I have an associate's degree in Network Administration with certifications as a CompTIA A+ technician, and a Microsoft Certified IT Professional with a specialty in Active Directory, Network and Server administration, and Enterprise. I'm currently planning to go back to school to get my Bachelor's in IT security while working on my Cisco certifications as well.

I just recently attended Fanime last year since I moved down to the Bay (originally from Sacramento). However, I have been attending various conventions like Sac Anime, Anime Expo, etc. years before. I am also a big fighting game community fan and supporter, and have attended FGC events like NorCal and SoCal regionals, Evo, and KiT for Tekken and Street Fighter. I am also into the gaming culture, and I've always been a fighting game and stealth game player. I am a Metal Gear nut; ask me any Metal Gear event, timeline, characters, etc. and you won't be disappointed. For fighting games, I mainly play Tekken, Street Fighter, 3rd Strike, and Guilty Gear. I prefer reading mangas over anime, but I also enjoy watching anime whenever I get the time to watch something. I also enjoy the Kamen Rider series, particularly Black, Kabuto, W, and OOO.

Other than my geeky side, I also enjoy playing a lot of sports: Basketball, Soccer, American Football, and Squash are a few things I play. I follow Barcelona FC, Chicago Bulls, SF Giants, and the Baltimore Ravens for sports.  I am an avid motorcycle enthusiast and I drive a Triumph Thunderbird whenever I don't feel like driving my car. I also enjoy buying sneakers and I'm currently trying to get some new HyperRevs. I am mainly a drummer but I also play the bass and guitar whenever there's a need for me to do it. I listen to a lot of different genres which also depends on my current mood. Used to follow boxing a lot, but now my current interest is on MMA.

Nice to meet you!

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

sjamison1427

Oh, awesome! Thanks Otakuya.

Hey, my fan name is sjamison1427. Real name is Scott, I'm a 26-year-old guy originally born in Livermore, California and now currently living in Holden, Massachusetts. When my parents divorced my father moved back East to MA where he was originally from, I made the decision to come with him and attend college and progress in my life. I graduated from University of Massachusetts with a degree in Finance and Accounting. Still taking classes off/on to get a degree in Business Management. I currently work as an Investment Banker through Wells Fargo bank.

I have been a Fanime attendee for the last 8 years. I attend the con as part of a 2-3 week vacation that I take each year in order to visit with my mother and sister Emily. In the past I've done a lot of Bleach cosplay, Hideki from Chobits, and Guts from Berserk. My cosplays this year are listed in my signature, you will probably see me roaming around the con with my sister who is attending as Asuna from Sword Art Online.

When I'm not working or completing coursework I am at home watching this or that or taking my dog out for jogs. He's pretty high energy so I don't get much of a choice. He's a 5 year old lab/border collie mix named Titan. Let's see, what else? I drive a black 2006 VW Golf, am a huge fan of RPG-type video games, love alternative and trance music, and I love being outdoors fishing, hiking, biking, provided the weather is accommodating.

For more just ask! Here is a link to a photo of myself, too much hassle to type out a description.
http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u414/sjamison1427/74672447-0dbb-453a-9315-9e529ff35568_zpsf1b6e46e.jpg
Fanime 2014 Cosplays
========================
Watson - Sherlock Holmes
Ichigo  - Bleach
Zorro [lost a bet!]

otakuya

NOTE: you don't have to post about what car you drive and sports. I just did that for me because it's an interesting fact about myself I wanted to share. This is still an anime-fandom based forums. Regardless, it's cool that the are some (other) sports fans here

limDsage

QuoteI currently work as an Investment Banker through Wells Fargo bank.

Now I fully understand why you are the Royal Treasurer. Greetings, Sir Scott!

Quote from: Otakuya on March 24, 2014, 01:36:21 AM
NOTE: you don't have to post about what car you drive and sports. I just did that for me because it's an interesting fact about myself I wanted to share. This is still an anime-fandom based forums. Regardless, it's cool that the are some (other) sports fans here

I really suck at introducing myself, Otakuya-san. However it's also nice to see a fellow sports fan here. Nice to meet you also!

Lucifargundam

Lucifargundam. My screenname is found throughout the net. I live on  and in it. Its easy to find me and if ur tech savvy enough, youll find my real info just like anyone elses.  I plan on ruling the world someday. I live computers and anything to do with them. I am a computer science major and have used my skills irl a few times but have yet to apply them to a justifialble field of work. As long as i breathe, i will continue to thirst for more knowledge pertaining to that of compiter science/networking/programming/etc.

Im often seen as wierd or slightly-off in public, but that is only because there are pleanty more factors at play. Lifeis both a game of chess n poker n i believe i excell at it. Whatever i dont know, i wish to know. Knowledge is power and i wish to hold all.  I am and will be king.

Long story short, im a nice guy (i think) who just wants everything at his disposal. Thoigh, even that summary does a great injustice to who i really am. To really know me, youd need to meet me, which i hope will happen at least once under desireably comfortable terms... Feel free to pm me anytime.

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

sjamison1427

Quote from: limDsage on March 24, 2014, 10:45:17 AM
QuoteI currently work as an Investment Banker through Wells Fargo bank.

Now I fully understand why you are the Royal Treasurer. Greetings, Sir Scott!
I am around for financial advice any time, just PM me.  Greetings limDsage and greetings Lucifargundam!
Fanime 2014 Cosplays
========================
Watson - Sherlock Holmes
Ichigo  - Bleach
Zorro [lost a bet!]

Mi Feng

Sweet, nice to meet you all!

I guess I'll be the first female of the thread. :)

Hi everyone. My Fan Name is Mi Feng but you can call me by my real name, Melissa. I'm 17 years old and a graduating senior in high school. (lol I'm a baby) I was editor of my yearbook for two years and I enjoy participating in theatrical activities in the high school setting. I'll be attending college in the fall hoping to major in Genetics/Molecular Biology or Computer Science. Yay for women in STEM! I enjoy photography and journalism and plan to involve myself in those actives while in college. At the moment I'm not sure where I'll be going yet.

When I'm not in school you can find me on tumblr, working on cosplay, playing LoL, Minecraft, and other video games, or with friends doing what a typical high school senior does. 8)

Fanime 2014 will be my 6th Fanime. :P
Again, it's lovely to meet you all.

limDsage

QuoteI plan on ruling the world someday.
\

King, if you're part of the Patriots, spit it out; I have a beef against the said organization.

Quote from: Mi Feng on April 06, 2014, 03:41:35 PM
Sweet, nice to meet you all!

I guess I'll be the first female of the thread. :)

Hi everyone. My Fan Name is Mi Feng but you can call me by my real name, Melissa. I'm 17 years old and a graduating senior in high school. (lol I'm a baby) I was editor of my yearbook for two years and I enjoy participating in theatrical activities in the high school setting. I'll be attending college in the fall hoping to major in Genetics/Molecular Biology or Computer Science. Yay for women in STEM! I enjoy photography and journalism and plan to involve myself in those actives while in college. At the moment I'm not sure where I'll be going yet.

When I'm not in school you can find me on tumblr, working on cosplay, playing LoL, Minecraft, and other video games, or with friends doing what a typical high school senior does. 8)

Fanime 2014 will be my 6th Fanime. :P
Again, it's lovely to meet you all.

Nice to meet you also, Mi Feng!

Lucifargundam

Quote from: limDsage on April 06, 2014, 03:55:46 PM
QuoteI plan on ruling the world someday.
King, if you're part of the Patriots, spit it out; I have a beef against the said organization.
no, just this:

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

questionette

This is awesome, I love reading about you guys :). 

My name is Victoria, and I've been inactive the past few years because of finishing college/entering the workforce.  This will be my fourth Fanime, but my first was back in 2008.  I grew up in the peninsula bay area, went to college at UC Davis, am currently living in Rohnert Park, Ca, and I am moving to Lafayette, LA in June to pursue a career with my startup (in my signature) headquartered in Louisiana (yay 30% tax credit for production costs).  My boyfriend who is also involved in the startup lives in Louisiana as well.

As far as fandom I started out as an invested anime/manga fan as well as working at bay area Renaissance faires.  However when I went to college I lacked enough time to really dedicate to things like that.  I also grew up spending a lot of time with my n64, sega genesis, ps1/2/3, and my favorite game of all time is FFVIII.  Nowadays I am more invested in my MOBA of choice Dota2, Adventure Time, and working with my startup.  I am also a fan of Star Wars (just not as hardcore as some), and I <3 Batman.  His struggle is real. 

That's about it :) I hope to meet some of you at Fanime!