FanimeCon Events and Discussionmentarianism > Dealers Room

Bootlegs/Counterfits in the Dealers Hall

<< < (3/5) > >>

seerakosumosu:
Yes, most of them were fakes, but I did see legitimate Arpakasso plushies at two other booths besides the one you mentioned.

spycker:
ive noticed a vendor selling Hallmark items re-wrapped and priced higher than the original MSRP...is that legit to do?

NetBelleAnie:
I wish I had red this before I left con, since I know I saw a booth selling bootleg My Little Pony plushies. I didn't buy any but I'm sure some other fans will be upset.

Admiral Donuts:
I'm pretty sure the "Luffy Pirates" items that were part of the charity auction were bootlegs.

Dajoo:

--- Quote from: Admiral Donuts on May 27, 2014, 05:26:55 PM ---I'm pretty sure the "Luffy Pirates" items that were part of the charity auction were bootlegs.

--- End quote ---

If you are referring to the Ussop/Nami tile art those came directly from Viz. The pins were brought back from Japan by a friend of mine that used to do swap meets, so I'm certain those are legit as well.

I want people to know we check all the items on the silent auction table carefully, as it would be quite embarrassing if Fanime violated its own bootleg policies.

--- Quote from: NetBelleAnie on May 27, 2014, 05:01:39 PM ---I wish I had red this before I left con, since I know I saw a booth selling bootleg My Little Pony plushies. I didn't buy any but I'm sure some other fans will be upset.

--- End quote ---

We were aware of these, but allowed them to stay as they were different from the licensed ones, did not bear any trademark id (Hasbro/My Little Pony) and they had proof that they were homemade like plushies found in the artist alley.

--- Quote from: spycker on May 26, 2014, 08:32:58 PM ---ive noticed a vendor selling Hallmark items re-wrapped and priced higher than the original MSRP...is that legit to do?

--- End quote ---

It is perfectly legit. That is how the entire collectors/vintage world works. Otherwise that Babe Ruth rookie card would still be worth only a penny.

--- Quote from: 4Devas on May 26, 2014, 11:37:00 AM ---There have been far too many arpakasso alpaca bootlegs. Only one stall sells legitimate ones (at a very good price at that).
That stall is the only one that carries the other signature Arpakasso/amuse product Wooly the sheep
http://d1nr5wevwcuzuv.cloudfront.net/product_photos/1903510/CIMG0126__E5_89_AF_E6_9C_AC_original.jpg

Although, someone from a fake-selling stall stopped me and took a picture of the one I was holding, so be on a look out for fake woolies in the coming years.

It's a real shame since I see so many girls buying out fake, wonky alpacas labeled as llamas for high prices than the real ones.
See: 35-38$ VS ~40$+

--- End quote ---

I was unaware that there was a brand behind these. I will see what I can do about controlling this issue in the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version