SHAFT Animation Gathering

Started by Kuudere, April 28, 2014, 10:11:56 AM

Kuudere

I would really like to host a SHAFT gathering this year, but I'm unsure if there will be enough interest, so I'm testing the waters out on here first before submitting an official request. Please post if you'd be interested in joining.

SHAFT is an amazing animation studio, headed by Akiyuki Shinbo, that is responsible for works like Madoka Magica, Bakemonogatari (and all its sequels), Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Arakawa Under the Bridge, Hidamari Sketch, Maria Holic, and more recently, Nisekoi and Mekakucity Actors. Here is a list of the other works they've done. They are famous for being a little out-of-the-box and stylistically different than other anime studios.

If you're cosplaying from any of these series (and the others that I did not list), let me know if this is something that you'd like to take part in!

TupacTheRobot

I thought about a Gen Urobuchi gathering which would consist of all the shows + visual novels he made (madoka, Psycho pass, fate/zero, gargantia, kamen rider gaim, saya no uta, dmmd, etc.)

Kuudere

I think that might get some interest, too. I think dmmd would get enough on its own. It's just a matter of finding people without having your thread thrown in the "looking for..." thread where no one will see it...

Which'll probably be where this goes within the next few days, haha.

a-yano

I'm not so sure how this would work out with Mekakucity Actors because I'm already organizing a gathering for it. I wouldn't like my gathering to be moved to another date and time (if the gathering head incorporates the MCA gathering into the SHAFT gathering) since I've spent about over two months so far planning this out, getting it confirmed, and waiting for other cosplayers to join... 

Kuudere

Quote from: a-yano on April 28, 2014, 07:39:06 PM
I'm not so sure how this would work out with Mekakucity Actors because I'm already organizing a gathering for it. I wouldn't like my gathering to be moved to another date and time (if the gathering head incorporates the MCA gathering into the SHAFT gathering) since I've spent about over two months so far planning this out, getting it confirmed, and waiting for other cosplayers to join... 
Oh no....it would not be a situation like that at all. It would just be an additional gathering that MCA cosplayers can attend if they'd like to, not one to replace the one specifically for them. Same with the Madoka one...Does that make sense? If they suggested to merge your gathering into this one, I would not agree to that because like you said, you've been working on that gathering for a long time now.

For example, Legend of Zelda cosplayers have their own gathering, but they can also go to the Nintendo gathering, since they are a part of that bigger family, as well. It'd be like that. If I did go through with making this (assuming there are enough people), I could even try to arrange it after your time so that you guys could join in afterwards without having to go change, assuming you were fine with that. You can PM me if you're not.  ;)