Staff + Volunteer?

Started by airanimechiic, April 07, 2014, 01:02:14 AM

airanimechiic

Hi!
I'm new to this and I was wondering whether or not its possible to staff for 2 departments? I have not had any replies from any department yet and its April now.
On the other hand, I was accepted into a volunteer position that doesn't fill enough hours to reimburse my entire badge, so I was wondering is it possible to both volunteer for 1 department and staff for another department to make up the missing hours?
Lastly, I was wondering if I have a volunteer spot that doesn't fill all hours, would part of my badge be reimbursed or-???
Thank you!
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

Anix

Typically in the past they have frowned on people staffing for two departments. It is a little different for volunteers though.

To get reimbursed on a badge you do have to go through Volunteers even if you are dedicated volunteering for one department.  Typically Vol HQ is good about getting people the extra hours they need though....Always more door gaurds needed.

You can contact the volunteer department at volunteers at fanime dot com
We are a little mad here.
The question is are you going to use your powers for good or for awesome

ewu

Typically you will not be accepted as staff unless you can complete the required hours. However, registration is always looking for staffers and often will offer to split staffers with departments that do not have enough hours to meet the staffing requirement. Please contact the department head that accepted your application and they should have info about completing supplemental hours. If not, have them contact me. My info is below in the sig.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

airanimechiic

@Anix: Thanks!

Quote from: ewu on April 07, 2014, 12:01:46 PM
Typically you will not be accepted as staff unless you can complete the required hours. However, registration is always looking for staffers and often will offer to split staffers with departments that do not have enough hours to meet the staffing requirement. Please contact the department head that accepted your application and they should have info about completing supplemental hours. If not, have them contact me. My info is below in the sig.

I actually have not been contacted by any of the departments yet, which is my initial concern.
But I guess one of my main confusion is, for example, staff is required to complete 24 hours right? So is it possible to volunteer Fanimaid for 10hours and staff Guest relations or Extravaganzas (which is what I applied for) for 14hours? Would that total as 24 hours? Or does it need to be specifically 24hours dedicated only to staff?
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

ewu

I'm not too certain about it, but I think maids have completed their hours with registration in the past.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

ewu

Registration is looking for staff who need hours after you fulfill the duties of your department! Please visit this link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eOMQxHFdELpgUXK_qUShuXS27Brr0RXGOXK8C2zKI-w/viewform

Registration will confirm with your department head about your interest in helping Reg! Reg has already been approached by many other staff members as they are worried about their hours or would like to help registration out in general. If you find that you would like to need more hours or would like to help Registration, please do so with the form above!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom