Fairmont: Need keys for the elevator?

Started by DangerHeart, May 05, 2014, 09:50:29 AM

DangerHeart

My friend booked our group a suite at the Fairmont this year(not thru housing, he wanted it that badly) and when he went to look at the hotel room(apparently you can do that if you call ahead and ask?) he said something about needing a room key to use the elevator? Does anything know if this is true? Thanks.

Barnes

A key to use the elevator? That doesn't sound right to me. I was there last year.

Unless the key is used to get to the very top floors or something. I dunno.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Admiral Donuts

We used the elevators when Swap Meet was there and I don't remember needing any key. Maybe it's a key to access certain floors?

n/m, I got confused

EJAY420

Yes u do need keycards for the fairmont elevators. You only need them if you are using the newer building adjacent to the hotel.
Most Impressive.

Gwydion

Also, your room key IS the keycard for the elevator. And to get through the South Tower door if I remember correctly.

SpiritOfKairi

This was one of the things that annoyed me about the Fairmont when I stayed there.  But yes, there's a part of the hotel that's adjacent to the main building called the south tower as the previous poster commented.  If you're in there, you not only need your room key to operate the elevator when you get in, but you also need it to get in the building after around 8 pm I believe.  I just remember after a certain night hour the south tower doors lock, and the only way in is to use your room key in the slot right next to the doorway.  It can be tedious to do since you only have a short time frame to open the door.  It works best if you have others/roommates around to help catch the door.

Barnes

Well I'll be darned. I stayed in the main building of the Fairmont.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

thepsynergist

The Hyatt had the outside keycard door at night as well.

EJAY420

Some newer rooms u need your keycard to flush the toilets.
Most Impressive.

thepsynergist

Quote from: EJAY420 on May 05, 2014, 09:50:01 PM
That just seems insulting...

DangerHeart

Oh jeez. Thanks for all the replies. This is gonna be interesting ......

Gwydion

Quote from: thepsynergist on May 06, 2014, 01:43:44 AM
Quote from: EJAY420 on May 05, 2014, 09:50:01 PM
That just seems insulting...

That just seems weird and suspicious to me. I've been staying in the Fairmont for a few years now, and never gotten a room like that.

Xanreo

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order