Are you HYPED?!

Started by MomPacksMyLunch, April 30, 2014, 05:36:52 PM

MomPacksMyLunch

As fanime comes nearer, my mind strays away from classes and material I'm suppose to be studying and is hijacked by thoughts of fanime. How about it guys?

Tetsuo

In my opinion...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Everything else though, the new venue, the cosplayers, pretty much everything else other than
... I'm pretty goddamn hype for.

Amarok

I totally feel the same as you, Tetsuo! I am 100% clueless about western releases of all things anime/video games, whether it's dubs or subs or English translations of any kind (the one downside of being fluent in Japanese? :[ ), which means that I have no idea who most of the guests are since they're related to dubs of stuff. It would be nice to have more guests relevant to the Japanese side of things, or, as far as music goes, more modern/relevant stuff.

That said, I am going to just take that as an opportunity to get excited about everything else and participate in lots of things I usually don't have time for at cons since I'm stuck waiting in lines for guest panels, which won't be happening this year! I'm hoping to participate in the karaoke contest, speed dating, and maybe one or two of the cosplay gatherings. And I think not being interested in the guests just means it'll free up my schedule and let me take it easy more and go check out random stuff that's going on, so I'm still pretty hyped!

I'm also already having dreams about forgetting my cosplays at home and things like that... Anyone else? :P

Glitch

otakuya

It's the month of Fani-May. Soon the downtown banners will be up again (replacing the Sharks Territory banners unfortunately...)

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: Otakuya on May 01, 2014, 12:52:20 AM
It's the month of Fani-May. Soon the downtown banners will be up again (replacing the Sharks Territory banners unfortunately...)

Too bad about the Sharks, LA is now only the 4th NHL team to come back from a 3-0 series to win.

Dracil

I'm also with Tetsuo.  Haven't been very impressed with the Japanese musical guest announcements from the California cons this year so far.

Not sure what they're doing with the $1-1.5 million Fanime is getting (assuming 20k attendees at around $50-$75 badge price) but it certainly doesn't seem to be guests.  I've resorted to treating California cons as a make your own fun kind of thing as a result but I'm probably going to start dropping California cons for other states if it keeps up.

Definitely looking to the Fanimaid performances again this year though.

Yura

I'm sure most of the money goes towards renting the whole convention for 4 days. The rest are probably for Hotels (i.e. Fairmont, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton), supplies, publicity, and etc.

But who knows..I could be wrong. I know most people are really dissing Fanime this for their lackluster line up, AA, prices, and etc..but I'm sure it'll be better in upcoming years. It's a new convention with more space to walk and chill. Just trying to be optimistic here lol. Hope to see you and others in a few weeks. :)

Anyway..I'm pretty hype. With the new renovation being done..Being part of logistics, I can finally walk freely and see the beautiful scenery of cosplayer's and congoer's have fun. And not having bump into them when having to deliver heavy boxes and items. :D

Xanreo

Stoked to see Fanime taking place at the new convention center, dudes.

As soon as my cosplays are finished, I'll be so hyped!! Woot woot!!
Nice.

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

EJAY420

May is here. Fanime soon! :-)
Most Impressive.

kokosatou

Quote from: Tetsuo on April 30, 2014, 06:17:30 PM
In my opinion...

Everything else though, the new venue, the cosplayers, pretty much everything else other than

I agree with this. With the guest list Fanime is giving us, it might as well be "DubCon". Whoever the new organizer of this year is, he must really not know how to pick people for a large scale event like this. Literally everything is either a repeat guest, or a "safe pick". It wouldn't kill their funds if they were to hire someone more relevant to the current (or even last) seasons. Plus it's sad how there's no word on an idol group, or even the return of Halko Momoi. We're already this close to the con and it seems hopeless.

abcbadcat

I'm going to be DJing again this year for the dance (time TBD) so I'm pretty hype

Not super excited for the actual convention programming. I usually hang out in the game room 90% of the time and with friends

melancholyfox

In my opinion...

I couldn't have put my own thoughts into words any better than this; I completely 110% agree. To be honest this will probably be my last year of Fanime. I can only afford one big convention a year and I'd like to experience bigger, better ones from now on. My boyfriend made a good point; the Fanime attendance is growing but the organizers aren't doing enough to compensate for that. I've had fun at Fanime mostly in Gaming Hall, Dealer's Hall, and Artist's Alley. I'm excited to go on vacation for Memorial Day Weekend more than anything. And I'm excited to play games and shop and eat. I'm hyped to be away from home in an environment I can relate to more than my horrible home town. But next year I want to try out some other conventions.

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

aetherltd

Come on over to Clockwork Alchemy. Lots of things to do. Airship races. Martial arts demos. Steampunk fashion shows. LARPs. Movies. Game room. Steampunk ambience. More stuff than last year.

We have tea and cookies!

I'm hyped up. Our prep started months ago. Gears greased, pocket watches checked, costumes cleaned, props readied, minions recruited...

Preparing the Telegraph Office for Clockwork Alchemy. Real steampunk requires maintenance.
(Still looking for a few more minions.)

Makoto

All these dub actors

Who the hell cares. Animazement is getting a large chunk of the original Japanese Gundam cast (Who all have pretty sizable anime voice roles in general), Kotoko, Studio Trigger, another handful of Anime Producers/Directors...and we're getting some chick who played Bijou in Hamtaro god knows how many years ago?

If my ticket and room weren't already set, I probably wouldn't go, but damn Fanime, I had hope for the 20th Anniversary.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: aetherltd on May 04, 2014, 10:51:34 PM
Come on over to Clockwork Alchemy. Lots of things to do. Airship races. Martial arts demos. Steampunk fashion shows. LARPs. Movies. Game room. Steampunk ambience. More stuff than last year.

We have tea and cookies!

I've never been to Clockwork Alchemy, even though I've been going to Fanime since it started, it just never seems to fit into my schedule. Going to try to make it this year for sure, hopefully the schedules will be out soon.

Angelx624

In my opinion...

I agree with you!! I was hoping for more relevant music guests, myself! Though, Home Made Kazoku are pretty good from what I've heard of them, so I'm excited to see them. But personally(and this is just my personal opinion) I would've really loved for someone like SuG or LM.C as the other music guest. Heck, if they brought Yuya back, I'd be super hyped. But yes, getting guests can be hard, especially if they have busy schedules around the time of Fanime, so it is understandable.

As for the other guests, I'm excited to meet Tatum again. Met him at Sac-Anime summer last year, and he's pretty cool. Though yes, it'd be nice to have Japanese VAs come to Fanime since some fans watch anime subbed(I myself watch both subbed and dubbed so I like quite a few VAs on both sides). Though with a lot of them working on shows around this time, I imagine it'd be quite hard to get them.

But other than the guests, I'm really hyped!! I have a few new cosplays to debut this year, and I'll be at a good number of gatherings, so I can't wait!!
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Daiquirizachary

im more or least stressed at the moment but as soon as my cosplays are done ill be super excited hahaha
2017 cosplay list:
Nozomi Tojo- Love Live
Hinata - naruto
Team skull grunt- pokemon
Mikan - dangan ronpa 2