Online vs At the con

Started by Dawngirl9, May 19, 2014, 08:07:46 PM

Dawngirl9

I was wondering whether if it's better to pay online or at the convention. Which line is usually longer?

echoshadow

It's really hard to say. Depends what day and time you go. In Fanime tradition mornings up to 3:00pm are long lines on day 1 and 2. For both pre-paid and on site.

As always on any line with pay on site takes longer. Although Fanime is an exemption.
So not sure how bad wait times are going to be. They'll be using a new system this year so....???

If your going to pay on site might as well plaing your day early cause your going to missing about half of the day. Unless the new system actually works and nothing bad happens like a power outage, printer malfunction, short on staff, only 4 booths for 20k people to bottle neck to. Etc..
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

XeroRain

Day Zero is always the longest, but thats because everyone prefers to waste a whole day in line than waiting in line on friday when their is going to be actual events.
2014/2015: Cosplaying as Ludger from Tales of Xillia 2
2016: Garry from Ib
2017: Gaius from Fire Emblem (wip)

echoshadow

Quote from: XeroRain on May 19, 2014, 08:30:09 PM
Day Zero is always the longest, but thats because everyone prefers to waste a whole day in line than waiting in line on friday when their is going to be actual events.
Day zero is for prepaid only.

Also forgot to add you can buy your badge at Clockwork Alchemy. But I'm sure half the people are going to show up there so it may be another long wait there too.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

XeroRain

Yeah it's for pre-paid only so if you don't wanna wait longer, don't buy it online because most of the people do just for day zero, and just buy it in person the next day.
2014/2015: Cosplaying as Ludger from Tales of Xillia 2
2016: Garry from Ib
2017: Gaius from Fire Emblem (wip)

SOawesomeness

Quote from: echoshadow on May 19, 2014, 08:34:29 PM
Quote from: XeroRain on May 19, 2014, 08:30:09 PM
Day zero is for prepaid only.

Also forgot to add you can buy your badge at Clockwork Alchemy. But I'm sure half the people are going to show up there so it may be another long wait there too.
Yes. Please note that CA reg is a much smaller setup. They will have something like 4 staffers and 2 printers with maybe 4-6 stations or so (don't have the exact numbers on me at the moment). If a lot of people go there, it may take just as long if not longer to pick up your badges there.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Xanreo

Quote from: SOawesomeness on May 19, 2014, 10:53:16 PM
Yes. Please note that CA reg is a much smaller setup. They will have something like 4 staffers and 2 printers with maybe 4-6 stations or so (don't have the exact numbers on me at the moment). If a lot of people go there, it may take just as long if not longer to pick up your badges there.

2 printers?! My gosh.
I'll have to risk it then since I like to gamble; plus, I want the CA design.

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

RegSystemArchitect

Quote from: Dawngirl9 on May 19, 2014, 08:07:46 PM
I was wondering whether if it's better to pay online or at the convention. Which line is usually longer?

Please register online. It is at least twice as fast for our stations (~30 seconds vs > 1 minute in testing), and more people registering online lets us shift more of our resources to the online flow, which will make that line faster.

A station that can accept payment is just a pre-paid station with more equipment, so we can dynamically rescale the two sides according to demand (they're in a row next to each other, so it's just like switching the directions of toll lanes on a highway).

(These numbers are based on testing, your mileage may vary, and we will rescale sides at our discretion, etc...)