Will the Peace Bonding station be open Thursday?

Started by XeroRain, May 21, 2014, 01:28:16 PM

XeroRain

I have 2 different weapon props I need to peace-bond, and where is the station going to be at this year?
2014/2015: Cosplaying as Ludger from Tales of Xillia 2
2016: Garry from Ib
2017: Gaius from Fire Emblem (wip)

abcbadcat

Speaking from previous experience, peace bonding is only available during convention hours and require you to be wearing the costume for the items you are wanting to peace bond.

Policies may have changed but I hope that helped out at all

XeroRain

Yeah that helped, because I wasn't planning on wearing my cosplay on day zero.

kookiekween99

There are two Peace Bonding stations this year. One will be in the Hilton near the Santa Clara Room and will be open continuously from Day Zero starting at 6pm to Noon on Monday. The other will be near the Cosplay Gatherings table and will be open Friday - Sunday 10 am - 6 pm & Monday 10 am - 12 pm.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

abcbadcat

kookiekween99

XeroRain

Quote from: kookiekween99 on May 21, 2014, 01:53:40 PM
There are two Peace Bonding stations this year. One will be in the Hilton near the Santa Clara Room and will be open continuously from Day Zero starting at 6pm to Noon on Monday. The other will be near the Cosplay Gatherings table and will be open Friday - Sunday 10 am - 6 pm & Monday 10 am - 12 pm.

Omg! So do I need to actually wear my cosplay if I go there on Day zero? Or can I just provide the staff pictures or something of me wearing it?

kookiekween99

I'm 97% sure you have to be wearing the costume to get it peace bonded, since the prop is only validly peace bonded when it's with the appropriate costume.

luluuxduplica1223

Along with this subject, you said peacebonding doesn't open until 6pm, right? What if someone has a prop and comes early to get in line? o__o
Proud member of  Moral Insanity Cosplay group :D
http://moralinsanitycosplay.deviantart.com/
My deviantart:
http://luluuxduplica1223.deviantart.com/

*Organizer of the Pokemon, Fruits Basket, Gravity Falls, and Wonderland gathering at Fanime Con 2013! :D*

kookiekween99

Quote from: luluuxduplica1223 on May 21, 2014, 05:54:35 PM
Along with this subject, you said peacebonding doesn't open until 6pm, right? What if someone has a prop and comes early to get in line? o__o

I would ask in this thread to be sure, but I think as long as you don't brandish it or hit people with it, they'll probably forgive you. Personally, I would just put it in a bag or box or something until I could get it peace bonded.