FanimeCon Events and Discussionmentarianism > Dealers Room

Bootlegs/Counterfits in the Dealers Hall

<< < (2/5) > >>

Haseo:
I was wondering but how do you tell the difference from real merchandise to counterfeit? This si my second time at Fanime or a convention in general so I really don't know how to tell the difference.

Admiral Donuts:

--- Quote from: Haseo on May 14, 2014, 09:34:47 AM ---I was wondering but how do you tell the difference from real merchandise to counterfeit? This si my second time at Fanime or a convention in general so I really don't know how to tell the difference.

--- End quote ---

It depends on the products, but a few of the big things to looks for are the brands on the packaging and coloring.

Anix:
The inks should be vibrant and non blurry for the packaging. Look for holographic/foil stickers (not all products have them). Paint on the product should be smooth. Fabric edges should be finished.

frumpy:

--- Quote from: Anix on May 14, 2014, 11:17:13 PM ---The inks should be vibrant and non blurry for the packaging. Look for holographic/foil stickers (not all products have them). Paint on the product should be smooth. Fabric edges should be finished.

--- End quote ---

FYI - Some holographic/foil stickers have been counterfeited as well. ie: Fake blue Studio Pierrot (they have the Naruto license) stickers are off center and have a less vibrant hue of blue.

Also, I forgot the name of the Japanese company - it's the one that's usually gold and has a bear mascot on the sticker. Those have been counterfeited as well because they hold licenses for Bleach toys. The fake stickers have "solid" dots for eyes on the bear. The real stickers, you can see the bear has actual white of eyes + pupils.

If I can find my "fake" samples, I'll try to have it at the Fanime Dealer's table for everyone to see.

4Devas:
There have been far too many arpakasso alpaca bootlegs. Only one stall sells legitimate ones (at a very good price at that).
That stall is the only one that carries the other signature Arpakasso/amuse product Wooly the sheep
http://d1nr5wevwcuzuv.cloudfront.net/product_photos/1903510/CIMG0126__E5_89_AF_E6_9C_AC_original.jpg

Although, someone from a fake-selling stall stopped me and took a picture of the one I was holding, so be on a look out for fake woolies in the coming years.

It's a real shame since I see so many girls buying out fake, wonky alpacas labeled as llamas for high prices than the real ones.
See: 35-38$ VS ~40$+

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version