Hotel occupancy

Started by Chowshiki, April 30, 2014, 04:42:41 AM

Chowshiki

I booked a room at the Fairmont listed for single occupancy. If I have 2 extra people rooming with me will I be charged any fee?

questionette

In my experience with any hotel, just make sure it's not apparent that those extra people are staying with you.  It's in their hotel policy what they do with extra people staying in rooms (I say call in advance and inquire as a random person asking the question on the matter) With events like Fanime they pretty much expect more than the capacity number of people to be staying in the rooms. The only real issue I foresee is that they'll only give you one room key...and I don't know what you could say to get extras XD, since saying it's lost would probably deactivate the other.

ewu

So it's not just about charging for extra people in the room, but things like making sure that the building is not at capacity and that they have the staff present to properly serve you. Please accurately report your numbers or it ends up with poor service for you and definitely a safety issue if there is an emergency.

There is a reason that you must be an adult to book a room. Please be a responsible adult, because regardless of your intention you will be held accountable as a responsible adult if anything happens, your fault or not.

Quote from: questionette on April 30, 2014, 03:30:28 PM
In my experience with any hotel, just make sure it's not apparent that those extra people are staying with you.  It's in their hotel policy what they do with extra people staying in rooms (I say call in advance and inquire as a random person asking the question on the matter) With events like Fanime they pretty much expect more than the capacity number of people to be staying in the rooms. The only real issue I foresee is that they'll only give you one room key...and I don't know what you could say to get extras XD, since saying it's lost would probably deactivate the other.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: Chowshiki on April 30, 2014, 04:42:41 AM
If I have 2 extra people rooming with me will I be charged any fee?

You might be. So you should probably do this:

Quote from: questionette on April 30, 2014, 03:30:28 PM
(I say call in advance and inquire as a random person asking the question on the matter)

But don't forget this:

Quote from: ewu on April 30, 2014, 03:51:48 PM
There is a reason that you must be an adult to book a room. Please be a responsible adult, because regardless of your intention you will be held accountable as a responsible adult if anything happens, your fault or not.

Rooms generally have a max occupancy of four so you should be good to have three people staying, but you might have to pay for it.

otakuya

Speaking from experience, hotels need a general estimate of resources using occupancy counts. They all should have enough towels, sheets, and pillows, but it's mostly for housekeeping labor. Just don't make it too obvious that you're gonna trash the room.

Fanime has been in San Jose for more than 10 years now, so the hotels should know what the crowd is like by now.

ewu

Re: my above post...TL;DR don't be a dick....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom