Schedule???

Started by freewayangel092, May 11, 2014, 12:13:07 PM

freewayangel092

Has there been any word on an online program showing hours times of events what will be playing etc???
I've searched other forums but didnt see anything. Just wondering if they going to post it before con so we can plan like they did last few years. Thanks.

EJAY420

It is usually announced minutes  prior or within minutes of the con.  Keep checking FB or TWITTER for any updates.
Most Impressive.

ewu

Quote from: freewayangel092 on May 11, 2014, 12:13:07 PM
Has there been any word on an online program showing hours times of events what will be playing etc???
I've searched other forums but didnt see anything. Just wondering if they going to post it before con so we can plan like they did last few years. Thanks.

The schedule usually comes out the week before or the week of con. We often have many last minute changes and additions to the guest list that require substantial changes to the schedule, so we would rather there be a bit more certainty rather then completely change the schedule on you.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

bballergerl44

I am also anxious for the schedule and hope it isn't minutes before :)

echoshadow

Quote from: bballergerl44 on May 11, 2014, 04:51:51 PM
I am also anxious for the schedule and hope it isn't minutes before :)
Nah, they'll just give us less than 72 hours before the start of day 1. That's if Fanime decides to break their 3 year old tradition of late schedule. I'm hoping they'll go for a 4th year.

I'll be shocked if the schedule actually gets posted a week before the.....oh wait, never mind it's already going to be a week before con.

I guess I'll be shocked if it comes out before Friday.

I'll be even more shocked if the use the Guide Book App, like every major con does these days.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: echoshadow on May 12, 2014, 07:05:00 AM
I'll be even more shocked if the use the Guide Book App, like every major con does these days.

Fanime came out with their own app last year that was 19 mb and got between 100-500 downloads.

phr34kish

I thought the app was a great idea, to be honest. Even if the schedule wasn't the best feature, it was nice having all the Rover information and other emergency numbers so easy to access.

TC X0 Lt 0X

The App was pretty neat. It would have been great if my old phone had more then a 4 hour battery life and crashed every half hour. Good thing I have a new phone this year.

I dont remeber what features it had last year, but it would be pretty great if you could mark events and have it set up a alarm prior to the event to warn you it is coming uo soon.

Running around with a paper schedule with highlighted events does have its own appeal to it too though.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 13, 2014, 03:37:34 PM
I dont remeber what features it had last year, but it would be pretty great if you could mark events and have it set up a alarm prior to the event to warn you it is coming uo soon.

This is why I suggested they use Google calender, it has XML and HTML options so you can build an app around it as well as access the feed through your own calender if you want.

echoshadow

Lol google calendar, nah, nah.

500 downloads for over 10,000+ people? I say it was a bust.

Guess most of you guys haven't had an opportunity to use it. I'll admit I was like f-this app, How could it be better than the printed version. Till I used it.
It has the whole schedule along with the description, start/end times for each event. It also had a map and a make your own day planer. It also updating so it lest you know if an event is moved/canceled. 

The make your own schedule day planer was my selling point. Before I would look at the online schedule, check the description then decide  if I would add it or not. Then write it on my note pad.
With the guide book app, it was just a few clicks and my day was all planed out. 

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: echoshadow on May 13, 2014, 08:32:07 PM
Lol google calendar, nah, nah.

500 downloads for over 10,000+ people? I say it was a bust.

Guess most of you guys haven't had an opportunity to use it. I'll admit I was like f-this app, How could it be better than the printed version. Till I used it.
It has the whole schedule along with the description, start/end times for each event. It also had a map and a make your own day planer. It also updating so it lest you know if an event is moved/canceled. 

The make your own schedule day planer was my selling point. Before I would look at the online schedule, check the description then decide  if I would add it or not. Then write it on my note pad.
With the guide book app, it was just a few clicks and my day was all planed out.

Are you talking about Guidebook or the dedicated FanimeCon app?

echoshadow

Guidebook silly, Fanime's app was a glorified PDF file.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: echoshadow on May 13, 2014, 10:02:09 PM
Guidebook silly, Fanime's app was a glorified PDF file.

Oh, I agree. And a PDF would have been less than 19 mb and compatible with everything.

I mentioned Google calendar because I know it does alerts and feeds and all that good stuff. I've never had a chance to use GuideBook but it sounds like it should have been the obvious choice.

echoshadow

Oh Guidebook also has alerts too.

limDsage

QuoteLol google calendar, nah, nah.

Why you hating on Google Calendar? :p

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

davidnguyen408

I want to know when they going to post the schedule on the Fanime site

Gwydion

Quote from: davidnguyen408 on May 18, 2014, 04:12:32 PM
I want to know when they going to post the schedule on the Fanime site

"Soon" is the best answer you're gonna get. ^^ Sometime between now and Thursday, though at least the Panels section of the website has date/location info so you can plan a little from there.