Questions/Need to know when...

Started by SkylerKarashi, May 20, 2014, 01:21:29 PM

SkylerKarashi

Hey, I was curious if certain days and times have been announced for certain events:
The Fanimaid Café
The Hentai Nights
The Yaoi Nights
The Concerts (Who It Is and When They Will Be Performing)
The Dance
The Schedule for the Shuttle to Clockwork Alchemy

And If anyone knows, is there wifi in the convention center?

Thank you! :D
My Cosplay For Fanime 2024:
Thursday: Closet Kaminari/Yuri (BNHA/Yuri On Ice)
Friday: Goth (Boyfriends)
Saturday: Red (Pokemon & Smash Bros)
Sunday: Casual Kaminari (BNHA)
Monday: Goth (Boyfriends)

kookiekween99

FaniMaid Café will be located in the Fairmont Hotel on the Lobby floor in Club Regent. They will be open on Saturday and Sunday only. The doors open 11:00am and the line closes at 5:30pm. The cafe closes 6:00pm.

Dance will be located in the SJCC in the following and will be in the following Rooms and Times:
   Room 231 (THEME ROOM/Formerly F) will be open
         DAY 0 - 10 PM to 2AM
         DAY 1,2,3 - 7PM to 4AM
   Room 232 (SHOWCASE ROOM/Formerly G) will be open
         DAY 1,2,3 - 7PM to 3AM
   Room 230 (MAIN ROOM/Formerly J) will be open
         DAY 0 - 11PM to 2AM (Depending on attendance)
         DAY 1,2,3 - 8 PM to 4AM

MusicFest will be located in the Civic Auditorium. MusicFest begins at 6pm on Saturday. MusicFest has two guests - Raj Ramayya is the opening act, HOME MADE KAZOKU is the headliner.

Shuttle Info is at the bottom of this page: http://www.fanime.com/accommodations

Video schedule can be found here: http://www.fanime.com/video-programming/video-programming-schedule

As for wifi, in my experience, there is wifi, but with 25,000+ people trying to access it, it isn't very reliable, so don't count on it being there.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

SkylerKarashi

Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 20, 2014, 02:12:46 PM
FaniMaid Café will be located in the Fairmont Hotel on the Lobby floor in Club Regent. They will be open on Saturday and Sunday only. The doors open 11:00am and the line closes at 5:30pm. The cafe closes 6:00pm.

Dance will be located in the SJCC in the following and will be in the following Rooms and Times:
   Room 231 (THEME ROOM/Formerly F) will be open
         DAY 0 - 10 PM to 2AM
         DAY 1,2,3 - 7PM to 4AM
   Room 232 (SHOWCASE ROOM/Formerly G) will be open
         DAY 1,2,3 - 7PM to 3AM
   Room 230 (MAIN ROOM/Formerly J) will be open
         DAY 0 - 11PM to 2AM (Depending on attendance)
         DAY 1,2,3 - 8 PM to 4AM

MusicFest will be located in the Civic Auditorium. MusicFest begins at 6pm on Saturday. MusicFest has two guests - Raj Ramayya is the opening act, HOME MADE KAZOKU is the headliner.

Shuttle Info is at the bottom of this page: http://www.fanime.com/accommodations

Video schedule can be found here: http://www.fanime.com/video-programming/video-programming-schedule

As for wifi, in my experience, there is wifi, but with 25,000+ people trying to access it, it isn't very reliable, so don't count on it being there.
Wow, thanks. :) and yeah, I would expect that for the WiFi. XD but hey, I'll take what I can get.

kookiekween99

You're welcome. And if you have any questions during con, you can always find an info desk or track down one of our walking teams. :)

SkylerKarashi

Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 20, 2014, 03:08:11 PM
You're welcome. And if you have any questions during con, you can always find an info desk or track down one of our walking teams. :)
Cool, will do. :)

SkylerKarashi

When does the artists ally open on friday?
And will there be a rave this year?

le_momo

Quote from: gary925 on May 20, 2014, 08:17:07 PM

The hours for Artist Alley are listed in the link below:
http://www.fanime.com/exhibits/#artist-alley

I think when you say "rave," you mean the Dances. These times were posted by kookiekween99 in a previous post. :)
2017-2024 Extravaganzas Head
2013-2024 Black & White Ball Head
2010-2012 Black & White Ball Instructor/Staff/Second
FanimeCon attendee since 2005

SkylerKarashi

Quote from: le_momo on May 20, 2014, 10:21:37 PM

I think when you say "rave," you mean the Dances. These times were posted by kookiekween99 in a previous post. :)
That's what I said, but my girlfriend insists that there's a so called fanime rave. XD

le_momo

Quote from: gary925 on May 20, 2014, 11:35:14 PM

That's what I said, but my girlfriend insists that there's a so called fanime rave. XD

From my understanding, they are not called "raves" due to the connotation that the term might bring (though they might have other reasons in addition to that one - I don't speak for them). The Dance department is the one with all the fancy DJ's and flashy lights, from my experience way, way, way back when. :P
2017-2024 Extravaganzas Head
2013-2024 Black & White Ball Head
2010-2012 Black & White Ball Instructor/Staff/Second
FanimeCon attendee since 2005

kookiekween99

The only "rave" at Fanime is the Dance. The only other thing I could think of that goes with the category of dance is the Black and White Ball, which is a formal event Sunday evening.

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 21, 2014, 12:16:47 AM

The only "rave" at Fanime is the Dance. The only other thing I could think of that goes with the category of dance is the Black and White Ball, which is a formal event Sunday evening.

Okay, now I'm a little confused.  So there's the B&W Ball, and there are the dance lessons held before it for people who want to brush up on their skills.  (I'm guessing that's what the stuff in rooms 230-232 is at night.)  But now, there was definitely a rave, at least in previous years.  It was held in the CC's upper floor on I believe Friday.  There was always a long line to get in, and the dance room was dark and cramped.  I do know that in previous years there were problems with the event (mainly with people breaking con etiquette/rules), so did they decide to stop doing it?  If they did, can't say that surprises me entirely, but I thought they were simply enforcing stricter rules for that one.

Steve.Young

We do not call our dances "Raves" but if you are referring to a large dark damp room in which hundreds of sweaty people dance to house, trance, and other types of music that is indeed our Dance that is held every year. ;)

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: Steve.Young on May 21, 2014, 11:16:34 AM
We do not call our dances "Raves" but if you are referring to a large dark damp room in which hundreds of sweaty people dance to house, trance, and other types of music that is indeed our Dance that is held every year. ;)

Ah, I see.  That was indeed what I was referring to.  I guess while staff doesn't call it a rave, there are attendees who do, since I have only heard it called a rave and not simply a dance.  Good to have that cleared up.  In that case, the dances that were mentioned before by kookiekween in rooms 230, 231, and 232 - are those all dances, or are those ballroom lessons in preparation for the Ball?  Curious because the time frames seem more suited to dances, but I thought that was only held once over the weekend.

kookiekween99

The Dance (aka the "Rave") happens at night in rooms 230, 231, and 232 of the SJCC over the course of several nights. This is the one in the dark room with electronic music.

The Black & White Ball is the formal dance that takes place Sunday night in Parkside Hall. There are also formal dance lessons/demonstrations throughout the weekend leading up to the B&W Ball also in Parkside Hall. These both involve ballroom dancing.

Hope that clears up some of the confusion.

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 21, 2014, 12:37:02 PM
The Dance (aka the "Rave") happens at night in rooms 230, 231, and 232 of the SJCC over the course of several nights. This is the one in the dark room with electronic music.

The Black & White Ball is the formal dance that takes place Sunday night in Parkside Hall. There are also formal dance lessons/demonstrations throughout the weekend leading up to the B&W Ball also in Parkside Hall. These both involve ballroom dancing.

Hope that clears up some of the confusion.

That certainly clears up my confusion, thanks!  I'm just a bit surprised since I thought in previous years it only happened one night, like the Ball.  Either that was changed recently, or I was mistaken.

abcbadcat

The dance has always been a multiday event every year. There will be three rooms this year so now you will have a better chance of being able to find something you'll want to hear :D