Status of Panel Approvals

Started by CeruleanRogue, April 12, 2014, 10:54:02 PM

CeruleanRogue

Is there any update to the status of approvals for panels?  I'm still waiting to hear on my two panels, and the only word I've gotten was over on the Fanime Panels Twitter from 4/7, stating their main scheduler was having major tech issues.  With all the other issues in communication this year has already had, can those of us who are waiting please get some updated info?

PacificPikachu

I'm getting a bit antsy, too. I haven't heard anything back yet either. My panel was a big success last year and I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be on again this year. Hope we get approvals soon!

keitoghostie

Not much to add except that I'm feeling the same way :(

Yaoi415

According to a fanime staffing friend, fanime in general has meetings. The panels that are on Twitter are amongst the first and second round that have already gotten approved by fanime and confirmed by the host/s. Because most of the fanime people running it have jobs/school, the meetings are a little separated but I hope you get a confirmation soon. My panel has already been confirmed but I know how frustrating it can be to wait.

splitimagecosplay

I'm feeling the same way about the fan events. Nothing. I've emailed them and I'm not even getting a reply back from them. I've emailed panels and they actually take the time to get back with you. I'm wondering if we should just resubmit our fan events as a panel instead.

I have a huge group of 15 people waiting to hear about whether or not our stuff is go so I can start buying things to run it. It's getting so late that I'm nearly pulling my hair out with anxiety.
Thursday:
Free! - Rin & Haru - Letterman

Friday:
Ouran - Hitachiin - Wonderland
Attack on Titan - Titan Pajamas

Sauturday:
Attack on Titan - Scout Corps uniform

Sunday:
AoEx - Rin & Yukio
No.6 - Eve & Hamlet

Monday:
No.6 - Nezumi and Shion

keitoghostie

Quote from: Yaoi415 on April 14, 2014, 08:09:35 AM
According to a fanime staffing friend, fanime in general has meetings. The panels that are on Twitter are amongst the first and second round that have already gotten approved by fanime and confirmed by the host/s. Because most of the fanime people running it have jobs/school, the meetings are a little separated but I hope you get a confirmation soon. My panel has already been confirmed but I know how frustrating it can be to wait.
If that's the case, it looks like the next staff meeting is this Saturday so hopefully that equals news coming up soon!

CeruleanRogue

Just saw this update via their Twitter:

'Computer issues should be resolved. Scheduling will resume later this evening. We really apologize for the extra delays.'

While I wish they had been more vocal about the delay (since not everyone uses Twitter), I'm glad they're planning to move forward.

Glitch

I'm wondering when the last round of approvals will happen.

I know that separate panels I applied for last year got approved at different times.

Dilemma

Ditto on the fan events thing. Last year I didn't hear about my fan event's scheduling for mine until like May 7th, 2 weeks before con @_@

This was, as I understood it however, because fan events are scheduled in rooms that other events will be using so they can't schedule them until they're sure about whatever else is scheduled in the room they're looking at for your event. I could be wrong, just what I gathered from last year. Not sure if this helps anyone or just makes it worse, haha.

Alsoooo I submitted my event as a panel this year because of this problem and a few more I had, and was told that my event would better be suited as a fan event and to resubmit there. So, I don't know if submitting as a panel would help if it really is more of an event than a traditional panel.

keitoghostie

Via the panels twitter !!
QuoteWe are scheduling as quickly as we can & hope to have all responses out by next Thu.
[source]

I'm glad to have an ETA right now!! Even if it's a bit later than next week it's nice to know I'll be hearing about it before May.

PacificPikachu

My panel has been accepted! Phew, what a relief! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting--I hope you all get your accepted e-mail soon!

Angelx624

Still waiting to hear about both of my panels. Though not all that worried. I'm sure I'll hear about them, soon!
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Glitch

Looks like we all got the late rounds of approval. Mine got approved a few days ago. ^_^
I look forward to what everybody else has in store for us at Fanime's panel rooms.

Angelx624

Well, one of my panels got approved! ;D Now waiting on the other one. ^^

Can't wait to give my Kuro panel, though. I've been getting back into the franchise so I'm so happy it got accepted. <333
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

melancholyfox

Will anything information on panels be listed on the website at any point before the convention or are we going to have to wait for a majority of info about the panels/con in general until day 0? It would be really nice to know what to expect before the con and such info is usually expected...well, a long time ago, but since we're less than a month away, then will anything come up in the next couple of weeks? At all?

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: melancholyfox on April 24, 2014, 02:43:41 PM
Will anything information on panels be listed on the website at any point before the convention or are we going to have to wait for a majority of info about the panels/con in general until day 0? It would be really nice to know what to expect before the con and such info is usually expected...well, a long time ago, but since we're less than a month away, then will anything come up in the next couple of weeks? At all?

The schedule might come out about a week before then.

DaKree~

We submitted our panels almost on the first day panel submissions were accepted. Had to answer some questions a week ago due to some issues about it. We haven't heard an answer since, and it's getting really bad, since we actually require tryouts for our panel.

Angelx624

Quote from: DaKree~ on April 26, 2014, 12:14:43 PM
We submitted our panels almost on the first day panel submissions were accepted. Had to answer some questions a week ago due to some issues about it. We haven't heard an answer since, and it's getting really bad, since we actually require tryouts for our panel.
I'm still waiting to hear about my last panel, and according to their twitter they mentioned having 49 more hours or so to fill and they sent out 20 more confirmations or something. Getting kinda worried. :/
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Kava

Hey everyone.

I'm sincerely sorry that everything is so late this year. Not that it helps you to know, but when things are this late, it's much harder on me as well. Part of the reason you haven't heard from me much is because I thought it was better to spend what time I had on actual scheduling rather than trying to respond to every query of, 'but when will we know?!'.

Our goal this year was to get the submission form up by Last October. We had a very early setback when right at the end of July last year, I was in a very bad car accident and was unable to be on the computer for a couple of months. I am doing better now, though not fully recovered, and still walking with a limp. This pushed things back a couple of months at least. It's also made my schedule more hectic, because I have 4-5 doctor appointments per week, in addition to my normal schedule.

Unrelated, I went from two computers to one computer, and then that one computer started randomly freezing with a black screen and requiring hard reboots. This meant that I often had less time to get things done, because I'd have to spend 10-15 minutes re-booting the computer, etc. Finally, the black screens became so frequent (sometimes every five or ten minutes), that I wasn't able to get anything done at all. It then went in for repairs for a week (they told me 2-3 days, but it took a week). The computer is working well now, and I'm doing my best to get things finished as quickly as possible.

While the department seconds have been handling as much as they could for me, no one else is currently trained to make the schedule, so I'm afraid it's me you're waiting on. My sincerest apologies. It's been a rough year.

We've had, as usual, far more submissions than I will be able to schedule this year. Since I am also the one making the Fan Events schedule, I'm afraid people waiting for information on Fan Events are waiting on me as well. A lot of people submitted panels that would work better in the Fan Events room, and so I've been trying to sort all of those out of the Panel submissions and give them tentative times in the Fan Events room, which is why no Fan Events have yet received a time or day.

Again, I'm really sorry. I know that it's hard on all of you for things to go this late. Not every panel submitted will make it onto the schedule, but some will get offers to go into the Fan Events room instead, and we don't have so many Fan Event submissions that we won't have time for them all, so all of those will probably get in.

I'm going to get back to the schedule now. Gomenasai.
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

keitoghostie

While I'm still waiting to hear back on one more of mine, I really appreciate the update and also find it nice to know the backstory behind the lateness!
I'm glad you're doing better and, as an attendee and repeat panelist, I'm glad that the issues were a result of incidental happenings and not a symptom of a larger problem (like overcrowding/understaffing/etc)

Thank you so much for your hard work despite the difficulties - if there's any assistance I can provide in the future, let me know!