FanimeCon Events and Discussionmentarianism > Dealers Room

Bootlegs/Counterfits in the Dealers Hall

<< < (4/5) > >>

GokuMew2:
There was a booth at one of the ends of the lanes that sold wall scrolls of illustrations. The wall scrolls were not licensed and the illustrations were quite obviously fan art. I have no problem with people selling their art in the dealer's room, but to be honest I couldn't tell if the art belonged to that person. There were illustrations of many different styles that didn't seem like they would be drawn by the same person. I could be wrong, but there was a red flag raised in my mind, especially since using art stolen from DA and Pixiv to create merchandise for profit is not uncommon.

InsaneChan:

--- Quote ---
I was unaware that there was a brand behind these. I will see what I can do about controlling this issue in the future.

--- End quote ---

Yes, Amuse is a Japanese company that produces toys for UFO catchers in Japan. But, the alpaca/alpakasso series is incredibly famous and because of the mass crazy to get them, many companies in China began producing counterfeit/non-Amuse brand alpacas. I don't know how Amuse feels about this, but the Chinese companies have even begun to replicate the "Amuse" tags, so many websites have popped up to tell fans which alpaca's are fake and which are legit.

anselmus14:
I definitely saw some DVDs that looked kinda fishy, but how can you say anything if you're not sure? I feel like it's a serious accusation to make.

Kanameshito:
If you see anything that you believe 100% or think might be bootleg you should take the time to mention it to the staff members up front no matter what. If they aren't bootlegs it will work out for the dealer if they are they are F'd

Dajoo:

--- Quote from: Kanameshito on June 01, 2014, 05:27:53 PM ---If you see anything that you believe 100% or think might be bootleg you should take the time to mention it to the staff members up front no matter what. If they aren't bootlegs it will work out for the dealer if they are they are F'd

--- End quote ---

Couldn't do said it better. Outside of gross lack of safety or concern for con-goers, bootlegs are the only reason we would kick a vendor out, especially during the show.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version