App?

Started by otakuya, May 16, 2014, 12:59:14 PM

otakuya

Is the DevAtelier app from the App Store still valid and will it be updated? Or is there going to be a whole new app soon? (And please make it available for Android)

Admiral Donuts

The current one is available for Android via Google Play. It hasn't been updated since last year, though.

Belfry

I really hope the update the app (or use Guidebook) for this year. The app was fantastic to have last year.

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: Belfry on May 16, 2014, 09:22:11 PM
I really hope the update the app (or use Guidebook) for this year. The app was fantastic to have last year.

Think the answer to this is "no", but could you use Guidebook for last year, or was it just the Fanime app?

EJAY420

Guide map for a small ass con?
Most Impressive.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on May 17, 2014, 11:29:56 AM
Quote from: Belfry on May 16, 2014, 09:22:11 PM

Think the answer to this is "no", but could you use Guidebook for last year, or was it just the Fanime app?

Just the app.

Belfry

The app has been updated for 2014! (At least for iOS). It looks very nice and I'm excited that it's available again this year.

svatoid

Where is the app available from?

svatoid

Never mind. I found it.

Amarok

I installed the app on my phone (Android), but all it shows is 3 dots blinking endlessly on a black background when I try to open it. :/ Not really surprised, but is there something I'm missing?

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: Amarok on May 21, 2014, 08:31:59 AM
I installed the app on my phone (Android), but all it shows is 3 dots blinking endlessly on a black background when I try to open it. :/ Not really surprised, but is there something I'm missing?

I just looked at the Google Play entry for the app on my Galaxy S3, and it hasn't been updated for 2014.  The latest update it received was on May 21, 2013.  So looks like unless the development team codes for Android soon, the app is going to be an iOS exclusive.

Steve.Young

The android application should be updated but that relies heavily on when the Google Play admins approve our latest changes.

Thanks,
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: Steve.Young on May 21, 2014, 11:10:58 AM
The android application should be updated but that relies heavily on when the Google Play admins approve our latest changes.

Thanks,

Aha, so we're playing a waiting game with Google.  Thanks for clearing that up!

Amarok

Aw, man, sad to be an Android user as always! But thanks for the response!  :D Hopefully it'll get updated in time to be usable.

otakuya

No app yet, but I downloaded the PDFs of the program and pocket guides. They're awesome, thanks staff!

phoenixphire24

Got the iOS app and it looks great guys! However, it doesn't look like the schedule is updated yet?

Belfry

Quote from: phoenixphire24 on May 21, 2014, 05:12:43 PM
Got the iOS app and it looks great guys! However, it doesn't look like the schedule is updated yet?
Doesn't look like it. I can't see the schedule yet either.

Jimbly

I posted this over in the Video Programming forum, but my web-app scheduler/planner (http://fanime.info/)is available again this year, more info here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,19477.0.html.  Unfortunately it doesn't look like apps.fanime.com is exposing the schedule data this year, so I'm unable to automatically import the whole schedule, and have, so far, only manually entered the video programming (as that's what I'm most interested in).  If you'd like to help, there's a link in the above-mentioned forum post to start inputting data right now =) (note: user-made schedule changes don't show up in the general planner until I approve it, but anyone doing editing should see everyone else's changes immediately).

Jimbly

Found a page to scrape the live programming data from, so that is now in my interactive schedule over at http://fanime.info.  Enjoy!