Clockwork Alchemy vs. FanimeCon Badge Design [UPDATED] PLEASE READ

Started by SOawesomeness, May 03, 2014, 06:20:39 PM

SOawesomeness

Hi all!

Just thought I'd make a friendly announcement on this forum where it would be visible.

If you pick up your badge at Clockwork Alchemy, you will get a Clockwork Alchemy badge design. If you pick up your badge at FanimeCon, you will get a FanimeCon badge design.

Thank you!

UPDATE:
Based on recent projections, it is entirely possible that CA may not have enough badge stock for CA attendees if Clockwork Alchemy is flooded with FanimeCon members coming to pick up their badges at Clockwork Alchemy. Our system architect summed it up well here:

QuoteBased on my models, I expect that the time to shuttle to and from Clockwork plus their wait time will be more than the max line wait after we open. We have scaled the two registration systems based on the sizes of the conventions, and there is a real risk we'll overrun Clockwork. This will have the nasty side effect that we'll run out of Clockwork badges (they'll have to switch to Fanime artwork), and that will make our steam punk friends sad.

Reality can and will differ from my models, but if it were me I'd reg at the con I intend to attend.

We have ordered a good amount of standard member badges for CA members only but it is theoretically possible for Clockwork Alchemy to run out of Clockwork Alchemy badges on Thursday and will therefore have to use FanimeCon badges for the rest of the weekend. It may actually not be a shorter wait time to pick up your badge at CA as they have limited resources such as staff and check-in booths.

Essentially: we can process upwards of 10x faster than Clockwork Alchemy given that FanimeCon is equipped to handle large numbers of people whereas Clockwork Alchemy is not. Go to FanimeCon to pick up your badge if you are attending FanimeCon.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Dracil

Bummer. So that means if we want a short line we're stuck with a CA design.

Xanreo

Quote from: Dracil on May 03, 2014, 07:42:02 PM
Bummer. So that means if we want a short line we're stuck with a CA design.

HOPEFULLY it's shorter.

I'm completely fine with this because even if you want a cool Fanime badge, you may end up with one of the characters you don't like anyway.
It's all luck of the draw and adding Clockwork Alchemy designs to the deck is pretty cool.
Never attended Clockwork Alchemy but having a steampunk badge is not going to irk me.

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

Admiral Donuts

If they do the sticker thing again this year you might be able to swap once reg is done if they have extras or you find someone who wants to swap.

SOawesomeness

I do suggest that if you want to swap the badge background, to go on Monday right before closing and ask if you can swap the badge background at the specific convention you'd like to get.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Pounce!

Do paid online (after may 1st) attendees get plastic/design badges?

I'm also added to an existing group (from 1st database).

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Pounce! on May 09, 2014, 10:17:25 PM

Everyone will be getting a plastic badge.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: SOawesomeness on May 10, 2014, 03:17:01 PM
Quote from: Pounce! on May 09, 2014, 10:17:25 PM

Everyone will be getting a plastic badge.

Everyone as every attendee or as in everyone who did early-pre-paid-online registration? And by "plastic," are the badges themselves going ot be personalized, or will they use stickers?

Acey Arisen

Will both badges get you into the same con(s)? A friend of mine is picking up her badge in the CA line, but I'm only planning on attending Fanime...
My Tumblr
Planned 2016 cosplays: Amethyst (SU), God Tier Roxy (HS), Summer (Rick And Morty), Ebony Dark'Ness Dementia Raven Way (My Immortal)

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: Acey Arisen on May 12, 2014, 10:03:06 PM
Will both badges get you into the same con(s)? A friend of mine is picking up her badge in the CA line, but I'm only planning on attending Fanime...

Yes. Either badge will get you into all the events at both cons.

Acey Arisen

My Tumblr
Planned 2016 cosplays: Amethyst (SU), God Tier Roxy (HS), Summer (Rick And Morty), Ebony Dark'Ness Dementia Raven Way (My Immortal)

RegSystemArchitect

Based on my models, I expect that the time to shuttle to and from Clockwork plus their wait time will be more than the max line wait after we open. We have scaled the two registration systems based on the sizes of the conventions, and there is a real risk we'll overrun Clockwork. This will have the nasty side effect that we'll run out of Clockwork badges (they'll have to switch to Fanime artwork), and that will make our steam punk friends sad.

Reality can and will differ from my models, but if it were me I'd reg at the con I intend to attend.

DangerHeart

Quote from: RegSystemArchitect on May 20, 2014, 12:35:19 PM
Based on my models, I expect that the time to shuttle to and from Clockwork plus their wait time will be more than the max line wait after we open. We have scaled the two registration systems based on the sizes of the conventions, and there is a real risk we'll overrun Clockwork. This will have the nasty side effect that we'll run out of Clockwork badges (they'll have to switch to Fanime artwork), and that will make our steam punk friends sad.

That's a pretty good point. I'd be bummer if I registered at FanimeCon and got a CA badge because they ran out due to people picking them up there instead.

KyraEnsui

Oh. Is it possible now to switch from CA pick up to Fanime instead if this is going to be an issue?

SOawesomeness

Quote from: KyraEnsui on May 21, 2014, 10:15:23 AM
Oh. Is it possible now to switch from CA pick up to Fanime instead if this is going to be an issue?
Yes. You do not have to request it- essentially we ask this of everyone so that we can get a gauge of where to allocate our resources (such as in this instance). You may pick up at either location regardless of what you chose during registration but I do strongly suggest to pick up at FanimeCon if you are not attending CA at all.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

KyraEnsui

Quote from: SOawesomeness on May 21, 2014, 10:57:17 AM
Quote from: KyraEnsui on May 21, 2014, 10:15:23 AM
Yes. You do not have to request it- essentially we ask this of everyone so that we can get a gauge of where to allocate our resources (such as in this instance). You may pick up at either location regardless of what you chose during registration but I do strongly suggest to pick up at FanimeCon if you are not attending CA at all.

Okay! Thank you very much for this clarification! Will do!