Hotel Deposit Policy

Started by Alphonse_Elric, May 16, 2014, 10:30:04 PM

Alphonse_Elric

Hey everyone!
(I'm new to this forum), and I really need some help about the deposit Policy. I got the room at Holiday Inn, and I found out about the whole deposit policy. I was wondering of how much will be charged onto my credit card.  I should have been more prepared earlier about this   :-[   Thanks a lot!

~ Alphonse 

Admiral Donuts

I don't think they actually charge youanything for a deposit if you're using a credit card, that's only for debit cards.

seerakosumosu

Usually hotels put an authorization on your credit card but don't actually charge that amount.

FanFicGuru

Whether you use credit or debit you will be charged a security deposit fee. This is typically $50 a night, or one night's stay depending on the hotel. Typically it works like this:

You have a $250 charge for staying at a hotel for 3 nights
They place a HOLD on your account for the amount of the room (250) plus the amount of the security deposit ($50/night X 3 nights = $150)
250+150=400 placed on hold from your credit/debit card

Typically around Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week, your bank gets the memo of what the actual bill was and the hold falls off and is replaced with your final room total. Keep in mind that Monday is a bank holiday, so don't expect to get around the hold. Plan accordingly!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Admiral Donuts

Is the security deposit fee a con thing? I've never been charged one before.

EJAY420

No, the deposit thing is a hotel thing. Just in case we fk up the room. For insurance i guess. It not just a convention thing. Heck, even days inn charge 80 a night on any given day.
Most Impressive.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on May 17, 2014, 09:00:55 AM
Is the security deposit fee a con thing? I've never been charged one before.

It's pretty much a universal hotel thing. It's not technically a "charge" it's just a "pre-authorized hold". Once you check out and the bill is finalized the "pre authorized hold" falls off and your "final bill" goes on.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015