Night Vale Fan Panel 2016!

Started by Vasyenka, April 24, 2014, 06:05:26 PM

Vasyenka

PLEASE NOTE:
We are NOT affiliated/endorsed with or by Commonplace Books!We are NOT affiliated/endorsed with or by Commonplace Books! All physical interpretations of the Night Vale cast within this panel are presented by the wearer's own perceptions, and are by NO MEANS a set "canon". We welcome and encourage creativity in regards to this - thank you!

Panel information:
Date: TBA
Time: TBA
Panel Description: "Ever wanted to ask your favorite Welcome to Night Vale character a question between radio recordings? Come join us for a mock episode and an ask panel featuring a fan-interpreted cosplay cast of Night Vale citizens! Please note that we are NOT affiliated/endorsed with or by Commonplace Books."

12/07/14: Hey everyone! Due to the AWESOME success we had last year, our group will be working to present another WTNV panel at Fanime 2015 this year - alongside a fan made episode, and, FINGERS CROSSED a possible Strexcorp related event! Also, last year's panel can be viewed here: http://youtu.be/Fj9iYrYIboM

02/16/15: AUDITIONS ARE OPEN! Because Fanime perceives this as a possibly large panel, we're looking for other enthusiastic fans of the podcast to participate with us via audition. Please note that we are OPEN to all interpretations of the WTNV cast, and we ask that you're respectful to others and their opinions regarding the show if you're interested in joining us. After all, we're all in this to have fun, mingle, and meet other fans of this brilliant podcast! ;y

03/21/16: Hey everyone! We got a late start this year, but we're planning on doing another WTNV panel~ :D As always, we're looking for more cast members~ <3
Accepted characters:

• Carlos the Scientist (Vasyenka)
  • Kevin (TheMidnightWaffle)
  • Hooded Figure (ZerachielAmora)
  • Cecil G. Palmer (hitintothecove)
  • Steve Carlsberg (Seismogenic)
  • Earl Harlan (tecoffey17)

Characters we do not have:

• Anyone else not listed in 'Accepted characters'~ c:

If you're interested in joining our cast, please fill out the audition application below. I would also like to meet with the cast hopefully the day of the panel to go over over what will be happening, what we'll be performing, and basically the 411 overall. More details of this will be discussed after the auditions! c: Also, please keep in mind that this is an all ages panel! Also, we do have a Skype group, and I'd prefer we practice over Skype, though it's not entirely necessary~

Auditions are now OPEN!

Please send your audition application to "pilot(underscore)duo(at)hotmail(dot)com" (subject: "FANIME NIGHT VALE PANEL APPLICATION") with the following:

• Name:
  • Character you wish to apply for:
  • Photo of your cosplay OR cosplay WIP OR past costumes:
  • Any past panel experience:
Please answer the following IN-CHARACTER:

• Hello! Who are you?
  • What brings you to Night Vale?
  • What do you think of Desert Bluffs?
  • What are your preventive measures for Street Cleaning Day?
  • Could you direct me to the Night Vale Community Radio station?
  • Have you had any encounters with Erika, the totally-not-an-illegal-angel with a singular name?
  • ALL HAIL THE GLOWCLOUD:
  • Have you ever tried smuggling wheat or wheat byproducts?
  • What do you do for fun?
  • What do you think of the perfect stranger who arrived to Night Vale three years ago?

We'll send a confirmation after we've received your audition, and will keep auditions open until 04/30/16. Any questions at all, please post here, PM me, or send me an e-mail and I'll answer to the best of my ability! c: Thank you for your time, and we look forward to seeing you at the panel! <3
Fanimu 2022 Cosplay Lineup:
[Rutile] [Zhongli] [Sakuya Izayoi] [Tifa Lockhart] [Chain Chompette]

Vasyenka

List updated, and deadline changed~ c:

thrdplanet

will you still be accepting applications for this, because if so i'd love to try out as Lauren Mallard! (new station program director)
Fanime 2014 Cosplay Lineup:
Levy Mcgarden (fairy Tail) | America (Hetalia) - Lauren Mallard (WTNV) | Levy McGarden (fairy tail) - Punk!Crockertier Jane (homestuck) | Punk!Crockertier Jane (homestuck)

Vasyenka

Absolutely! Please apply, we'd love to have a Lauren as well~ c:

This upcoming week is finals for me, so I changed the deadline ahahaha~ ;w; As usual, any questions at all please send them my way~ c:

thrdplanet

Quote from: Vasyenka on May 03, 2014, 11:15:55 PM
Absolutely! Please apply, we'd love to have a Lauren as well~ c:

This upcoming week is finals for me, so I changed the deadline ahahaha~ ;w; As usual, any questions at all please send them my way~ c:

alright, just emailed my application!
Fanime 2014 Cosplay Lineup:
Levy Mcgarden (fairy Tail) | America (Hetalia) - Lauren Mallard (WTNV) | Levy McGarden (fairy tail) - Punk!Crockertier Jane (homestuck) | Punk!Crockertier Jane (homestuck)

Vasyenka

Aaand list updated again! Added some character's we'd like to have in particular, however we totally appreciate all we can get in the meanwhile~ :y

Tenya

I am so incredibly tempted to send in an audition for Steve Carlsberg.
(Even though my headcanon is that he's a completely generic boring-looking dude, so it wouldn't be a terribly exciting cosplay.)

Vasyenka

Ahhhh we'd love to have a Steve Carlsberg! As I've said, we're open to all interpretations of him~ c: (ha ha my gf's personal headcanon of him wears a beanie and a tin foil hat underneath lol)

Tenya

Right on!
I realize I'm toeing the deadline like nobody's business here, but I'll try my darndest to get that application in tonight.
I assume you want the questions answered in a video? (Or is just plain audio ok since this is a panel based on a radio show? I ask mostly because the lighting in my apartment sucks at night.)

Vasyenka

That's totally fine, please feel free to turn it in as soon as possible~ ^^ (I won't be home starting Monday, so ideally tomorrow/later today ha ha)

We don't necessarily require a video response, but more so of a written response. Think of it as giving us a preview as to how you will play your character. However, if you'd like to send a video response, by all means!

Tenya

Right on!
It is entirely possible that I missed you, seeing as it is 23 minutes until Monday, but on the off chance that I did not, you have email.
Even if I was, in fact, too late, I'm looking forward to watching this panel!

graphdesino

Hi there! I emailed you my panel application yesterday (I'm the Eternal Scout cosplayer). I hope I'm not too late to join in.

Vasyenka

Okay, e-mails have been sent out and auditions are closed! Thank you all, and please feel free to send us any questions about the panel thus far~ :y

Vasyenka

Hi everyone! I apologize for the late update on this thread, but I wanted to thank everyone who attended our panel this past year and the staff/volunteers that helped out as well - everything went over MUCH better than we predicted! One of our friends filmed the entire panel, along with the Hooded Figure's annotations, here on the YouTubes: http://youtu.be/Fj9iYrYIboM.

We're aiming to do this panel again, but we're shooting for a two hour slot, as this past year just went by way too fast! Things working right, we'd also like to put on a small fan made episode, which we'll be working on in the upcoming month. Interested in joining? Please let me know here or shoot me a PM, and I'll keep everything updated as often as possible~ c:

Vasyenka

Apologies for getting this started a little late, but AUDITIONS ARE NOW OPEN! Keep in mind that we're not only going to be answering questions this year, but we're also going to be performing a fan made episode for the panel! Any questions at all, please feel free to put them in this thread or PM me, thank you~ c:

Vasyenka

We're starting up our fake episode, and we would love to have an Earl Harlan! :D

Vasyenka

And accepted! Please refer to the first post for info~ ^^

Vasyenka

A little late, but first post edited! >w< Come join us <333