Cancellation Fee

Started by TheLumberjacksDaughter, May 06, 2014, 11:38:18 AM

TheLumberjacksDaughter

So I just had to cancel my reservation at the Fairmont for reasons.

I noticed while canceling that the last day to cancel was April 25th (which is bs to be honest as most hotels I have booked at have a cancellation date of like 3 - 4 days before your stay).

Any who does anyone know if I will be charged a fee, and if so how much?

Admiral Donuts

I think the cancellation fee is because it's under Fanime Housing and not the hotel itself, which is why it's so early.

Quote from: TheLumberjacksDaughter on May 06, 2014, 11:38:18 AM
I noticed while canceling that the last day to cancel was April 25th (which is bs to be honest as most hotels I have booked at have a cancellation date of like 3 - 4 days before your stay).

EJAY420

In 2007 i did not cancel on time. I believe the fee was 150.
Most Impressive.

DangerHeart

I think the typical fee is one nights stay plus applicable taxes.

Admiral Donuts

Wow, that much? Maybe you're better off trying to find someone to take your room, but I don't know if they allow transfers.

kookiekween99

What CMR doesn't mention is that there is a small window of time after they transfer the info to the hotels when you can cancel directly with the hotel with no fee. I did it two years ago, when I had to drop a room a week before con.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

DangerHeart

Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 06, 2014, 04:20:16 PM
What CMR doesn't mention is that there is a small window of time after they transfer the info to the hotels when you can cancel directly with the hotel with no fee. I did it two years ago, when I had to drop a room a week before con.

I never even thought of that..... and most usually let you cancel up to 24 hours before so I wonder how big that window is. That's good news for future cons.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: DangerHeart on May 07, 2014, 09:47:46 AM
I never even thought of that..... and most usually let you cancel up to 24 hours before so I wonder how big that window is. That's good news for future cons.

If OP calls the hotel directly and asks to cancel they might let him know if and when he can.

seerakosumosu

Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 06, 2014, 04:20:16 PM

When is this window of time and for how long? Maybe 24 hours within the info being transferred?

MatchlessValor

If your looking to get rid of the room my friends and I are in dire need of one, if you'd like we'd be more than happy to take over the hotel room off your hands, and would be more than willing to even pitch in a little more for the inconvenience.