I need help

Started by warbearer, April 13, 2014, 07:28:14 PM

warbearer

If there is a stalker or somebody that is been bothering or harassing me, who do I report to?

kookiekween99

At con, you would most likely talk to a rover, or if you can't find one, go to Con Ops.

If you're talking about something outside of con, that's a different story.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: warbearer on April 13, 2014, 07:28:14 PM
If there is a stalker or somebody that is been bothering or harassing me, who do I report to?

Like... on the forums?

Yura

Like Kookie said..Try to find a rover and they will deal with the stalker. Rovers would usually be wearing an ear piece, walkie talkie, and/or green(?) armband that says "rover". If you can't find one, then behind your badge there is a number to con ops. Call them and they'll assist you with your situation. Be sure to go with in groups so they (stalkers) won't harass you or anything while you're alone.

If its on the forum's, I think you should pm ewu (mod/admin) about that.

warbearer

Quote from: Yura on April 13, 2014, 07:57:47 PM
Like Kookie said..Try to find a rover and they will deal with the stalker. Rovers would usually be wearing an ear piece, walkie talkie, and/or green(?) armband that says "rover". If you can't find one, then behind your badge there is a number to con ops. Call them and they'll assist you with your situation. Be sure to go with in groups so they (stalkers) won't harass you or anything while you're alone.

If its on the forum's, I think you should pm ewu (mod/admin) about that.

Quote from: kookiekween99 on April 13, 2014, 07:33:38 PM
At con, you would most likely talk to a rover, or if you can't find one, go to Con Ops.

If you're talking about something outside of con, that's a different story.

Thanks you. Yes it is within the con.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: warbearer on April 13, 2014, 08:04:40 PM

It depends which part of the con you're in. Con staff is always someone you should talk to. If it's in one of the hotels or nearby then talk to their staff or possibly the police.

The way you worded your question makes me think this is something that's ongoing or you think is inevitable, in which case I'd bring your concerns to roversATfanimeDOTcom now.

ewu

If you have concerns right now for this year's convention, please send me an email at ericATfanimeDOTcom and I can direct you to someone that can help.

Thanks,
Eric
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

warbearer

Quote from: ewu on April 14, 2014, 01:13:07 PM
If you have concerns right now for this year's convention, please send me an email at ericATfanimeDOTcom and I can direct you to someone that can help.

Thanks,
Eric

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on April 13, 2014, 08:59:21 PM
Quote from: warbearer on April 13, 2014, 08:04:40 PM

Thanks. I don't know if I should tell them since it is kind of personal.

Yura

I'm going to assume you wrote that you're not sure if you should tell them the situation since it is personal. If they don't know the problem then I don't think they can do much. They have to know in order to make your stay at Fanime worthwhile. I'm sure you can tell them some sort of reason why that person might be stalking you.

I mean you have some options to take into consideration before and during con.

• Email ewu and he can direct you to someone that can maybe give you some options to take during your stay at Fanime.
  • Look for nearby staff members that can help, and tell them a person might be stalking you. They'll probably call a rover to assist you.
  • During Fanime..Call Con-Ops. They will try to help you in any way to make you feel safe. They could possibly escalate the situation by calling the police if you believe that things aren't getting any better.
  • Worse case scenario..Look for SJ police officers walking around during the con. They are usually inside/outside the convention center. Tell them your situation and they can deal with the stalker.

ewu

Well we would not want you to share information that you are not comfortable with sharing. However, we are also no able to help you if we do not have information to help you out. I would suggest you contact us and we can let you know what we need to assess the problem and you can take it one step at a time. If you feel like we are asking you to share information that you are not comfortable sharing, then we can work with you to accomplish your goals while maintaining the level of confidentiality that you would like with regard to that specific information.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

warbearer

Quote from: Yura on April 14, 2014, 10:50:46 PM
I'm going to assume you wrote that you're not sure if you should tell them the situation since it is personal. If they don't know the problem then I don't think they can do much. They have to know in order to make your stay at Fanime worthwhile. I'm sure you can tell them some sort of reason why that person might be stalking you.

I mean you have some options to take into consideration before and during con.

• Email ewu and he can direct you to someone that can maybe give you some options to take during your stay at Fanime.
  • Look for nearby staff members that can help, and tell them a person might be stalking you. They'll probably call a rover to assist you.
  • During Fanime..Call Con-Ops. They will try to help you in any way to make you feel safe. They could possibly escalate the situation by calling the police if you believe that things aren't getting any better.
  • Worse case scenario..Look for SJ police officers walking around during the con. They are usually inside/outside the convention center. Tell them your situation and they can deal with the stalker.

I will consider these and maybe I should tell them about that guy