Silly question: Can we change badge designs? Fanime to Other Fanime Design

Started by Koru, May 22, 2014, 10:09:51 PM

Koru

Specifically, today I went to day 0 and I got the badge with the shirtless guy on it...then I saw others with the penguin badge and I was extremely envious because I absolutely love penguins and would rather have that design instead! So I'm wondering if it's possible on the end of Monday, if there's still badges left, to possibly get a penguin badge printed? I completely understand if it's not possible since this year looks super packed and supplies will probably end up being low ;; But either way, thanks for considering this silly desire of mine!

On a happier note, the line this year was super fast! I got all my group's badges in just 5 minutes and there was no Line-Con at all(which was surprisingly disappointing but everyone probably prefers shorter wait times!). Fanime staff really stepped up their game this year, and they've worked really hard to make this happen! I hope that future years will go by like this as well!

SOawesomeness

Come on Sunday night right before close. If we have any more available, we will attempt to accommodate you. However, this is based on our discretion.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Koru

djmonolith

That is so funny... I have the penguin but would rather have the girl.  ha ha
This is my signature.

pc@11

Daughter's first time to Fanime.  She is bummed.  We were just told sexy guy badge cannot be exchanged for a penguin.

hikanteki

Were all weekend and single day badges random? Or did the single day ones have different designs?

DangerHeart

I feel like it depending on the batch of designs they happened to be using at time? I could be wrong obviously. I got there about an hour after the early opening and got the penguin, but later in the day I heard they were giving out the male design. I'm glad I got the penguin XD I've never gotten my favorite design on a badge before, but even if I didn't I would still go back and ask if it could be changed. Never hurts to go and ask!

Impulse

Someone told me it was based on day.

Thursday was the penguin.

I don't know about the others however.
10':
Friday I encouraged some of the artists. Saturday I worked as a dealer. Sunday, I taught a few people how to Salsa. After midnight I played NINJA in a chair due to injury. Monday I worked as a dealer again and all through out the weekend helped ppl.

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: Impulse on May 27, 2014, 10:43:07 AM

Nope. Lots of people picked up Thursday and didn't get penguin

idontknow

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on May 27, 2014, 10:59:09 AM
Quote from: Impulse on May 27, 2014, 10:43:07 AM

Nope. Lots of people picked up Thursday and didn't get penguin

I think it depended on which person helped you out at registration. I went to one guy to pick up for a group of 9 and all our badges were printed out in front of me and we all got the shirtless blonde guy.

otakuya

Can there be an option to pick which mascot or badge design we want for next year? (though I don't want LineCon to start again if this happens)

btw, what's the penguin mascot's name? And what's the theme for next year?

M

The badges are randomly loaded into the printers so there's a chance of getting one of the six designs. We have had five main mascots (humans) in the past, but starting last year we tried experimenting with having a single pet mascot (last year: rabbit, this year: penguin). It seems to be a big enough hit that we're going to continue having a pet mascot each year.

Random fun fact: The pet mascot has been my favorite out of the six for the last two years and next year's pet will probably end up being my favorite. XD
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Admiral Donuts

Quote from: MPLe on May 29, 2014, 08:30:36 PM
Random fun fact: The pet mascot has been my favorite out of the six for the last two years and next year's pet will probably end up being my favorite. XD

Since next year's theme is mythology can we get a Tanuki mascot?