Items to bring for badge pickup

Started by sjamison1427, April 09, 2014, 08:44:32 PM

sjamison1427

I am just confirming that in order to pick up your badge you will need to bring a valid government issued ID as well as a printed copy of the confirmation email.

I keep feeling like I am forgetting something. Is there anything else I should bring with me when picking up my badge?

Thanks!
  Scott
Fanime 2014 Cosplays
========================
Watson - Sherlock Holmes
Ichigo  - Bleach
Zorro [lost a bet!]

Admiral Donuts

Don't forget it has to be a photo ID.

Other than that, there's nothing you need, but you should bring stuff to eat, drink, and kill time.

sjamison1427

Cool, so my state of Massachusetts driver's license will be more than sufficient.

Additionally I have a question in regards to conduct while in line. Would it be acceptable for my sister to hold my place in line if I were to need to use the men's room? Would I simply notify a staff member of the situation?
Fanime 2014 Cosplays
========================
Watson - Sherlock Holmes
Ichigo  - Bleach
Zorro [lost a bet!]

Yura

Quote from: sjamison1427 on April 09, 2014, 09:07:37 PM
Cool, so my state of Massachusetts driver's license will be more than sufficient.

Additionally I have a question in regards to conduct while in line. Would it be acceptable for my sister to hold my place in line if I were to need to use the men's room? Would I simply notify a staff member of the situation?

You'll be fine. Just tell the person behind you that you're gonna use the restroom and your sister is going to watch your place for a few minutes. Worse case scenario..If you're next in line and need to use the restroom I think you should tell the staff member if anything. :)

SOawesomeness

Sorry- this year, we are absolutely requiring your e-postcard printed out and with you, along with your photo ID.

Again, please bring:
-E-Postcard, e-mailed to you in early May - it will have pick-up instructions and a code on it for check-in
-Valid Photo ID
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

hikanteki

Quote from: sjamison1427 on April 09, 2014, 08:44:32 PM
I keep feeling like I am forgetting something. Is there anything else I should bring with me when picking up my badge?

Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  :P

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: SOawesomeness on April 10, 2014, 09:38:40 AM
Sorry- this year, we are absolutely requiring your e-postcard printed out and with you, along with your photo ID.

I'm glad to hear it. But what happens if someone doesn't have it? Do they get told to come back tomorrow?

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on April 10, 2014, 11:13:30 AM
Quote from: SOawesomeness on April 10, 2014, 09:38:40 AM

I'm glad to hear it. But what happens if someone doesn't have it? Do they get told to come back tomorrow?
They can use their smart phones with the code pulled up, or ask the nearby hotels if they can use their business center + printer.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

yocchan-san

I recently moved to California but don't have a CA State I.D. yet, just my Delaware I.D. On my Pre-reg info, though, I put my California address. Will that cause any issues for badge pick up or should I bring my passport, instead?

Admiral Donuts

I'm not staff but in previous years I just used my (Canadian) passport and that had a different address than I used to register. I think they're only concerned that the name matches the photo.

SOawesomeness

Quote from: yocchan-san on April 14, 2014, 10:27:29 AM
I recently moved to California but don't have a CA State I.D. yet, just my Delaware I.D. On my Pre-reg info, though, I put my California address. Will that cause any issues for badge pick up or should I bring my passport, instead?
Yes. As long as the name of the membership matches your valid ID and you have the confirmation e-mail we will send you in May, then that will be enough.

If there are problems with your membership during the time of pick-up, I would advise to bring something that also displays your name and your current California address like a utility bill.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

sjamison1427

Around what time in May should I expect this e-mail? Sometimes e-mails get buried in my spam box.
Fanime 2014 Cosplays
========================
Watson - Sherlock Holmes
Ichigo  - Bleach
Zorro [lost a bet!]

EJAY420

Check everyday. Both inbox and spam inbox. 
Most Impressive.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: sjamison1427 on April 24, 2014, 02:09:48 PM
Around what time in May should I expect this e-mail? Sometimes e-mails get buried in my spam box.

Someone will probably post on the forums once they go out.

SOawesomeness

I don't have an exact time frame. I would say in two weeks. We'll be giving out announcements once we do send them out.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

sjamison1427

Quote from: SOawesomeness on May 01, 2014, 12:44:49 PM
I don't have an exact time frame. I would say in two weeks. We'll be giving out announcements once we do send them out.
Fantastic, thank you for answering that. One additional question I had was what if someone didn't receive that e-mail for whatever reason? Is there a number for Registration that we can call in regards to any issues that pop up?

Fanime 2014 Cosplays
========================
Watson - Sherlock Holmes
Ichigo  - Bleach
Zorro [lost a bet!]

SOawesomeness

Quote from: sjamison1427 on May 02, 2014, 10:39:21 AM
Quote from: SOawesomeness on May 01, 2014, 12:44:49 PM
Fantastic, thank you for answering that. One additional question I had was what if someone didn't receive that e-mail for whatever reason? Is there a number for Registration that we can call in regards to any issues that pop up?
By then, there will be no number to call. At that time, you can get it resent via our new website using the "resend confirmation e-mail" link. It may take some time to get put up, however!

Thanks.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration