FanimeCon Events and Discussionmentarianism > Dealers Room

Bootlegs/Counterfits in the Dealers Hall

(1/5) > >>

Dajoo:
Due to problems that have arisen in the past I would like to post that Fanime has a zero tolerance for Bootlegs & Counterfits in the Dealers Hall.

If anyone notices a bootleg / suspicious item in the Hall please alert Dealers Staff of the company and the item and we will follow up. Some vendors won't have a bootleg where we can see it, but if an attendee asks for such and such a plush they might pull it from under their table/out of visual sight. If a vendor pulls an item out from non viewable stock look it over carefully or alert Dealers Staff if you don't know how.

Please do not take it upon yourself to confront the vendor, leave that to our staff. If you are looking for Dealers staff you can find us at the booth up front or starting 2014 look for staffers wearing Blue Tom Nook aprons that also say FanimeCon.
If you have any concerns regarding treament please let us know as well.

The other thing to note is we do allow "Doujin" items. "Doujin Items" are ones that are of licensed characters, but are original artwork done in a differing style by an artist on the vendor's staff. Typical "Doujin Items" in the past have included actual Doujinishi, t-shirts, dakimakura covers, and wall scrolls. If you have a concern regarding these let staff know and we'll follow up.

Post convention if there are issues you can PM me here on the forums or contact dealers at fanime dot com.

Kuudere:

--- Quote from: Dajoo on March 25, 2014, 02:27:27 AM ---If you are looking for Dealers staff you can find us at the booth up front or starting 2014 look for staffers wearing Blue Tom Nook aprons that also say FanimeCon.

--- End quote ---

I just wanted to say that this is really cute and fitting for the Dealers Staff. Although I may feel inclined to avoid them out of fear that they'll want me to repay some loan or something...

Anyway, glad you guys are looking out for these things! I've ran into some counterfeit issues before where we didn't know what to do until Fanime was over and it was too late. It's good to know that the staff will have our backs if we need them to help.

miku2013:
I bought a counterfeits figma from abctoy4me last year...

Hachimitsu-ink:

--- Quote from: miku2013 on May 10, 2014, 08:04:22 AM ---I bought a counterfeits figma from abctoy4me last year...

--- End quote ---

Sorry to hear that but your not alone, I bought Claire (from Claymore) and it was also counterfeit. I should have checked my phone and see if it's official or not but I got a lot of mean looks from them saying "no photos". this was like.. 2-3 years ago.

Dajoo:

--- Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on May 12, 2014, 02:37:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: miku2013 on May 10, 2014, 08:04:22 AM ---I bought a counterfeits figma from abctoy4me last year...

--- End quote ---

Sorry to hear that but your not alone, I bought Claire (from Claymore) and it was also counterfeit. I should have checked my phone and see if it's official or not but I got a lot of mean looks from them saying "no photos". this was like.. 2-3 years ago.

--- End quote ---

There is an old saying once is a fluke. Twice is a coincedence. Three times is a pattern. I will personally go over their stock this year to keep a pattern from forming.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version