Hours for badge pick up day zero??

Started by freewayangel092, May 01, 2014, 08:16:11 PM

freewayangel092

Hey everyone
Just wondering if any hours for badge pickup for thursday day zero have been made or set???
Cant find anything...just trying to figure out if i need time off work...
Any help or info would be thankful!!!
thanks!!!!

EJAY420

Doesnt really matter, you are going to be in line for hours.......last year i got there at 10am. I was in line until I got my badge  11:30ish at night. It was just not worth it for me. I can get my badge within minites on FANIME Friday morning.

Swap meet was cool though, but that starts at night. Just be prepare to stay in line for hours. One room to another, to another, to a hallway, to another room...........really dreadful.
Most Impressive.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: freewayangel092 on May 01, 2014, 08:16:11 PM
Just wondering if any hours for badge pickup for thursday day zero have been made or set???

Nothing has changed since the last time you posted this thread.

sjamison1427

I've only picked up my badge on Day 0 once in the past. It was not very enjoyable. My best suggestion for you is to get there as early in the morning as you possibly can and be prepared for a very long wait.
Fanime 2014 Cosplays
========================
Watson - Sherlock Holmes
Ichigo  - Bleach
Zorro [lost a bet!]

Jesse Uppercut

It appears they updated the 2014 Registration FAQ and listed the hours for badge pickup:

San Jose Convention Center
150 W San Carlos St, San Jose, CA 95113
Lower level rooms in the new expansion

Clockwork Alchemy
Doubletree Hotel
2050 Gateway Plaza, San Jose, CA 95110

Hours
Thursday: 3pm – 8pm
Friday: 8am – 7pm
Saturday: 8am – 7pm
Sunday: 8am – 7pm
Monday: 8am – 12pm
*Hours are subject to change without notice
Follow your dreams, work hard, practice and persevere.

DangerHeart

Oh boy, looks like I'll be getting there around 10am..... Hope that's early enough.

Nazo

I get the feeling it's not going to be as bad since pick up is back at the convention center, though it will probably, still be a long wait...
"I WILL COSPLAY THIS ONE DAY" I say as I never start on the cosplay ever

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: crazymiggz on May 09, 2014, 09:50:30 AM
I get the feeling it's not going to be as bad since pick up is back at the convention center, though it will probably, still be a long wait...

Have to say I'm a firm believer that at least some of the chaos around registration last year was caused by having pickup at the Fairmont.  In the last three years, con events held there have never gone well.  There was registration in 2013, the swap meet in 2012 (45 minute wait and snaking through 2 rooms), and the B&W Ball in 2011 (hour wait, cramped inside, no bathroom access once in).  But since the swap meet and the ball were moved out of the hotel, they have gone MUCH smoother.  I'm hoping that will be the case with registration this year.  At least they let us do small group registration, which is nice since it means my roommate can load our stuff in the room while I get the badges, like we've done the last few years.

EJAY420

It doesnt matter what tine you get there, youre gonna get your badge at midnightish.
Most Impressive.

Nazo

Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on May 09, 2014, 01:32:17 PM
Quote from: crazymiggz on May 09, 2014, 09:50:30 AM

Have to say I'm a firm believer that at least some of the chaos around registration last year was caused by having pickup at the Fairmont.  In the last three years, con events held there have never gone well.  There was registration in 2013, the swap meet in 2012 (45 minute wait and snaking through 2 rooms), and the B&W Ball in 2011 (hour wait, cramped inside, no bathroom access once in).  But since the swap meet and the ball were moved out of the hotel, they have gone MUCH smoother.  I'm hoping that will be the case with registration this year.  At least they let us do small group registration, which is nice since it means my roommate can load our stuff in the room while I get the badges, like we've done the last few years.

True that the Fairmont was the major cause of last year's line. Still when I think about some of the past years, it seems like something always comes up. Like the power outage in 2012. But this very well may be the year everything runs smoothly, so who knows.
"I WILL COSPLAY THIS ONE DAY" I say as I never start on the cosplay ever

lovepulse

Yea, the wait last year was absolutely horrendous.  The staff said later that it turns out you could pick up your fanime badge at the Clockwork Academy (doesn't have to be Clockwork badge).  So if there's a long line at the Fairmont, try Clockwork.  Apparently, there was like no line at Clockwork.

To be honest, I picked mine up on Friday morning, and there was still a long wait.  The line was half as long as Thursday's line, which is still pretty dang long.  However, that was the non pre-reg line xD the pre-reg line was about 30 min - 1hr.  I like re-read half of Harry Potter 3 while waiting in line.  Always pre-reg guys!

My boyfriend got his on Saturday, and there was absolutely no line.

EJAY420

Theres never a long line EARLY FRIDAY morning. Thats when to get it. Screw day zero.
Most Impressive.

Maomee

According to my confirmation email 
Quotethe Registration area will be open to you for badge pickup on Thursday May 23rd from 7PM to 10PM.

However, Day 0 is also a "badgeless" day, so you can still get into the con without one if you don't want to wait in the forever line of Thursday badge pickup. (took our group over 6 hours last year).

DangerHeart

Quote from: EJAY420 on May 10, 2014, 11:33:13 AM
Theres never a long line EARLY FRIDAY morning. Thats when to get it. Screw day zero.

We lined up early on Friday last year and were there for nearly three hours. I'd rather sleep in that day or find food parking and waste half my day on Thursday.

EJAY420

To each their own. Good luck homie. Hope linecon doesnt last forever.
Most Impressive.

lovepulse

Remember you guys could always try Clockwork at the Doubletree Hotel if the line is too long at the Fairmont during Day 0.

I won't be getting my badge until Friday night, because I have to work.  However, if my friend wants to go during Day 0 after work then I might go.  If it's too long, I'll head over to Doubletree, and I suggest all of you do the same as well :P

belligerent

If you've already designated your spot for badge pickup as Fanime, are they actually going to let you just change to CA on the fly like that, though? 

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: lovepulse on May 10, 2014, 06:07:56 PM
Remember you guys could always try Clockwork at the Doubletree Hotel if the line is too long at the Fairmont during Day 0.

I won't be getting my badge until Friday night, because I have to work.  However, if my friend wants to go during Day 0 after work then I might go.  If it's too long, I'll head over to Doubletree, and I suggest all of you do the same as well :P
Quote from: belligerent on May 10, 2014, 07:35:24 PM
If you've already designated your spot for badge pickup as Fanime, are they actually going to let you just change to CA on the fly like that, though? 

I think the head of reg said something along the lines of they'd try to accommodate you if you did that, but no promises.

And, here's a relevant quote from the swap meet head about reg this year:

Quote from: Decantus on May 02, 2014, 09:53:56 AM
Con Badge situation (Everyone)

4 years ago, we did try to do Badge pick up at Swap Meet.  This was a bad idea.  Last year, we had the server failure that delayed people getting their badges for hours.  This was bad, but not something that we can control.  What we CAN control is having you guys get stuck in that long pre-reg line and not getting your badges until 10pm.

Registration this year is more streamlined than ever.  The Registration team has put together a system that will cut reg down to 15-20 seconds per attendee.  But we are going a step further to make sure that you are going to be able to make it to swap meet check in.  If you get a space for Swap Meet, you are able to obtain a voucher from us that gives you access to the Priority Registration line that Artist Alley Vendors have.  You will need to come to Swap Meet Prior to getting your Con Badge, and I will give you this Voucher.

pantsu

so fanime is having pickup from 3-8 on day 0....

i thought i saw 5-8 on CA's page for their day 0 hours...is this correct, or will they also be doing 3-8??
2018 lineup:
Fri - Miss Frizzle
Sat - Oren Pierre Alfonso (KR Gaim)
Sun - General Leia (SW: TFA)
Mon - Samwell jersey (OMG Check Please!)

ewu

Quote from: pantsu on May 11, 2014, 09:08:44 PM
so fanime is having pickup from 3-8 on day 0....

i thought i saw 5-8 on CA's page for their day 0 hours...is this correct, or will they also be doing 3-8??

3 should be the latest FC Reg will open, but it may be earlier if we get setup completed early. That is the same for CA Reg. Different locations, so different times.

Of course if unforeseen things happen, the there is a small chance that we may not open that early, but the 3/5 opening times for FC and CA have a bit of play for the unforeseen, hence the possibility of an early open too!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom