How much $ have you saved/what are you buying?

Started by FanFicGuru, May 03, 2014, 06:30:54 AM

FanFicGuru

The convention approaches! I haven't been to fanime for a couple years but figured I'd come say hi for the 20th anniversary. How much have you guys got saved up for the con this year? I've got a couple paydays between now and then...so I should have about $800-850ish.

Anything in particular on your shopping list for this year? I'm interested in some of the One Piece figures, maybe some good gaming finds at the swap meet. Otherwise, I don't really buy much in terms of DVDs/blu-ray at con.

I'm interested to hear from the rest of you!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Purelovely

I've been saving since about January. I will have about $3,000 - $4,000. I'm hoping for some Sailor Moon stuff but I bet it won't be easy to find with the new anime coming out. I also like drinks, candy and the like. I really never find much that I need or want in the dealers room but I'm coming in from Indiana so it's also my vacation. My partner and I are going to Great America, San Francisco, seeing movies and eating lots of Japanese food. I can't wait. I'm determined to make this a great Fanime.
Fanime Con 2018 Cosplay:
Fri: No cosplay
Sat: ??
Sun: No cosplay
Mon: No cosplay because I'm going to Disneyland!

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Purelovely on May 03, 2014, 07:20:32 AM
I've been saving since about January. I will have about $3,000 - $4,000. I'm coming in from Indiana so it's also my vacation. My partner and I are going to Great America, San Francisco, seeing movies and eating lots of Japanese food. I can't wait. I'm determined to make this a great Fanime.

Holy crap! I tip my hat to you! Have a great con! :D
Swap meet staff - 2014

Purelovely

Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 03, 2014, 07:22:10 AM
I've been saving since about January. I will have about $3,000 - $4,000. I'm coming in from Indiana so it's also my vacation. My partner and I are going to Great America, San Francisco, seeing movies and eating lots of Japanese food. I can't wait. I'm determined to make this a great Fanime.

Holy crap! I tip my hat to you! Have a great con! :D

Thanks. I'm a Veterinary assistant so I'm able to save up a bit more money than in years past. I hope you have a great Fanime too. ^_^
Fanime Con 2018 Cosplay:
Fri: No cosplay
Sat: ??
Sun: No cosplay
Mon: No cosplay because I'm going to Disneyland!

EJAY420

1k saved up for fanime. :-)   that is all i need. :-)
Most Impressive.

Admiral Donuts

I don't have any set amount saved up because I just have enough money in general.

Only particular things I'm looking for this Fanime are Magic cards and something to hang on a wall of mine.

abcbadcat

I don't have a Fanime savings but I do have enough money saved up for pretty much w/e I'd want

I really would like to buy a Kill la Kill scissor blade this year though

So I don't lose my way of course

Kalledom

I live in the area and don't require hotel/transportation/restaurant/etc fees like a lot of con-goers, and I'll be purchasing a one-day badge online at the day of the convention, so I'll probably bring around ~$200 to the actual con. I'm looking for plushies and miscellaneous cosplay keychains and charms (any jewelry found included) in the Dealer's Hall and some nice prints in the Artists Alley. Last year, though, I spent practically all my time in the Dealer's Hall and bought a lot more there than anywhere else, so I have high hopes this year. :D
2014:
Saturday 5/24: Kuroko (Kuroko no Basket)
Will be in Dealer's Hall early afternoon, Artist Alley late afternoon.

surfcityetching

I've been saving since about January. I will have about $3,000 - $4,000. I'm hoping for some Sailor Moon stuff but I bet it won't be easy to find with the new anime coming out. I also like drinks, candy and the like. I really never find much that I need or want in the dealers room but I'm coming in from Indiana so it's also my vacation. My partner and I are going to Great America, San Francisco, seeing movies and eating lots of Japanese food. I can't wait. I'm determined to make this a great Fanime.

I have a table at Clockwork Alchemy and I can totally make you some custom etched Sailor Moon glasses.

Take a look at some of my previous work and let me know. My prices for custom work generally ranges from $25-$35 each, for custom pint glasses (cheaper if the designs are simple or multiple of the same design are purchased), and I currently have a con special of buy 4 get one free. Also since you are going to the con I can save you $10-$20 on shipping by bringing any orders with me packaged in bubble wrap so you don't have to worry about damaging them on your return flight. 

http://www.surfcityetching.com/previous-designs-and-custom-orders.html

FanFicGuru

Quote from: abcbadcat on May 03, 2014, 10:30:30 AM
I don't have a Fanime savings but I do have enough money saved up for pretty much w/e I'd want

I really would like to buy a Kill la Kill scissor blade this year though

So I don't lose my way of course

DON'T LOOOOSSEE YOURRR WAAAYYYYYYY.... Great now the song is in my head.
Swap meet staff - 2014

keitoghostie

I haven't really allocated any Fanime but like Kalledom I also live in the area and am commuting to the con - I have a couple paychecks coming in this month as well as potential swap meet earnings so I'm in good shape but I guess I'm planning on roughly spending $250? Maybe a bit more but idk.

I'll probably buy a couple figures, but I'm in need of another display case so I'm not planning on getting a bunch, just ones that I haven't been able to find/favorites. Also if there are any shirts that look really nice I may go for a couple of those!
I usually get at least one blind box figure because there's some fun in it and it's kind of become a tradition.
I'll probably get a couple things at artist alley as well!
Can't think of anything else unless anyone in the dealer's hall has this plate

SpiritOfKairi

Like others have said, I don't really have money allocated specifically for Fanime.  I've been working full-time for the first time these last few months (since January), and have kept disposable income spending to a minimum, so my financial situation is much better than it has been during previous years.  In past years the most I've spent is about $150 on various trinkets, collectibles, etc.  That was mainly because I was a student, though, and didn't have much money for things outside of the room and food.  This year, I don't have anything specific in mind to buy, but I should be able to get whatever catches my eye, instead of curbing my spending to just a few things I have to have.

Xanreo

Predicting I'm going to be spending around $220.

Fanime marks the start of summer vacation and "convention season" for me so I can't be spending everything at Fanime.

Ironic that I now have an income but spending less than when I was a student living on allowance.

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

Firefury Amahira

Eh, I plan to have about $200 in cash on hand, and I can probably spend in the vicinity of $400 on my credit card without having to dip into my emergency savings. Granted, I also don't really have any particular wishlists. If I can land a really good price on certain MG or PG Gundam kits though.... assuming my roommates don't kill me for bringing in MORE kits when I still have a huge backlog I need to build as is!

I mean, for DVDs and manga and stuff, I can generally find that online. Most figures I want I typically pre-order online already. Guess it depends on what goodies I can find in the dealer's hall that catch my fancy or have good deals. I do need to start replacing my huge collection of cell phone charms since most of my old tassel of them broke earlier this year...
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

kookiekween99

I have allotted $350 spending money for both AA and DH. I don't really know what I'm looking for, I just kinda look around for anything that sparks my interest.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14